Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:02 pm

What's the distance between the Marriott Resort in BKK and the downtown area where the night market is?
Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Roughly 2-3 miles. I believe you can make the trip on SkyTrain. You could walk if the weather weren't so hot!

Bruce
Old Jul 29, 2005, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by lancashirelass
Is it worth asking/paying for an upgrade at JW Marriott then if all rooms are the same? - obviously one gets the lounge benefits, but normally the room is also larger, as at the Marriott Resort. I booked the JW via PL HK, so not sure what to expect. Btw, do you know the price to upgrade?

Shame no exec lounge at JW in Phuket
I have been at the JW all seven times I have been to BKK. I agree with the other ppl It is great. The last time I stayed there It was only around $23 for the exec. Lounge floor. Free Breakfast and nightly drinks and enough food you will not need to buy dinner. I have stayed there so much they upgrade me to a two room suite. ^ Yes go for the upgrade you will not be disspointed.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:38 am

JW Marriott Bangkok email

There's no email shown for this hotel on their website. Is there a list of Marriott emails anywhere?

I've got a 2 night award stay in 10 days time and my flight has now changed to a 7am arrival. I'd like to grovel for an early check-in although I don't know how likely that is.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:42 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
I actually have this one:

[email protected]

Note that this e-mail is for both BKK and HKT.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 2:27 am

JW Marriott Bangkok oddity

Just checked out and am en-route to HKG.

Really good hotel with excellent food and service (I managed to leave my PDA behind and they're being beyond the call of duty in getting it back to me quickly).

My first stay in BKK so I've no comaprisons but I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

But, one oddity; on the mini-bar price list besides the contents and a couple of things like bathrobes and umbrellas they have

Laundry bag 200 Baht.

Now, unless I missed anything, the laundry bags are the usual mid-market plastic bags. I always use these for my dirty laundry, to take home (unless in Asia where cleaning is good and cheap). I've never thought of these as a 'theft' item but I've classed them with shampoo etc as disposables.

The price seems extortionate as well, I did look for something nicer that might be the bag but nothing in sight.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I dimly recall that hotel having nice, cloth bags that were intended for in-house laundry service but not for taking home. They probably discontinued that at some point. I don't know how many people used the hotel's laundry service or how many realized that the bags were not theirs to take, free of charge.

Bruce
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:43 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
Their bags are cloth and are pressed, if I recall correctly.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Bangkok JW Marriott: Concierge floor

Question on Bangkok JW Marriott....
other than the free breakfast and happy hour o'deurv, is there any difference between regular rooms and the rooms at concierge floor?
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:49 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
The rooms themselves are exactly the same size. You get upgraded bathroom amenities and a tea service on the concierge level. The lounge also has free wireless, otherwise it costs B600 a day plus tax for wired access.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the evening "snacks" are easily sufficient for dinner. It's really quite a spread. Breakfast is also excellent.

Bruce
Old Oct 17, 2005, 6:01 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Indeed, this is a particularly nice CL, and a generally very fine property, IMHO.

And yes, the rooms were probably identical, but perfectly adequate still.

The only issue I've ever encountered in the lounge here is that they once ran out of cabernet and did not replace it for several days/nights. I got over it!

Mark
Old Jan 4, 2006, 6:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

How much does internet cost at the Bangkok Marriott? Is it wired or wireless?
Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I don't know about the Bangkok Marriott Resort, but the JW has wired in the rooms for about $15 a day or free wireless in the exec lounge, which is what I use.

I own at the timeshare in the JW Phuket (so obviously I love it) and the BKK JW Marriott is my favorite hotel in the entire chain. Period. Going there in March during UA's triple miles (88K miles for me!)

Billy
Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:16 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, Billy. We are going with some first time guests to Bangkok, so have chosen the river location for most of our stay. I've stayed at the JW before, and think its lounge spread is impressive - not so fond of the small room I was given (and I am platinum).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.