Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2005, 3:14 pm

Programs: USAirways Gold, Marriott Platnium, Starwood Gold
Thumbs down Not I

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Today when I made a resrevation on-line via Marriott.com, my status had changed to Platinum Premire (I guess the 190 nights in '04 finally got smeone's attention).
Congratulations. Still really don't understand what Premier get you, please let us know...

I just checked and I'm still just a "lowly" Platinum, even though I had 175 nights last year and 125 nights each of the two previous years...

I'm already working on getting status matches to SPG and HH now so I will be distributing my stays equally between all three from now on.

Sorry Marriott, you have not given me a compelling reason to the majority of my nights a year in your hotels...
Old Jan 19, 2005, 4:34 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Small correction re: PLT Premier Population. Apparently it is approximately 3% of PLT population; not total Marriott Rewards population .

Can anyone offer an estimate in #'s on this - just curious.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 7:20 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Well, if today's phone call to PLT Premier line is any indication, you're not missing much:

Me: Yes, could you please request a room on the 18th floor with airport runway view? Thanks.

Agent: Its in here already - "request room on a high floor".

At the risk of being overly critical, I would have expected a more helpful (not to mention accurate) response.

Signed,

Not overly impressed so far....
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:15 pm

Programs: UAL -general - Marriott -Gold
Marriott does have a Platinum Premier level. I don't know what upgrades you get but I have seen it while booking reservations.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton DVIP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Go figure

I had very few nights the last 2 years (this past yr was about 15 nights) and they are still keeping me at Platiunum level. Anyone have a clue? Years past I had many, many nights at the Righa Royal in NYC - maybe this was it, or I wonder if its because I was checked in the WTC Marriott on 9/11. Regardless, they like me, they really, really like me.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 8:40 pm

Programs: UAL MM, MR Life Plat, HH Silver, Hertz Prez , and many entry level
Originally Posted by BOSLGA
I had very few nights the last 2 years (this past yr was about 15 nights) and they are still keeping me at Platiunum level. Anyone have a clue? Years past I had many, many nights at the Righa Royal in NYC - maybe this was it, or I wonder if its because I was checked in the WTC Marriott on 9/11. Regardless, they like me, they really, really like me.
Glad to hear from a fellow "Ex-Vista" member... Glad to hear things turned out OK.

Steve
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:18 pm

Bumping this up - spoke to a Front Desk Manager at a full service Marriott who stated that it is her understanding that PLT Premiers should be given suites whenever possible. has anyone else heard this?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just checked in and..................

I just checked in at MAR at Metro Center in DC.

My room key is in a printed key keeper thingy with my name and Platinum Premier on the front. Nice.

I'm on the top floor in a comfortable room, not a suite, but then again my rooms are all at GOV rates.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I had 168 nights at Marriott Properties, mostly mid level properties, in 2004. I have been Platinum for 2 years now. I am certain I will make Platinum again for 2006. As a UAL UGS member in 2003 and again for 2005, I can tell you this type of level is great when an issue arrises that the standard elite CS cannot/will not correct. UGS is a great program for the attention to detail and, most certainly, the service provided with the one phone number access. While I have to agree with SkiAdcock in an earlier post in that nobody should want this level as it does mean too much time away from family. However, if I must travel and have to stay in a hotel, I would much rather do so as the highest level attainable. I have found that this benefit does make a better day when my travel world is going real to the handbasket real quick.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:18 pm

What comes in the Platinum Premiere welcome kit?

I have been upgraded so whats in the membership kit?

A super secret phone number, a new membership card, divorce papers from your spouse?

I'm lucky to pick up my mail once or twice a month.

Last edited by rebadc; Jan 26, 2005 at 7:20 pm
Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:44 pm

Congratulations on PLT Premier. I was also recently "chosen", and have been wondering this as well.

My guess is - a new phone # and membership card.
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Million Miler, Hertz President's Circle
Cool Platinum Premier

You're right, the welcome kit (as I recall from last year) is the same as the normal Platinum kit. New card and new phone number and that's it.

There are a few cool benefits though:

As a Plat Premier, I have gotten suite upgrades about 60% of the time in cluding some realy cool suites with balconies, second bedrooms, pianos, etc. I have had especially good luck upgrading at Renaissance hotels.

My wife says that the hotel staff responds to my requests with an extra 'snap'. At almost all hotels, the staff tries very hard to learn my name. In a couple instances, I have had a front desk staff person walk me to the elevator and take me to my room and open the door.

Welcome to the club
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Million Miler, Hertz President's Circle
Suite upgrades

Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Bumping this up - spoke to a Front Desk Manager at a full service Marriott who stated that it is her understanding that PLT Premiers should be given suites whenever possible. has anyone else heard this?
I have not heard this but I get a suite about 60% of the time. Best luck at Rennaissance.

In four years of 'normal' platinum, I saw a suite exactly once.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by javaman
You're right, the welcome kit (as I recall from last year) is the same as the normal Platinum kit. New card and new phone number and that's it.

There are a few cool benefits though:

As a Plat Premier, I have gotten suite upgrades about 60% of the time in cluding some realy cool suites with balconies, second bedrooms, pianos, etc. I have had especially good luck upgrading at Renaissance hotels.

My wife says that the hotel staff responds to my requests with an extra 'snap'. At almost all hotels, the staff tries very hard to learn my name. In a couple instances, I have had a front desk staff person walk me to the elevator and take me to my room and open the door.

Welcome to the club
Thanks for the info. One would think that Bill Jr. (or at least an Admin. on his behalf) would sign some type of letter that goes out with these kits. Front Desk Mgr. at a Marriott told me just the other day that one is "chosen" by a Board of prople at Corporate to get to this level, and (has been discussed before) numerous factors, including $$$'s one has spent are part of criteria.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 3:42 pm

What gets you in.

Well,

I have been Platinum for the last 5 years and earned my status through the Mariott Marquee program.

The last 2 years have been MAR and REN stays at GOV rates, mostly $153.00 in DC.

Last year I hit 133 nights with Marriot, and 75 nights with Hilton.

I dont think I that special but Maxmiles had me in the top 3% of travelers.

I look forward to taking this for a spin.

I hope the person on the end of the phone can help with award capacity control issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.