Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLT, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Small correction re: PLT Premier Population. Apparently it is approximately 3% of PLT population; not total Marriott Rewards population .

Can anyone offer an estimate in #'s on this - just curious.
Approximately 3,000. Of course this number will fluctuate as PLT members achieve and some are not able to maintain their qualifications for this level.

Corporate reviews the history of stays of the PLT memebers and you qualify based on the number of nights - 125 nights per year for at least 3 years in a row and total revenue of stays, i.e. full service Marriotts and Renaissance vs. Fairfields. I am a premier and in my case in the past 3 years I have 98, 142, and 130 nights with about 75% being at Renaissance and full service Marriott.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plt Prem, CO Plt, AA Gold
Thumbs up My Experience

My experience in being a Plt Premier (PPR) in 2004 (I guess I was one of the guinea pigs) has been that I receive many more upgrades to suites - probably 50 to 60% of the time. For example, I've had a suite at the Camelback Inn with its own private pool and I'm currently in the Presidential Suite at the Ren in St Louis.

The Res Line staff have always been good to me. At times I've changed the length of stay on a res and the original rate is no longer valid and they've offered to call the hotel and ask if they'll honor the rate which they always do. I've occasionally had to cancel reservations after the deadline and the Res line staff get it cancelled for me without charge. Award certificates are always redeposited without fee.

In advance of each stay, the local hotel gets a fax or email alerting them that a PPR is coming (I've seen a copy) and asking the hotel to do their best to make my stay a good one. Each property does their own little thing to make that happen from the Night Manager coming to greet me upon arrival to a fruit and cheese platter in the room to a personal note from the Manager in the room, etc.

In all, its been a hassle free year and Marriott will get another 200+ nights of my business in 2005. Oh yeah, the card is much nicer - a color shot of the pool at the JW Cancun on the front of the card.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Well so far I’m impressed. I’m 100% on suite upgrades at full service Marriott properties, including a day room today. I called the premier desk and asked if any of the hotels around the airport I was flying into for the day had a day room available for a meeting with a couple of my reps. An extremely helpful young lady didn’t know but volunteered to call all the properties around the airport and came back with quotes from all of them.

The room I received was a huge corner suite, however as it turned out I didn’t use the room at all. We met in the Concierge lounge instead and then lunch in the restaurant. When I “checked out” I told them that we didn’t even go in the room, so there was no need to service it, they offered to remove the room charge from my bill, stating it was because I was a premier. I actually declined the offer as I felt like it was going above and beyond

Tonight I’m at a “resort” and I’m in an absolutely beautiful suite. I’m sure the streak will not last, but so far I really am impressed not only with the upgrades, but with the premier desk and the effort the front desk staff at every property has made to recognize the status
Old Feb 8, 2005, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by BOSLGA
I had very few nights the last 2 years (this past yr was about 15 nights) and they are still keeping me at Platiunum level. Anyone have a clue? Years past I had many, many nights at the Righa Royal in NYC - maybe this was it, or I wonder if its because I was checked in the WTC Marriott on 9/11. Regardless, they like me, they really, really like me.

Doesn't status run Feb 28 to Feb 28, so anyone dropping down won't know for another 3 weeks? Have you confirmed that you are PLT through the next year? I can see extending it one year, but tow would be surprising.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 8:37 am

Marriott Platinum Premier?

Anyone have details on this undocumented level of the elite program? I was notified this last week that I made it by the hotel and just curious if I can expect any other perks outside of the typical platinum program.

Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Lifetime Diamond; BW Lifetime Diamond; IHG Platinum
Good Question.....

I have this status also. What does it mean / entail?

Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2005, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I received my Platinum Premier kit today.

There was a new card with a form letter that did not go into much detail. There is a special phone number which connects you to the best of the best of customer service.

There was a handfull of elite coupons which expire at the end of April.

There is one coupon which may be an outstanding value. I am going to post a question about it later.

Welcome to the club.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:24 am

To date, I have stayed at many Marriott and have yet to recieve an upgrade to a real suite without already knowing the staff at the hotel. The hotels that I usually stay at know me by now and usually hold my fav room for me when they know that I am coming.

The Marriotts which I have never stayed before have not upgraded me and twice now I have had to asked to be placed on the exec level.

Dan
Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:51 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

cloud8eleet,

Platinum Premier level consists of the top 3% of Platinum members. This level entitles you to all the benefits of Platinum status as well as an exclusive customer service line for reservations and Marriott Rewards related assistance.

Congratulations on your achievement!

Chris
Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
PP's can you post

your numbers for last year and the types of hotels (full serv, SHS, RI etc) if you recall you stayed at.. just curious as to what it takes to get there

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
cloud8eleet,

Platinum Premier level consists of the top 3% of Platinum members. This level entitles you to all the benefits of Platinum status as well as an exclusive customer service line for reservations and Marriott Rewards related assistance.

Chris
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, MR Gold (Lifetime), SPG Plat
TrojanHorse,

It's been described here in many threads regarding the Platinum Premier Level.

Platinum Premier Level

This is the most comprehensive thread on this subject. See post #67 (page 5) from the Marriott Concierge for his explanation of the new "Level"

Congrats. I was one of the many original Plat Prem members and although some may say they've not seen a difference, this Plat Prem has.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
thanks for the link and the exact post, now that was most helpful ^

Originally Posted by tpasol
TrojanHorse,

It's been described here in many threads regarding the Platinum Premier Level.

Platinum Premier Level

This is the most comprehensive thread on this subject. See post #67 (page 5) from the Marriott Concierge for his explanation of the new "Level"

Congrats. I was one of the many original Plat Prem members and although some may say they've not seen a difference, this Plat Prem has.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, MR Gold (Lifetime), SPG Plat
You're welcome.

Now if I could only get MY card

My old card has already expired and when I called to confirm a reservation for this weekend, MR indicated my card was in the mail.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
cloud8eleet,

Chris
Chris -
Out of curiosity, top 3% as measured by what? Revenue? And how often is the measurement performed? Can you only be promoted at the beginning of the year based on last year's statistics or are promotions to this level made quarterly? continuously?

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2005, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
In my experience, the collegues that I know that have Plat Prem. status usually get upgraded to suites when available. Lucky you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.