Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Looks like I got the one where after 2 stays I get a Cat 1-5 certificate.

I'm newly platinum.

Should I try and change it to the bigger point offer or keep it?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Good show, Marriott. ^

Appropriate way to deal with the impending devaluation.
+1
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
All offers for our 2013 Mid-Year “Unexpected Bonus” promotion should now be applied, so you may sign in to promotion Central to register for your targeted offer. We’ve enriched the targeted points offers from year’s past and for the first time in the U.S., we’re offering category 1-5 certificates with the default offer.

Sign in to your Marriott Rewards MyAccount to register for your “Unexpected Bonus” offer by July 31, 2013.

Participating Brand(s): JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®. The Ritz-Carlton®
participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.

Call 888-Marriott (627-7468) or contact Customer Care for complete details. Beginning April 30, additional information will be available at MarriottRewards.com/UnexpectedBonus.

Safe travels!
Andy
Promotion Central: no new promotions.

Does this mean that I'm not being targeted for ANY offer during this period? I didn't get the mini Courtyard or whatever offers either.

I'm a PP who collected the maximum points during the last MegaBonus.

Is anyone else here in this situation?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Does this mean that I'm not being targeted for ANY offer during this period? I didn't get the mini Courtyard or whatever offers either.

3 times a year this happens. A few people are always left out. It seems to be a computer glitch. I'd give them another day or so, then call.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:34 am

Here in germany I could not see anything in my account!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA, Aeroplan, CX Gold, MR PLat
Thanks Jerry

You have helped me on several threads in the last 24hrs.....you are a good friend to have stalking me

Cheers

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Direct link to "Promo Central" should work once you login
top-left corner will show "Unexpected Bonus"

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
I see 2 stays for category 1-5! Woohoo
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by romsdeals3
I see 2 stays for category 1-5! Woohoo
Is it that the best one?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:29 pm
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Smile

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
3 times a year this happens. A few people are always left out. It seems to be a computer glitch. I'd give them another day or so, then call.
Thanks to all for the heads up. I was amongst the left-out, but I went to My Promotions and there it was (2 stays, 1 free) and I got signed up. Nice that it's for Cat 5s
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

I´m in the same situation. No new promotions in my Promotion Central

Based in Europe it´s not unusual for me to get these things a lot later than the folks based in the US. However, it is somewhat disconcerting that Marriott Concierge says that everybody should have the offers by now.

Svantevit
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:32 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Boooma
Here in germany I could not see anything in my account!
Try the .com side and use the link provided by jerryhung (https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi) while being logged in. This worked for me. The problem seems, that the .de page is not using the new layout and therefore has a slighlty different layout. The promotion appeared using the link out of the blue.

As a sidenote, this is the first time I am able to register using the .com page.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
My promo is the standard "up to 3 nights for Cat 1-4 hotels." I saw on the Insiders forum, though, that a couple of folks have had success calling them up to switch to 2 nights at Cat 1-5 hotels, so I'm going to try that, also.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I make a Cat 4 or 5 reservation now, the cat goes up, and I earn the certs over the summer, can I use them for those reservations- I would assume yes?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Any award reservation made before a category increase takes effect will be honored at the lower category. You will have to contact Marriott Rewards to make sure they issue the award at the lower rate if you do not have the room certificates/points in your account when you make the award reservation. Otherwise, the computer system will automatically pull the current category amount a week before your arrival date.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Lets Be Patient

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Let's be patient and see if Marriott rolls out more information in the next week or so. I too show No New Promotions but then Megamiles, Megabonus does not end till tomorrow. Perhaps more by next week or the weekend to sign up.

What does everyone think of the sweetened points offer and the two cat 5 certificates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.