Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer 2013 Megabonus ("Unexpected Bonus")

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 8:12 am
Suspended

I think it may be due to Jerry being only a Silver member. They may be permitting Gold and Platinum and above to switch freely.
Old May 2, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by ncgator
When i switched from pts/nts to cert promotions in the past. I always waited until i had the necessary nights for the max certs and then called. They would see that i had enough nts and put the certs in my account right then. They always told me thy would flag the account just in case i ended up with enough nts to earn the points and then deduct them, but i never had enough nts. YMMV
Thanks for the info, I had them manually switch my promo, and I'll give it a try once I've completed the 4 stays to see if they'll do it!
Old May 2, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
just another data point..

was offered #5
called and changed to #1
Old May 2, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
I am Plat, didn't get a promo offer yet. E-mailed for #6 promo, and was told me I was selected for promo #5. (Just saw that #6 is for UK)

When I logged in a few moments ago, I don't see the promo under Promo Central yet.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
I am another data point for a Plat with no offer yet.
Old May 3, 2013, 8:27 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by Jailer
....I'm resisting the urge to panic.
Called and was told that I was slated for, and subsequently registered to:

Stay twice at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
Earn one free night after each second paid stay, up to two free nights
Enjoy your free nights at any category 1-5 hotel worldwide
This bonus season, expect big things—and earn even bigger.

Works for me.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by threedjmay
I am Plat, didn't get a promo offer yet. E-mailed for #6 promo, and was told me I was selected for promo #5. (Just saw that #6 is for UK)
Who says #6 is for UK only?
Old May 3, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: UA-Silver, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Plat
Another Plat here with no offer yet as of this morning.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

New MegaBonus

check out:
http://MarriottRewards.com/UnexpectedBonus
When I clicked the link I was shown the offer:
•Register by July 31, 2013
•Stay 20 paid nights at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
•Earn 35,000 bonus points, plus an additional 10,000 points after 25 paid nights (up to 45,000 points)

When I signed out of my MR account and re-clicked the link, I was shown:
•Register by July 31, 2013
•Stay twice at any participating hotel between May 15 and September 2, 2013
•Earn one free night after each second paid stay, up to two free nights
•Enjoy your free nights at any category 1-5 hotel worldwide

http://news.marriott.com/2013/05/sta...promotion.html

Last edited by spectrablue96; May 3, 2013 at 9:49 am
Old May 3, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
2. It says paid stays. One of my stays is a 1 week timeshare exchange. Those count for 7 nights towards elite status, so do they count towards the promotion too? If not, I may need to shift one more stay during the promotion period over to Marriott.
Can anyone confirm for sure whether timeshare exchanges count or not?

Also, award stays DON'T count towards the promotions, but do count towards elite nights for status, right?
Old May 3, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat

Also, award stays DON'T count towards the promotions, but do count towards elite nights for status, right?
Time share stays do not count for anything unless you pay for the night, as if a hotel reservation. Exchanges do not count unless they make a mistake (I have seen it happen).

You do get night credits at your home resort if you stay there, but not if you exchange and not for any promotional nights since you don't "pay" for the night.

So if you book a night at a MVCI property on marriott, pay for the night, you get points and night credit including anything for promotions.

If you exchange into a Marriott property, you are supposed to get zero, nada, nothing for anything.

If you own at MVCI and stay at your own property, you get night credit that counts toward annual status.

Billy
Old May 3, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I've found numerous threads here on FT and elsewhere that say otherwise, including this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...y-credits.html

That's also been my own personal experience. I've always received credit for Marriott timeshare exchanges. 14 days last year. 21 days so far this year (and 14 more planned).

I've found some threads since I posted my question about MVCI exchanges in relation to promotions, confirming that MVCI exchanges don't count towards promotions.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond

Award stays do not count toward elite nights for status.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:06 pm
Suspended

NO AND NO.

You are in HHonors thinking vein, but in MR award nights don't count towards anything.
Old May 3, 2013, 1:24 pm

Quick Questions about the definition of a stay in regards to this promotion. I registered for the Promotion #1 (Free Cat 1-5 after 2 paid stays). I have one stay scheduled at the end of may that is using cash and points (1 night cash, 2 nights points). Would this count as a paid stay for the promotion? Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.