Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:16 pm

Programs: Amex MR, MR PLT, AA PLT, National Executive Elite
How many Days?

Originally Posted by cloud9eleet
Anyone have details on this undocumented level of the elite program? I was notified this last week that I made it by the hotel and just curious if I can expect any other perks outside of the typical platinum program.

Thanks.
How many days did you have ytd when they told you that you made it to premier? I read in the other link that it said 100+ days, which seems like a low number if it's only the top 3%.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 2:22 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by John C
Chris -
Out of curiosity, top 3% as measured by what? Revenue? And how often is the measurement performed? Can you only be promoted at the beginning of the year based on last year's statistics or are promotions to this level made quarterly? continuously?

Thanks
John C,

Platinum Premier status is applied at the beginning of each calendar year. Based on past history as a Platinum member, the top 3% of Platinum members will achieve and/or renew this status each year.

Thanks,

Chris
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:24 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
My results so far as PLT Premier:

EWR Airport Marriott - Nothing. No suite, no welcome from GM. No fruit basket. Total failure.

DFW Airport Marriott - Very nice fruit basket and note from GM. No suite though.

Wailea Marriott Maui - Beautiful suite (2 lanais and oceanfront). Note from GM and nice snack selection delivered without asking.

Plano TX - Suite given, no fruit basket.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 7:41 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I stayed at the DTW Marriott this week and waiting in the room was a huge snack basket with fruit, cheese, smoked sausage, special coffee blends, etc. All in all had about 15 different goodies in it. The best touch was the two water bottles in an ice cooler with a wine glass being chilled. Only problem was it was 1:30 in the morning when I got there and the ice had melted. No suite though, but it didn't matter because I could have slept on the floor.

I also received two coupons for 20% off the breakfast buffet the next morning at check in. The lounge was open as well

Was upgraded to a huge suite at the PIT airport CY last week as well. I never knew CY's had a suite as big as this one was.

Then I got to the GSO Marriott were I'm always upgraded to a suite and got a regular room on a non C floor. They must not love me any more.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:19 am

So, could it be that the phrase "Suites not included" is not applicable with regards the upgrade rules/practices for Plat Premier?
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, MR Gold (Lifetime), SPG Plat
I don't know that it could be said totally "not applicable", but my tenure last year as a PP was a good one. I received the Presidential Suite at the La Jolla Marriott twice (Jan '04 & Jan '05). I've been given very nice Suite upgrades at almost every hotel I was at last year. The exception to this was the DFW Marriott North. I was there on a regular basis for several months and they may not have suites (I never asked). I did however get the same room (which I requested a couple of times initially) almost every time I was there (1801, corner room with it's own balcony).

I'm heading to the London Marriott County Hall on Sunday. I'm VERY curious as to what kind of upgrade I will get there. I'm there on a 6 night reward stay.

Overall, given the requirements to make PP, I think I've been treated very well. This will, however, likely be my last year as a PP. I've moved to the DFW area and my client is in Irving. So unless I can get rolled onto another project (not likely until at least August), then there is NO way I can get another 125 nights this year.

What I will REALLY be curious about is as a PP, will I get a "soft landing" to "regular" Platinum or to Gold. I'm sure other PP's have thought about it, but haven't seen anyone ask about it.

If there are any PP's from last year who didn't make the requisite 125 nights, let us know what level you are this year.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
The front desk clerk told me today that it was being kicked around but that nothing was final.

I told them they needed a better name - Titanium? Other ideas?

"MANURE"
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:24 am

First, it's true the corporate runs through the membership files on its own to figure out who to give PP out to, and the Marriott Rewards program gets no input into it.

Originally, the "first" requirements were "approximately" 125+ Nights/year for the last three years.

Corporate later switched that to, the top 3% of Plat elites are upgrade to PP each year.

Not everyone got the new message at the same time, and so both messages are floating around out there.

The only "official" benefit is the extra one-stop phone line where both awards and reservations issues can be handled at once.

With regards to "emeritus" (lifetime) status. There isn't one for PP currently.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by tpasol
I'm heading to the London Marriott County Hall on Sunday. I'm VERY curious as to what kind of upgrade I will get there. I'm there on a 6 night reward stay.
I am, too. Usually upgrades do not apply for awards stays, but some hotels do it anyway to be nice.

Originally Posted by tpasol
What I will REALLY be curious about is as a PP, will I get a "soft landing" to "regular" Platinum or to Gold. I'm sure other PP's have thought about it, but haven't seen anyone ask about it.
Typically, all downgrades are "one level at a time". But the PP program is new, so I don't know if the drop is to Plat or straight to Gold.
Old Mar 12, 2005, 8:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I just completed a stay at the Cleveland REN.

Nice property. I was given a Jr. suite.

The Concierge also gave us tickets to the MAC basketball tournament.

This is the hotel that I will use for Cleveland.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 4:59 pm

I just stayed at the Renaissance Times Square...

Didn't make a difference at all to how I was treated. The room was the standard size that I had reserved, I was unable to get a late check out beyond 2:00 pm although I had only asked for 3:00 pm...

Anyway, so far, no goodies on the marriott pp level...
Old Mar 15, 2005, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I was told that Platinum Premier has a membership rank of 2500 members. This certainly is an elite group. ^
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
"Platinum Premier"... what is the benefits delta from Platinum?

I noticed that my Marriott status is now "Platinum Premier", and was curious, what is the difference in benefits between Platinum and Platinum Premier? The website benefits listings appeared pretty similar between the two.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:33 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Shades of Platinum

Mine says Platinum Elite and I can assure you there's no discernible difference
Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (3MM), MR Lifetime PLT, Avis First
There have been a few discussions in the past about what the value of Platinum Preferred was. There aren't any real documented benefits, although some anecdotal evidence says that Preferred's are given better treatment and upgrades by the staff.

I'm curious, what kinds of nights and stays have you had in the past three years? Marriott says that only the "top 3%" of Platinums get Preferred. I'd like to know what I have to shoot for!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.