Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:41 am

Anyone had luck changing their unexpected bonus offering? So far, I've been able to change husband's megabonus offerings the last few times with the Plat line but always hear that this courtesy will change in the future.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Very unexpected. I would like to know if anyone gets offer #6 so I can keep the historical thread accurate.
I received #6, but will be calling to ask for a move to #4. I'm really hoping NOT to hit the 25+ stays that would make #6 a better deal.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Started this thread, just got mine this morning, #1. I usually get the the three cat 4 but this is fine.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Found mine in Promo Central...

Register by July 31, 2013
Stay 20 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
Earn 35,000 bonus points, plus an additional 2,000 points after each additional paid night (up to 55,000 points)
This bonus season, expect big things—and earn even bigger.

Whoop! ^

(UK based)
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:50 am

Canadian Silver here, got #2, same as last MegaBonus
I want some Cat 1-5 man..

2. Category 1-4 Free Night Certificate After Two Stays (Max 3)

You can earn maximum of three category 1 to 4 free night certificates each after two stays.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: AA, Aeroplan, CX Gold, MR PLat
Do you have a link to this promo?

We are new to Marriott group, we recently applied for the CHASE Marriott Card in Canada. We are travelling a fair bit with the family this year and was hoping to take advantage of the Marriott program on our RTW trip.
Thanks K
[
QUOTE=jerryhung;20668917]Canadian Silver here, got #2, same as last MegaBonus
I want some Cat 1-5 man..[/QUOTE]
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Misnerfamily
We are new to Marriott group, we recently applied for the CHASE Marriott Card in Canada. We are travelling a fair bit with the family this year and was hoping to take advantage of the Marriott program on our RTW trip.
Thanks
It should appear in your "Promo Central" area in your Marriott Rewards account
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Just received mine Cat 1-5 cert. PERRRRRFECT. Didn't see this in either T&C's but is this combinable with the mini bonus (ie two stays at a brand gets 5000 bonus points) since they run concurrently.

Thanks for any help
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Promo showed up this morning. I got option 4. With my current business travel that is a stretch. I'll ride it out for a while and then may ask to change to option 2.

--Jon
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: AA, Aeroplan, CX Gold, MR PLat
Thank you Wickersley

Will log on and see what's there!!

Originally Posted by Wickersley
It should appear in your "Promo Central" area in your Marriott Rewards account
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Misnerfamily
Will log on and see what's there!!
Direct link to "Promo Central" should work once you login
top-left corner will show "Unexpected Bonus"

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
USA based PP: Nothing today. (I didn't look yesterday.)
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:54 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

All offers for our 2013 Mid-Year “Unexpected Bonus” promotion should now be applied, so you may sign in to promotion Central to register for your targeted offer. We’ve enriched the targeted points offers from year’s past and for the first time in the U.S., we’re offering category 1-5 certificates with the default offer.

Sign in to your Marriott Rewards MyAccount to register for your “Unexpected Bonus” offer by July 31, 2013.

Participating Brand(s): JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®. The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.

Call 888-Marriott (627-7468) or contact Customer Care for complete details. Beginning April 30, additional information will be available at MarriottRewards.com/UnexpectedBonus.

Safe travels!
Andy
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks Andy for the details!

Cheers.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:37 am
Suspended

Good show, Marriott. ^

Appropriate way to deal with the impending devaluation.

Inasmuch as the US "default option" as per the Marriott Concierge, is a Cat 1 -5 cert, one should likely be able to argue for a switch to that option if one had not initially received it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.