Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Let's be patient and see if Marriott rolls out more information in the next week or so. I too show No New Promotions but then Megamiles, Megabonus does not end till tomorrow. Perhaps more by next week or the weekend to sign up.
No new promotions for me either...
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K

What does everyone think of the sweetened points offer and the two cat 5 certificates?
Whilst it will take significantly more effort to get 55,000 points rather than 2 x CAT 5 certificates (30 nights ); I place much higher value on the points, so I'm happy

(Just wish it started May 1st - I've got 9 nights prior to the 15th)
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:43 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Promotion Central

New Promotions

No new promotions.

I don't have any pending reservations so perhaps Marriott is just being retaliatory and peevish; unless bonuses are supposed to actually drive business?

I'm confident that it will show in the next couple of days so I'm resisting the urge to panic.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I don't have a new offer either. I'm resisting the urge to be cranky, but if nothing changes it will cost them the nights when I work too late to go home and drive past the newer and closer Aloft to get to the worn Courtyard.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:07 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Have reservations and nothing showing for me..................................yet
Old Apr 29, 2013, 6:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
All offers for our 2013 Mid-Year “Unexpected Bonus” promotion should now be applied, so you may sign in to promotion Central to register for your targeted offer. We’ve enriched the targeted points offers from year’s past and for the first time in the U.S., we’re offering category 1-5 certificates with the default offer.

Sign in to your Marriott Rewards MyAccount to register for your “Unexpected Bonus” offer by July 31, 2013.

Participating Brand(s): JW Marriott®, EDITION®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, AC Hotels by Marriott(SM), Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott®, SpringHill Suites by Marriott®, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott®, Residence Inn by Marriott®, TownePlace Suites by Marriott® and Marriott Vacation Club®. The Ritz-Carlton® participates as the exclusive luxury partner to Marriott Rewards.

Call 888-Marriott (627-7468) or contact Customer Care for complete details. Beginning April 30, additional information will be available at MarriottRewards.com/UnexpectedBonus.

Safe travels!
Andy
This is not true. I just had a long phone call with first the PP line and then a Rewards line agent and supervisor. The supervisor said that this information is wrong and that promotion offers are not in most accounts in promotion central, even though a few people have already been able to register. She said that the Marriott social networking reps are wrong and should not have posted that offers should already be in accounts, although the supervisor seemed to know nothing about the Marriott social networking website.

She also said that I must register to see my offer, which has not been true in the past: the specific promo offer always was indicated in promotion central, with no requirement that one must first register for the promo to see the specific offer AFAIK.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is not true. I just had a long phone call with first the PP line and then a Rewards line agent and supervisor. The supervisor said that this information is wrong and that promotion offers are not in most accounts in promotion central, even though a few people have already been able to register. She said that the Marriott social networking reps are wrong and should not have posted that offers should already be in accounts, although the supervisor seemed to know nothing about the Marriott social networking website.

She also said that I must register to see my offer, which has not been true in the past: the specific promo offer always was indicated in promotion central, with no requirement that one must first register for the promo to see the specific offer AFAIK.
It is in both our accounts ready for registration when I click the Promotion Central. We got the default 2 free night certificates.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:29 pm
Suspended

What does everyone think of the sweetened points offer and the two cat 5 certificates?
As I stated up thread, this is a positive development, not like HHonors has done post their devaluation, which is to cut the heart and soul out of their credit card by devaluing to the point of nothingness the AMEX AXON reward.

It will be interesting to see if Marriott again takes a different tack and increases the annual certificate from its credit card to include Category 6 properties. I'm not sure they will but it certainly would be most welcome.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
I got option 2 plus 5000 bonus for Fairfield inn.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
No offer for me

Andy,

Is everyone supposed to get an offer? Will MR customer service be able to enroll me if I e-mail them?

Last edited by piyush; Apr 30, 2013 at 6:34 am
Old Apr 30, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
I just got the following offer, but thinking about switching:

•Earn 25,000 bonus points, plus an additional 10,000 points after 20 paid nights (up to 35,000 points)

-- I've requested the switch to Cat 1 - 5 cert (as I won't have 20 stays during the promo perios).

Last edited by Wembleygal; Apr 30, 2013 at 7:56 am Reason: changed
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Happy
It is in both our accounts ready for registration when I click the Promotion Central. We got the default 2 free night certificates.
Yes, SOME people have already received their offers for this promo, but my point is that SOME OF US HAVE NOT, despite what has been posted here. Moreover, phone agents give information that contradicts what Marriott official representatives have been posting on the internet.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
Unexpected Bonus Details

I am a Platinum with 75 nights so far this year...I got a 45k offer in Promotion Central this morning.

Earn up to 45,000 bonus points when you stay at any of our 3,600+ hotels worldwide with Marriott Rewards® Unexpected Bonus.
See Details

To earn your bonus points:

Register by July 31, 2013
Stay 20 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
Earn 35,000 bonus points, plus an additional 10,000 points after 25 paid nights (up to 45,000 points)

This bonus season, expect big things—and earn even bigger.

With the world’s most distinctive array of hotel brands, you’re always on the road to something amazing.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 8:55 am

Still nothing for me....and I didn't get any of the recent mini promos: Fairfield, Springhill, or Courtyard.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 9:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Still nothing for me....and I didn't get any of the recent mini promos: Fairfield, Springhill, or Courtyard.
Perhaps a call about this is in order?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.