Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Posted by dank0014:

Agent advised that a PP benefit allows us to book 5 day packages vs 7 day packages at lesser points. She mentioned it was only available to MVC owners and Marriott PP (not regular platinum).
Print Wikipost

Platinum Premier level, 2016-present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:24 am

Just got my platinum premier gift. The brochure lists the extra premier benefits as:
  • Dedicated Platinum Premier Services Team
  • Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle Status
No mention of United Gold
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by bochtoyota
Just got my platinum premier gift. The brochure lists the extra premier benefits as:
  • Dedicated Platinum Premier Services Team
  • Complimentary Hertz Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle Status
No mention of United Gold
Correct. Unfortunately they discontinued United Gold this year. You only get United Silver which is worth very little. United Gold is the minimum level to be able to select economy plus seats at time of booking. That was the primary benefit for me. For those who do international travel, United Gold also gets you lounge access. United Silver is limited to selecting economy plus seats at time of check in though it at least still does get you free checked bags.

--Jon
Jiatong likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I see no indication of PP status on my account,nor would I expect to have been granted it.
But a recent folio had it printed on it as my status.
A mistake at the property,or a completely hidden status?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I see no indication of PP status on my account,nor would I expect to have been granted it.
Shouldn't be hidden and doubt the property even knows what it is. There have been reports of differences between the website and the app. Do you have the app? What does it say. I would expect any differences would be sync'd by the end of the month. And just to be clear, the folio says Platinum Premier and not Platinum Elite?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Sometimes properties realize there is a difference between a P6 (Plat) and an X4 (Plat Premier). Unfortunately, its probably only 25 percent or so.

As Hockeyinsider caught, there is a spelling error in the code on the US website (but not the UK website) so Plat Premier status doesn't show on the US website. You can log into the UK website which doesn't have the spelling error and will show your status if you are a Plat Premier. The app doesn't have the spelling error and will also show your status if you are a Plat Premier.

How many nights did you stay in Marriott properties not including rollovers last year?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Was it a non-US property? I was busted down from PP a couple years ago and this year I am plat by virtue of LTP. A hotel manager told me I still show as PP in his system. Maybe yours is the same thing? A former PP on a non-US system?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Shouldn't be hidden and doubt the property even knows what it is. There have been reports of differences between the website and the app. Do you have the app? What does it say. I would expect any differences would be sync'd by the end of the month. And just to be clear, the folio says Platinum Premier and not Platinum Elite?
I do have the app and status is Platinum. The folio definitely says Platinum Premier
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Was it a non-US property? I was busted down from PP a couple years ago and this year I am plat by virtue of LTP. A hotel manager told me I still show as PP in his system. Maybe yours is the same thing? A former PP on a non-US system?
It was a US property and I have never been PP to my knowledge. I am assuming this property somehow made an error, as I definitely did not have enough nights to qualify for Plat.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
Correct. Unfortunately they discontinued United Gold this year. You only get United Silver which is worth very little. United Gold is the minimum level to be able to select economy plus seats at time of booking. That was the primary benefit for me. For those who do international travel, United Gold also gets you lounge access. United Silver is limited to selecting economy plus seats at time of check in though it at least still does get you free checked bags.

--Jon
United Silver is free checked bag, group 2 boarding (Gold/Silver/people with the credit card), baggage priority (all elite status tiers on UA get this - orange tag so your bag is supposed to be one of the first to hit the belt at destination), priority line at security (if you don't have Precheck).

Silver is better than nothing, but the lack of international lack access, only one free checked bag (vs. two for UA Gold), and lack of complimentary E+ at booking hurts it. It's also basically impossible to get a complimentary class upgrade as a Silver.

It's better than nothing, but I can understand why those who previously had gold consider silver a downgrade (it is) or why it might reduce/eliminate the appeal for occasionally flying UA.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by phltraveler
United Silver is free checked bag, group 2 boarding (Gold/Silver/people with the credit card), baggage priority (all elite status tiers on UA get this - orange tag so your bag is supposed to be one of the first to hit the belt at destination), priority line at security (if you don't have Precheck).

Silver is better than nothing, but the lack of international lack access, only one free checked bag (vs. two for UA Gold), and lack of complimentary E+ at booking hurts it. It's also basically impossible to get a complimentary class upgrade as a Silver.

It's better than nothing, but I can understand why those who previously had gold consider silver a downgrade (it is) or why it might reduce/eliminate the appeal for occasionally flying UA.
At many int'l airports, I was not able (in years past) to use the priority lines unless I was *G or in J
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:39 am

On a different note, with regards to no recognition of Platinum Premier (PP), I just want to share my recent experiences on two different properties. The first one was Wuhan Renaissance Hotel and the other was Courtyard Beijing Northeast. Both actually recognized my PP status and treated me very well with upgrades and more. Maybe it's an international thing, I don't know.
Just sharing my two cents. Learnt a whole lot from this forum. Keep this up!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by alextktan
On a different note, with regards to no recognition of Platinum Premier (PP), I just want to share my recent experiences on two different properties. The first one was Wuhan Renaissance Hotel and the other was Courtyard Beijing Northeast. Both actually recognized my PP status and treated me very well with upgrades and more. Maybe it's an international thing, I don't know.
Just sharing my two cents. Learnt a whole lot from this forum. Keep this up!
I have long theorized that it's more about the management company. Marriott International manages many, if not most, of the international properties whereas most of the domestic (North America) properties are franchised and not managed by Marriott International.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jjmoore
At many int'l airports, I was not able (in years past) to use the priority lines unless I was *G or in J
For what it's worth, I'm a Delta (Sky Team) guy.

I've only flown Star Alliance five times, all internationally, and One World four times with one flight being an American domestic first-class flight and the rest international. In Kuala Lumpur, Oslo and Trondheim, I've flashed my fancy Delta diamond card to access priority lanes and get priority bag tags.

Star Alliance and One World have so many member airlines that it's possible an agent at an out-station without a strong command of English may not notice your card isn't from their airline's alliance. As I've always said, looking the part is key to getting away with it.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
For what it's worth, I'm a Delta (Sky Team) guy.

I've only flown Star Alliance five times, all internationally, and One World four times with one flight being an American domestic first-class flight and the rest international. In Kuala Lumpur, Oslo and Trondheim, I've flashed my fancy Delta diamond card to access priority lanes and get priority bag tags.

Star Alliance and One World have so many member airlines that it's possible an agent at an out-station without a strong command of English may not notice your card isn't from their airline's alliance. As I've always said, looking the part is key to getting away with it.
I frequented BRU several years back during my project work in that region... and that was when I was beginning to build status... for the first 5 trips during 2009, I was only *S... and at BRU, the priority line was automated, meaning that the boarding pass had a bar code that I had to scan to be able to access that line... as *S, I was not able to... had to be *G during that time, or equal status on the other alliances. Maybe things have changed... but honestly, I didn't really mind. Once I had Gold that year, it was rather nice to not have to stand in a long line in the priority line, unlike in the states where the priority line can be longer than the standard lines. Purchasing TSA Pre fixed that ultimately.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I frequented BRU several years back during my project work in that region... and that was when I was beginning to build status... for the first 5 trips during 2009, I was only *S... and at BRU, the priority line was automated, meaning that the boarding pass had a bar code that I had to scan to be able to access that line... as *S, I was not able to... had to be *G during that time, or equal status on the other alliances. Maybe things have changed... but honestly, I didn't really mind. Once I had Gold that year, it was rather nice to not have to stand in a long line in the priority line, unlike in the states where the priority line can be longer than the standard lines. Purchasing TSA Pre fixed that ultimately.
Yeah, just for clarity on priority security/boarding, that only applies on United and United Express flights (and for the priority security, being at a United Hub with a Premier Access security line). Priority security/boarding as a United elite at a non-United hub (but instead another Star Alliance airline) requires *G (which is United Gold and up)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.