Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection - Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
This is an all suite property. There are about 85 units total including suites, villa and private residence. New villas are planned.
There is no resort fee, no parking or valet fees, and buffet breakfast is included daily regardless of your status with Marriott.
There is no exec lounge for elites.
The resort is located about 8 minute drive North of the town of Elounda. The small town of Plaka is 3-4 minute drive to the North.
The ferry to Spinalonga Island is 10 euro the round trip. The admission to the island is another 8 euro per person.
Haute Living lounge is only available for those who have paid for Villas.

Titanium benefits are generous (as at August 2020):
  • Complimentary Breakfast in our Restaurant (Tholos) throughout your stay (When booking on redemption stay)
  • One Complimentary Dinner in our Restaurant (Blend or their choice on check-in), drinks excluded
  • Spa thermae Facilities (per Adult, per stay - was a 20 minute back massage)
  • VIP Check-in over a signature aperitif overlooking the famous UNESCO protected islet of Spinalonga
  • 1000 bonus points (in addition to any normal bonus), posts about 5-7 days later
Then the usual: Complimentary Upgrade (upon availability); Late Check-Out (upon request, upon availability).
Print Wikipost

Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection - Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
sitting on my balcony right now here at Domes. Haven't had a chance to wander over to BP, but the pools are really nice here and the beach is sandy as well. I would say it all depends on how much you need your nights towards 50. I have all my points with Marriott, so I tend to always pick MR over SPG until I hit my 75 again.

Key points: free breakfast, no resort fees, no parking fees.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by CALMSP
sitting on my balcony right now here at Domes. Haven't had a chance to wander over to BP, but the pools are really nice here and the beach is sandy as well. I would say it all depends on how much you need your nights towards 50. I have all my points with Marriott, so I tend to always pick MR over SPG until I hit my 75 again.

Key points: free breakfast, no resort fees, no parking fees.
What kind of upgrade did you get, if any as a plat? Was it easy to get it?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by bknets88
What kind of upgrade did you get, if any as a plat? Was it easy to get it?
no upgrade. was told "elite" recognition doesnt exist here and is not recognized.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: LTP, PP
What a silly response which can leave a bad taste in one's mouth despite the rave reviews. What about the 'Haute Living Lounge' access? Welcome gift? Even a small bag of chocolates at check in to elites could go along way at little cost.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
What a silly response which can leave a bad taste in one's mouth despite the rave reviews. What about the 'Haute Living Lounge' access? Welcome gift? Even a small bag of chocolates at check in to elites could go along way at little cost.
unfortunately, no and no. The entire welcoming was actually pretty bad. Even the wife mentioned we've had better experiences at a Towne Place.

Full trip report to come within the next 4-6 days.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 2:49 pm

What's the best way to get here from the port if arriving by ferry or airport if arriving by plane? Costs?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ennsy
What's the best way to get here from the port if arriving by ferry or airport if arriving by plane? Costs?
I would think you would want a rental car. Eastern Crete begs for exploration and a car is the best way. It's about an hour from Heraklion.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by david55
I would think you would want a rental car. Eastern Crete begs for exploration and a car is the best way. It's about an hour from Heraklion.
Thank you!
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by CALMSP
unfortunately, no and no. The entire welcoming was actually pretty bad. Even the wife mentioned we've had better experiences at a Towne Place.

Full trip report to come within the next 4-6 days.
did you end up writing a report?

Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Award redemption, sea view with a jacuzzi a few weeks ago. Upgraded to a sea view with a private pool (instead of jacuzzi). But, the "key" was the location which was at the far end (for lack of a better term) of the resort with tons of privacy and stellar views (it was also higher up).

The resort is fabulous. I can barely find anything to complain about. Be sure to go to Plaka for dinner (very close, €5'ish taxi or walkable).

Stunning views. Stunning resort. (Picture from our suite terrace area below.)
Did you request the upgrade or was it already in the system at check in?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT

Did you request the upgrade or was it already in the system at check in?
Pretty sure they dont officially recognize status. But they do upgrade people when they can. I never requested mine. But i did reach out politely proactively to the concierge and asked if there were any gold/platinum amenities. I think this may have helped out cause but who knows.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by njxbean
Pretty sure they dont officially recognize status. But they do upgrade people when they can. I never requested mine. But i did reach out politely proactively to the concierge and asked if there were any gold/platinum amenities. I think this may have helped out cause but who knows.
I will try reaching out prior to then. Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:11 pm

I will try reaching out prior to then. Thanks!
when are you going?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by bknets88
when are you going?
End of June
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:54 pm

Nice I might end up there in the beginning of July! Please report back. Are you platinum or gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.