Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2006, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Agree -- great hotel. Take a map and hotel card in Thai with you so cab drivers can find the place. Since it is over the river and not in the CBD, some drivers may be challenged (or pretend they are) trying to find the place.

Alex Fashions (Tailor) in the shopping center in front of the hotel are also really good people.

Have fun.
Old May 15, 2006, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Great hotel. Very modern. Plenty of on site dining options. Wonderful pool.

My wife and I stayed there through Priceline for $46/night in 2003. If the Marriott is still available through Priceline, it is hard to pass on those prices.
Old May 15, 2006, 9:03 pm

Programs: US Gold, Avis CHM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver
I Highly Recommend this Resort

My wife and I spent 3 days at the Bangkok Marriott Resort & Spa in February and I have to say it was one of the best. The grounds are beautiful. It's an amazing escape from the noise and crowds of Bangkok, yet only a short boat ride across the river to the central business district.

Service was top notch. It was one of the few Marriott properties where they actually made me feel special being Platinum. Check-in was done while sitting down having a few free drinks in the concierge lounge.

We got the Junior Suite upgrade which was a very nice room, though not quite a real suite. The bathroom was large, beautiful and spotless with both a tub and shower.

As a Plat, I we were given pack of coupons for free drinks and other stuff including breakfast at either the lounge or at the Rice Mill inside or outside by the river. We tried all three and all were great.

The water taxi takes you right to the BTS Skytrain which is the a great way to get around the city.

I would have liked to stay longer than 3 days, but we had plans to go up-country. I will definitely go back to this one.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
This is my fifth trip to Bangkok in the past three years and I am staying at the JW for the first time. Other than location I think the Riverside Marriott is far superior in every respect (i.e. executive lounge, restaurant, pool area, friendliness). As a platinum I have been upgraded to a suite every time at the Riverside Marriott but received a standard room at the JW. It is important to note that the hotel is undergoing room rennovation and there is substantial noise coming from the 12th floor. I was given a room on the 11th floor and the work noise was irrritating. I was moved to the 16th floor but with little improvement. I plan to check out early and transfer to the the Riverside property and enjoy a more peaceful stay. BTW, I think the executive lounge staff at the resort are without question the most attentive and kindest in my 25 years experience with Marriott.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:11 am
Community Director Emerita

I, too, prefer the Marriott Riverside to the JW Marriott. However, one big benefit the JW has is that you can cancel within the day of your stay, whereas the Marriott Riverside has a 3 week cancelation policy.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
I had become friendly with the GM at the JW BKK and had gotten upgrades on my last two stays (even as a Silver). Unfortunately, his e-mail no longer works.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:10 pm

Programs: NH*G, Marriott Platinum
BKK - The Mayfair Marriott Executive Apartments

Hi there,

Does anyone know this hotel / serviced apartment complex and can recommend it for a first timer to BKK staying Fri - Sun night end of August?
Did some research in the web, but couldn’t find any reviews.

Facility looks really great, but is it located centrally, resp. is there a good access to/from airport and also to public transport / river ?
(Adress is: 60 Soi Langsuan, Lumpini, Pathumwan)

We are much more interested in sightseeing than shopping and wanted to do some city tours and also a ride on the river…

As we need 2 rooms anyway, one 2-bedroom apartment there would even come cheaper than 2 separate hotel rooms in same category elsewhere.

So, can you recommend it or is there any snag in it?

Thanks a lot
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location seems fine. Short walk up to Chit Lom BTS. It looks like you could even cut over to Ratchadamri BTS by Soi ?????? Luang 3.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:19 am

chris27, I'm going to move your request for information to the Marriott forum, where I've found a thread about this property. I'm going to merge this thread with that thread, so that you will see that information.

And if anyone has recent information about this property, please post.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old Jan 16, 2007, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Bangkok Marriott: any way to drop price?

Am trying to get a room at the Marriot Bangkok in May (22-29).......very expensive.
Anyone know of a travel agent or website that has lower price than $170.00 per night? That's the only hotel we are interested in.
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, in advance.^
Old Jan 16, 2007, 11:55 pm

I'm going to move this into the Marriott forum, as I think that you'll get better advice on Marriott hotel prices there. I'm also leaving a redirect in the Thailand forum for a month, so that if anyone sees the thread title, they can follow the thread to Marriott.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old Jan 17, 2007, 2:35 am

Have a look at the discount codes thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455716
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:20 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Entering your dates into Marriott.com and using no codes at all brings up a room-only rate of $150 and a Stay For Breakfast rate of $165.

I have found that Ebookers have the entire stay including breakfast for a total of GBP £572.75, which according to Marriott's currency converter is equivalent to USD $1125.25. As Marriott's own Stay For Breakfast rate comes out at a total of USD $1368.33, book it on Marriott.com, submit a claim under the 'Look No Further' guarantee and get 25% off the lower rate.

I have used Ebookers as a comparison for 'Look No Further' recently and had about 10 claims honoured.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can book at
http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/ba...t_and_spa.html
Rate is usually around $120 incl breakfast.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:04 am

Programs: UA, US, IB. Low man on the totem pole again.
Just stayed there for about 95.00 per night using the XXX corp code. (IBM). The rate will be shown in Baht now not dollars though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.