Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 2:24 am

I Received Mine Too!

I received my book and new Platinum Premier card for the second year too. Nice touch!!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 4:37 am

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Wow - I am truly touched. Just received my Welcome Package for Platinum Premier - Year 2.

Very nice letter from Bill Jr., EEO certs., along with a beautiful hardcover book of New Yorker travel cartoons.

Did anyone else get this book?

What a very thoughtful gift.
Yep - got mine last week too. Came home from work and found a nice little USPS package sitting on the front porch.

A nice improvement from the previous annual gifts for being Platinum (i.e. the red leather luggage tags). I don't recall receiving anything last year for obtaining Premier status.

And - I've checked too - there are no UA certificates inside -- was that a typo from a previous poster?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat, United 1K
Just out of curiousity, those who made Premier status, how many nights did you stay last year?

From other postings, I'm under the impression that you have to have 140+ nights a year for three years straight. Is this still the going standard?

I am platinum at both Marriott and Starwood. I stay around 150 nights at Marriott and 50 nights at Starwood to make platinum under both programs.

Is this still the right strategy or will I have a better shot if I give Marriott the entire 200 nights a year business?
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by tk77
Just out of curiousity, those who made Premier status, how many nights did you stay last year?

?
I have been uprated to Platinum Premier for the first time.

I have 10 continuous years of being Platinum, all at full service hotels at a current average nightly spend excluding taxes of around £140($250). Last year I had 128 paid nights and 23 reward nights. I guess it is a combination of consistent loyalty over a long time and also staying in full service hotels at high UK rates.

From what I have read on this forum the decision may be weighted more to high revenue and loyalty rather than nights per se.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:41 pm

I was told it is the top 10% of all Platinums. Last year the number was right at 130. I got to 118 and was told no go. No cartoons.....shucks
Old Feb 26, 2006, 7:10 am

I just recieved my book and welcome package today(well it came earlier I just got home today).

Really a very a nice gift from Marriott.

Dan
Old Apr 22, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
New Platinum Elite - Anything Higher?

Just made Platinum for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I know I'll have at least 30 more nights at Marriotts. I'm just wondering - is there anything beyond Platinum? Or should I consider earning status at a second chain?
Old Apr 22, 2006, 3:29 pm

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Their is a Platinum Premier.
Old Apr 22, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
search on Platinum Premiere.

I think you need 125+ nights at full service properties for a few years in a row for this level.

I somehow manage to keep platinum premiere and my Hilton Diamond each year.
Old May 10, 2006, 6:08 am

Platinum Premier vs Platinum Elite - What's the difference ?

I have been a "Platinum Premier" member for a couple years and a "Platinum Elite" member for many many years. I do not see any difference between the two membership levels except for one thing, I get a different phone number to call into as a "Premier" member.

Does anyone know what a "Premier" member is first of all? Marriott tells me its the top 3% of their membership. And second, what extra bebefits does a "Premier" get over an "Elite" member? I have not seen one thing different at all except for the call in number.

So what is the use of having such a status and a program for it?

Last edited by ehanley; May 10, 2006 at 6:11 am Reason: spelling correction
Old May 10, 2006, 6:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Welcome to Flyertalk!!!! This is the place to find out more information about hotel and airline loyalty programs.

A search for Platinum Premiere on the Marriott Rewards thread turns up this thread:

www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139586

Some Platinum Premiere members have reported higher success rates at getting suite upgrades compared with when they only had platinum status. Success in securing extra upgrades probably depends on the properties stayed since some properties make it a higher priority to go the extra step for Platinum Premiere members.
Old May 10, 2006, 6:43 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Sorry to answer your question with a question but here goes. Have you noticed that when you get upgraded, you quite often get suites? Do you get breakfast coupons at properties you normally would not, like CY or Resort properties? My GUESS is that may be couple of the benefits, and even more attentive service at Marriott Properties. Other than that you hit the nail on the head, there is not much difference other than the phone number TTBOMK. I am but a lowly Platinum Elite so I wouldn't know the difference, although with 84 nights so far this year at mainly FS Marriott properties, and some pricy ones at that, I may well be PP next year.

The point of the program is that some people are driven by status, and being top dog is an ego builder. If it stopped at Plat, then those folks may well go use another program the rest of the year to be top dog there too. Some people do that. I stay with Marriott because of the ability to earn 18 points/$ spent at Marriott Properties. I do stay at SPG properties occasionally, but they comp me Gold status without even asking all the time, so why should I stay there. Also their 50% discount for up to 5 nights for 1000 SPG points means I don't need to earn that many points to get what I want at their properties.

Now, it would be nice if PP got 50% bonus points, suite upgrades when available (they might already get this), free breakfast coupons no matter where one stayed, and/or free internet access. Just some suggestions that make sense to me.
Old May 10, 2006, 8:34 am
Suspended

aaupgrade, Ill assume you got 18 pts per $1 as follows, 10 reg amount + 3 Plat bonus + 5 for charging the stay on the NEW MR CC 10+3+5=18. MR should really Up the 30% bonus (3 pts) to 5 pts as HH does by giving a 50% bonus to Diamonds. Even SPG gives Golds & Plats a 3rd pt so is a 50% Bonus.
Old May 10, 2006, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
The published benefits are the same for Preimier versus regular Platinum elites. However, a Premier will bubble up in priority when there are limited resources to dole out, such as upgrades. I'm sure that there are some unpublished benefits as well.
Old May 10, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Newly Plat Prem this year and after 75 nights YTD, I can clearly say I have not identified one extra benefit I've gotten at a property.

I must confess, that probably 90% of those nights are at the same property. Two points about the property.

1. I trained the staff for several months before I was elevated.
2. The property is not owned by Marriott and the owner seems pretty cheap.

Also I've written one letter to Marriot corp about an issue I had, didn't even get a response, this was after the Plat Prem line told me they couldn't resolve the issue and I should write corporate.

I also sent in an e-mail question on the whole new 'preferences' (i.e. extra towels, pillows etc) to determine if these items were supposed to be a random occurance or not. Zero response.

So my view is, Plat Prem big deal, so much so that, I've debated going for top tier in Hilton or Starwood. I've seen no incentive to go 150+ nights at MR to try and stay at this level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.