Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Domes of Elounda, Autograph Collection - Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
This is an all suite property. There are about 85 units total including suites, villa and private residence. New villas are planned.
There is no resort fee, no parking or valet fees, and buffet breakfast is included daily regardless of your status with Marriott.
There is no exec lounge for elites.
The resort is located about 8 minute drive North of the town of Elounda. The small town of Plaka is 3-4 minute drive to the North.
The ferry to Spinalonga Island is 10 euro the round trip. The admission to the island is another 8 euro per person.
Haute Living lounge is only available for those who have paid for Villas.

Titanium benefits are generous (as at August 2020):
  • Complimentary Breakfast in our Restaurant (Tholos) throughout your stay (When booking on redemption stay)
  • One Complimentary Dinner in our Restaurant (Blend or their choice on check-in), drinks excluded
  • Spa thermae Facilities (per Adult, per stay - was a 20 minute back massage)
  • VIP Check-in over a signature aperitif overlooking the famous UNESCO protected islet of Spinalonga
  • 1000 bonus points (in addition to any normal bonus), posts about 5-7 days later
Then the usual: Complimentary Upgrade (upon availability); Late Check-Out (upon request, upon availability).
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Just noticed this on the Marriott website. Opening September 2015. No category yet.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/

"From magnificent views of the historic island of Spinalonga to award-winning services, Domes of Elounda redefines Greek hospitality. Offering suites and villas only, the hotel sets new standards in luxury.

The architecture blends seamlessly with the beautiful Cretan land, while visitors are constantly close to water: the beach, pools, and spa are all just a few steps away.The four restaurants and the gastronomy festival, which takes place every year, offer the best in Greek and international cuisine, while the wine-tasting evenings complete one's adventures in taste.

Domes also offers a great range of indoors and outdoor activities. From tennis courts and fitness rooms to picnic getaways and boat trips around Spinalonga, there are some great options for everyone.

The Domesland club for kids and teenagers offers a variety of educational and entertaining options every day.

By combining authentic Cretan hospitality with a touch of luxury, Domes of Elounda is a truly unique destination that cannot be missed."
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Press release on the property on Marriott's website today, but still not showing availability yet/loaded into the system.

http://news.marriott.com/2015/09/aut...to-greece.html

Cheers.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Interesting and welcome addition to MR and a much needed additional Marriott hotel in Greece! Last year we stayed at the SPG Blue Palace just down the beach from the hotel and really enjoyed our stay. Hotel seems to be all suites and villas so I wonder what suite we will get on awards.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Saw this in an article today:

"....a boutique place to stay in Greece may want to check out the Domes of Elounda in Crete, which will join Marriott's Autograph Collection this April.

The hotel just wrapped a multimillion dollar expansion which includes 78 suites, 40 villas, and 28 private residences, outfitted with amenities that run the gamut from private gardens and eco-heated pools to fully equipped kitchens.

The all-suite property has also added three new pools, a new restaurant, a new bar, a deli shop offering local produce, an open air theater, a club house and a Domesland entertainment area for children and teens."
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:11 pm

Very excited to stay at this property in August. Booked the Family Suite and asked for a confirmed upgrade to a Premium One Bedroom suite with pool. This was offered at 60 euros per night, which I thought was reasonable.

Any feedback on the property from those who have visited?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nittany987

Any feedback on the property from those who have visited?
It's not opening as Autograph until April. Please post after your stay in August, although hopefully we'll have reports before then.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 2016, 11:51 am

I also have a points booking here for a Family sea view Whirlpool Suite. Wanted to upgrade to Premium sea view with private pool, price quoted was 450 per night, which I refused since their public pools look great. The price difference on their website between the two room types is only 70, so given that and that someone else here was quoted 60 for the exact same upgrade I`m still a bit irritated about the situation. Will report how they stay was, property overall looks more than promising.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hosserunda
I also have a points booking here for a Family sea view Whirlpool Suite. Wanted to upgrade to Premium sea view with private pool, price quoted was 450 per night, which I refused since their public pools look great. The price difference on their website between the two room types is only 70, so given that and that someone else here was quoted 60 for the exact same upgrade I`m still a bit irritated about the situation. Will report how they stay was, property overall looks more than promising.
Were you quoted 450 in advance or at check-in? If at check-in I'd mention the 60/70 difference. If in advance I'd wait to see what they offer at check-in & if it's worth it.

Regardless of all that, look forward to your review!

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2016, 1:27 am

I contacted them via email, the €450 were in advance. I reached out to nittany987 via PN to ask how he / she got the €60 but he never got back to me.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Property is a Category 9.

Looking forward to the first trip reports by FTers.

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:26 am

Sorry Hosserunda; had been travelling out of the country and fell out of FT habits.

For the benefit of others, I had emailed from two different accounts. Mine (silver) was quoted something really high for that upgrade. My wife (gold) was quoted the 60 euros by a different rep.

Not sure if it's just arbitrarily figured by agents/representatives; if status plays a role; or if we just got lucky.

We're about 2 weeks out from our stay. Will be sure to check back in and post some thoughts.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 6:35 am

Staying here right now. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Will write a quick report later but can already tell that this is one of the best vacations we ever took.

Btw, there's another domes hotel in Crete near Chania that just opened a few weeks ago and is also part of autograph collection. Looks also very nice and seems built completely new. It's adult only.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Hosserunda
Staying here right now. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Will write a quick report later but can already tell that this is one of the best vacations we ever took.

Btw, there's another domes hotel in Crete near Chania that just opened a few weeks ago and is also part of autograph collection. Looks also very nice and seems built completely new. It's adult only.
I'm curious about the food options and cost Planning on Santorini next May but this property intrigues me as another option (pricing is similar to where we are looking) especially since I am Plat.

On that note, I'm curious what, if any, platinum benefits exist but you may not have an answer to that (can't tell from posts what your status is).
Old Aug 23, 2016, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

It's a resort. I would expect bennies to be free wifi only & maybe a potential upgrade.

Cheers.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's a resort. I would expect bennies to be free wifi only & maybe a potential upgrade.

Cheers.
Good point - I guess I should modify to say Platinum treatment which I know can be all over the place at resort Marriott's.

At the Ren Phuket Resort, for example, it was upgrade to a pool villa and 20% off F&B but at other places it is as you mentioned, just free wifi and maybe an upgrade. Just curious where DoE is in that spectrum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.