Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2006, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by ExCrew
Jeez...what's to keep me from jumping ship to something else after I hit Plat for the year?
Simply the fact that all the other chains suck in comparison (that's a gross oversimplification, but I think you know what I mean)...
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Is it worth splitting loyalty?

I have put in 100+ nights for three years in a row at Marrott. No invitation to Plat Premier!

I have been considering getting my Hilton Diamond too. Is that a good move, or should I stick it out with Marriott?

neutrino
Old Sep 4, 2006, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA(EXP), BA, Hilton, Starwood
One year I stayed 200 nights in a full service Marriott (contract, back in the dotcom days!) and the next stayed 175+.

I ended up in New Orleans during Jazz Festival during that second year and missed my plane home. I went to the Marriott and asked for a room and was told they'd sold out months ago. I asked them to look at my status and I had a room in five minutes.

Other than that once I never noticed anything else different.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Here is why I stay with Marriott.

1. Property availability - pretty rare for one of the Marriott brands to not be in a town.

2. Overall consistency - I know what I'm getting at a CY, RI or FS MY

3. C-level - plenty of the Sheratons and Hiltons I've looked at don't seem to offer this.

Oh and one other thing, when the mess up my res at checkin, I usually wind up with the best suite in the hotel.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by neutrino
I have put in 100+ nights for three years in a row at Marrott. No invitation to Plat Premier!

I have been considering getting my Hilton Diamond too. Is that a good move, or should I stick it out with Marriott?

neutrino

From what I understand, it takes a lot more than 3 years to become a PP....
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:16 am

Marriott Platinum Premier Elite Status

i was talking to a manager at the marriott i am staying at and she mentioned something about a platinum premier level above the standard platinum level... does anyone know how you obtain this level (requirements)?
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:54 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Howdy, mielej, glad to have you onboard with FT. I think that if you perform a search of the Marriott forum for "platinium premier" you will find a wealth of information about this unpublished elite level.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 11:55 am

Asked and answered numerous times. You can find those questions (and answers) by using the search function.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
mielej, welcome to FT! Here is a link to the information you are looking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407302

Many are quick to jump on the "Do a Search" bandwagon, and for good reason as questions like this have been asked and answered numerous times. Many others, like me, will just not reply to questions that have been asked and answered many times. However in your case since this is your first post, and I assume since you were unaware of the search function is also your first visit to FT, I made an exception. As someone new to FT it is probably best to read posts a bit before venturing into posting yourself as this will afford you some insight as to the way things work. Probably most of the questions that come to mind as someone new to FT will have been asked and answered dozens of times. So doing a search is by far the quickest way to find your answers.

Search function may be accessed from the long dark blue bar at the top of the page - it is the 5th one from the left.

You may also wish to check out the FAQ, link to which may also be found on the long dark blue bar at the top of the page. This provides a good orientation to FT.

Good luck and welcome to FT!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 4:49 pm

Programs: MARR Plat, RCC, UA1K MM Nat EX Elite HH DIA 2 Bks B/Chip Stamps
Mielej,

Welcome to FT. There is much information to be learned from the collective minds of so many travelrers. Welcome aboard!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by sparker
I will "second" and "third" this comment. I've had 150+ nights at Marriotts for three straight years, and I haven't been invited yet....

Steve
I made it last year. Got me nothing.

I stayed at the JW in San Francisco last week and got the room that I payed for. No upgrade.

I'm at the Renaissance in Tokyo right now - in the room that I payed for. No upgrade to the premium rooms.

Platinum is definitely worth getting. I needed a room many, many times with a day notice. Platinum Premier has no benefits that I can tell - which is probably why it isn't advertised.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:03 pm

Programs: MARR Plat, RCC, UA1K MM Nat EX Elite HH DIA 2 Bks B/Chip Stamps
Originally Posted by neutrino

neutrino
Well as a Mar Platiunm I can assure you that we are foolsih to provide our compelte loyalty there. Certainly beyond 100-110 nights. I have a 100 this yr but have also qualified for Hilton Diamond as a backup.

Checked in today at Marr in Amsterdam for 5 night stay (albeit their is a conference going on IBC) but was told at the front desk that there was no upgrade avilable. I asked if oyu are nto giving the rooms to Platiunums then who is getting them ahead of me. She said Diamond's. I almost laughed out aloud. I'm a Diamond with Hitlon but didn;t want to go there. Either she is recently emplyed by Hilton, or sadly misinformed or Europe beats to a different Marriott drum. Anyone know of where this comes. Arrived a the hotel at 8am and was sent to the executive lounge (nice offer) to await room avilability and to get a bite to eat). Sat there for 2 1/2 hours only to see several others come in after me and then have bellman enter and call their rooms for availability. Finally called front desk and said what gives since i was obviously ahead of the m on my arrival. He said oh who cehcked you in we now have a room for you. I then went ot he room and preceed to take a quick nap for jetlag only to be awakened by severe drilling and hammering noises next door. Caaled to tfornt desk and found out they are replacing plumbing next door. No notice. Went on for 25 more minuteds and got apoloy and some fruit and bottle of wine (at least an ice touch) but pretty unpleased with Marrioot's treatment of Platinum at this point. Hilton Diamond seems a bit more responsive when I call Desk. Not sure what to say if anything toi Marr Platinum desk on this stay. So you can see why Marriott does not get my nights beyond 100.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Actually, given those experiences, I wonder why you even give Marriott 100 nights?!

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it: when I was a Hilton diamond I got treated no better than as a Hilton blue, which is to say not very well. When I was a Marriott nobody I got treated consistently well, and that treatment has only improved as I went up the ladder. YMMV, but I see no reason to give business to any other chain as long as Marriott gives me a consistently excellent product.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:26 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TierFlyer
One year I stayed 200 nights in a full service Marriott (contract, back in the dotcom days!) and the next stayed 175+.
I had a very similar experience (two years residential at a Renaissance)--and never received any "status" beyond Platinum. The best thing that ever happened to me as a Marriott Platinum? Being upgraded to the Presidential Suite at the JW Marriott in Rio de Janeiro, with spectacular views of Copacabana beach. I guess that "compensated" for lack of enhanced status....
Old Sep 8, 2006, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by LASflyer
Well as a Mar Platiunm I can assure you that we are foolsih to provide our compelte loyalty there. Certainly beyond 100-110 nights. I have a 100 this yr but have also qualified for Hilton Diamond as a backup.
I couldn't agree more. At least for example UA & AA have thrown out a carrot for miles beyond the 100k you need for top tier with things like extra SWUs. That at least might make one pause for a moment before bolting once you hit 100k (though, it's still a pretty easy decision IMO). But for Marriott? Absolutely nothing additional vs. top tier status at SW or HH. The flexibility of being able to choose better properties or awards in and of itself is immeasurably valuable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.