Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAdvantageGuy:
Platinum Premiere is by invitation only and is revenue based.
</font>
Well I guess that counts me out. I'm a certified "cockroach" from US and we always go for the lowest price! I'm guessing that since I found the bonus code thread on this forum, Marriott's revenue from me has dropped 20% with the same number of nights.

Oh well, I can quit waiting for the postman every day.
Old Jan 8, 2004, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 9, 2004, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MM/PM widget:
Well if that is true you must be a member of the worlds oldest profession! 121% yearly occupancy, not bad!
</font>
It's true, and I am . . . I'm paid on an hourly basis, and the client has to call my manager, who then sends me out to "service" the client. If the client doesn't like me for any reason, he can send me back and ask my manager to send out another person to "service" his needs. Naturally, my manager takes most of the gross.

Yes . . . I'm a con-"sl*t-ant!"
Old Jan 9, 2004, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AAdvantageGuy:
It is not a 4th level so to speak, but more of a special services desk - one stop. For all customer service issues, reservations, complaints, compliments, rewards, etc. . .one place to go and that is it!

Think of it like Avis Preferred. There is the Preferred and Preferred Select. The only difference is one is guaranteed an upgrade, and the other does not - but both have the same perks, pickup/dropoff, no line, contract ready, paper in car, autopay with CC, bonus miles, etc.
</font>
A couple of years ago I took part in a pilot program for platinums to see if I thought adding a concierge service (provided by circles) would be useful. My clear opinion was that no, this would be of no use to me (probably eliminating me from future consideration for this "benefit!" ). Now I get concierge service with Amex platinum (provided by circles) and I use it all the time. What a difference a few years makes...

Anyway, I don't see your comparison to Avis Preferred vice Preferred Select. I earned Select through loyalty to Avis and now get enhanced benefits. This sounds like moving up the ranks of Marriott Rewards elite levels. But if all "platnum premier" adds is a concierge desk then I don't see that as being a big deal at all. Did you get one of the cards? If so, can you scan and/or post the actual verbage that came with it?

------------------
CO plat, UA prem; Marriott plat, Hyatt plat, Hilton gold, Starwood gold, Fairmont gold; Avis select, Hertz 5-star, all the others base level...
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DJ_Iceman:
But if all "platnum premier" adds is a concierge desk then I don't see that as being a big deal at all.
</font>
Agreed. I can't remember ever calling Marriott or MR directly - I use my company travel service for everything. And I don't know what I would use them for.

Now, if the Avis analogy is appropriate - one is guaranteed an upgrade, and the other does not" - that would be huge.

[This message has been edited by CPRich (edited Jan 10, 2004).]
Old Jan 10, 2004, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CPRich:
[Now, if the Avis analogy is appropriate - one is guaranteed an upgrade, and the other does not" - that would be huge][/B]</font>
Marriott platinum gets you denied an upgrade to a suite. Marriott Platinum Premier gets you denied an upgrade to a deluxe suite.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohmark:
Marriott platinum gets you denied an upgrade to a suite. Marriott Platinum Premier gets you denied an upgrade to a deluxe suite.</font>
Although the Marriott-bashing tends to get old, I have to admit this line had me grinning...

------------------
CO plat, UA prem; Marriott plat, Hyatt plat, Hilton gold, Starwood gold, Fairmont gold; Avis select, Hertz 5-star, all the others base level...
Old Jan 10, 2004, 4:21 pm

Marriott Premier

Spend $20,000 a year at Marriott and be guaranteed all the benmefits of Starwood Platinum except the upgrades
Old Jan 11, 2004, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohmark:
Marriott platinum gets you denied an upgrade to a suite. Marriott Platinum Premier gets you denied an upgrade to a deluxe suite.</font>
ROFL - one of the best ones I've heard in a while.

Sadly, true

Old Jan 11, 2004, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum (Former EXP, CK) 6MM, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
LOL.....Now that's funny! you even got the "Iceman" to chime in on the side of "Truth, Honesty and the American Way"!!

Cheers!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 9:11 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
I was told by a assistant to Mr. Marriott last week the PP is only for those that have stayed for at least 125 nights, for three straight years. She had returned my call and message that I had left for Mr. Marriott.

She thanked me for my 300 stays in three years, but said I was not qualified for PP.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 6:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Just got off of the phone w/the Platinum Premier rewards desk. I was told that it has to be 125 nights a year. They said that it started in October w/11 Platinum members. He said that there are also other ways to qualify but he wasn't sure what they were. Went to check w/team leader who also didn't know. They were contacting Marriott Rewards and still don't have all of the details. You need to be a member of rewards for years and you are chosen by corporate, it is NOT automatic. NICE
Old Jan 21, 2004, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No new info, but in writing from the Rewards support line:

Concerning the Platinum Premier Status, this is a brand new benefit that is awarded by our Corporate offices to members who have stayed over 125 nights per calendar year, and that have been Platinum members for several years. This is a new benefit, and may actually be modified or enhanced in the future. If you are selected to be part of this in the future you will be notified.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 8:48 pm

Location: Narberth, PA USA--US Airways Chairman's Preferred- Platinum Level Marriott, Hyatt Diamond
Just received my new Platinum Premier card and materials today. Based on what I read, there does not seem to be many, or any, differences between this new higher level, and the Platinum level. The main, or only, differences that I noted was that I received a new card, and there is a "special" 800 line. This line is answered by designated staff, who will personally assist in hotel reservations, etc. Again, I do not see any differences from platinum. I do, however, like the new card. Much more fun and colorful that the standard platinum card!
Old Feb 8, 2004, 1:50 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Congrat, frielca. Could you please share your staying pattern (how many nights per year? Full Marriott properties? How many years are you already a Platinum member?). Thanks.

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.