Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Ditto.

Bruce
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / AA Concierge Key
I stayed there a few times a year and do enjoy the remarkable service ...and the lounge. Having access to the Cafe for breakfast now makes it so much better. However, the rooms are still not very impressive...
Old May 1, 2005, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plt Prem, CO Plt, AA Gold
I thought it was just me !!!!!

I've stayed there several times over the last 2 years as a Plat Premier. I love the hotel, the service and the lounge but they are the worst at giving upgrades. Last stay I received an email from Guest Services before my stay, confirming some detail. I took the opportunity to ask for an upgrade, something I never do. I got a junior suite which really wasn't any bigger than a regular room and the view overlooked the parking garage. At least when I DON'T ask for an upgrade I get a riverfront view!
Old May 2, 2005, 8:23 am

I stayed at the BKK J.W. Marriott and recieved a huge suite last time I was there but, I am a PLT Premier and I had the PLT Premier request an upgrade for me. Before that, I had never recieved a suite at this hotel.

Dan
Old May 24, 2005, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Thought this thread as good as any to drop this news item into:

http://www.travelbiz.com.au/articles/ac/0c0301ac.asp

JW Marriott Bangkok extends wireless web access

Last edited by tcook052; May 24, 2005 at 8:45 pm
Old May 25, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Last time I was there (in Feb) the wireless in the conceriege lounge and floor 17 were free. There was a charge for wired access in the rooms. I'm not 100% sure if the resturants, etc. have free wireless or not, let you know in two weeks!

Also, in Feb, as a plat you could either eat in the lounge OR in the buffet downstairs which is GREAT!

Billy
Old May 26, 2005, 12:28 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
I stayed there for 6 nights in 2000 when the hotel was only 5 years old. I thought it was one of the nicest "business" hotels I've ever stayed at, even though I was on vacation. Having only Silver status, I didn't get the lounge/breakfast benefits, but my room was very nice on the 15th floor. A large room with an upgraded bathroom and a large picture window so I could get a great view of the Bangkok smog. A very nice pool area off the 6th floor, so it doesn't compete with the traffic noise on Sukhumvit (a very interesting street). A large exercise room and spa--it was free back then, don't know about now. Near a Skytrain station so you can get all around Bangkok. Service was excellent. I'd definitely consider going back there if I ever return to Bangkok, which I hope I do some day.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:51 am

I just got a birthday cake from the management of the JW Bangkok!

OK - I was having a pretty good day anyway. But at 6PM, the doorbell in my room rang, and there was a server with a tray. A small 6" carriot cake (my favorate, but how did they know) with a personal note signed by several of the staff!

I know I've stayed at marriotts before on my birthday, but this is the first time I've ever gotten a cake.

Just another reason why I love Marriott and this hotel in particular!

AMAZING.

Billy
Old Jun 13, 2005, 6:41 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
The same happened to me in Pan Pacific Singapore (Birthday cake) - meaning to my friend who travelled with me.. but the reservation used to be on my name! So, they must have recognised his birthday during check in!

Happy birthday and enjoy the JW .. it's a nice place (though I prefer the Westin Grande or the Sheraton Grande).
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:07 am

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Yet another reason why they call the country "Amazing Thailand, Land of Smiles!"
Old Jun 13, 2005, 7:24 pm

Programs: NW PE, Marriott GE, HHonors Gold, *wood Gold, Priority Club, Hertz 5*, Avis Wizard
That is great. Would make a nice policy at upscale Marriott properties. After all its a great low-cost way to endear customers. And since nobody else here said it... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Old Jun 14, 2005, 1:52 am

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by nnightmar
And since nobody else here said it... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I SAID IT!!! I DID I DID I DID!
Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:45 am

Programs: NW PE, Marriott GE, HHonors Gold, *wood Gold, Priority Club, Hertz 5*, Avis Wizard
Originally Posted by Chris26WI
I SAID IT!!! I DID I DID I DID!
Doh sorry my bad....
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, QF Club Lifetime, Air NZ, Marriott, Starwood, IHG
Update.....broadband at the JW Marriott BKK is now 642 baht for 24 hours.

I am currently on the 19th floor, and can access the free wireless signal from the Landmark....

Last edited by creeno; Jun 21, 2005 at 7:42 pm
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:18 pm

It's still free in the lounge (16th floor) and 17th floor. You might be able to pick up the signal from below. I was able to get the landmark signal (barely) from my room on the 21st floor.

So, if you're plat or staying on the concereige floors, use your wireless for free there.

Billy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.