Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by kunk00
I agree with you zurich marriott is a nice hotel but it does not meet the expectation of category 8. Thanks!
The only expectation about category 8 hotel is that it costs 40k points. Zurich Marriott certainly fulfills that.

Would you expect Fairfield Inn in New York costing $400 per night to be twice as luxurious as Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur which goes for $200 per night?…
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:27 am

How much do you value Megabonus free night cert and Renaissance Zurich Lounge

Hi, everyone, sorry for taking up a space here but I need the advice from the seniors here.

Which one you would choose from the options below?

Option 1 :
Saturday : Renaissance Zurich
Sunday : Renaissance Zurich
Monday : Renaissance Zurich ( 369CHF, 3for2 promotion )
Tuesday : Couryard Basel ( 117CHF )

Total : 486 CHF spent
Notes : 4days breakfast included
Evening cocktail (probably as our dinner in Zurich) on Sunday night and Monday night included.
1 Megabonus free night cert earned.

Option 2 :
Saturday : Courtyard Zurich North
Sunday : Courtyard Zurich North (206 CHF)
Monday : Courtyard Basel (117 CHF)
Tuesday : Courtyard Basel (Use free Megabonus night)

Total : 323 CHF and 1 free night cert spent
Notes : 3days breakfast included
No evening cocktail (= dinner on our own in Zurich!!!)
1 Megabonus free night cert earned

If you were me, which one would you choose? Does the evening cocktail really nice? Would you use the Megabonus free night cert at Courtyard Basel? If I won't use my free night cert at Courtyard Basel, I would probably use it at Renaissance Bangkok, JW Marriott Beijing or JW Marriott KL.

Thanks a lot in advance=)
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Cocktail offers at Renaissance (Glattbrugg I would guess, not Tower?) are not that great. I would hardly make dinner out of their appetizers. Location is not great either.
I would try to get the Marriott via Priceline NYOP (5*, bid $100 -110) instead where you get all the food for a nice dinner.
Renaissance Bangkok is much nicer than Courtyard Basel; I would probably not use a cert for 117 CHF worth.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 4:55 am

Hi, thanks a lot for your advice. However, it won't be counted as a stay if I book through priceline, I would like to generate 2stays to complete the Megabonus free night cert promo.

Hopefully, some more advice would come in, thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Dolphin

Originally Posted by Exdon
Cocktail offers at Renaissance (Glattbrugg I would guess, not Tower?) are not that great. I would hardly make dinner out of their appetizers. Location is not great either.
I would try to get the Marriott via Priceline NYOP (5*, bid $100 -110) instead where you get all the food for a nice dinner.
Renaissance Bangkok is much nicer than Courtyard Basel; I would probably not use a cert for 117 CHF worth.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Does your rate at the CY actually include breakfast? If not, you won't get it so that should factor into your decision as well.

I'd probably save the cert for the Asian properties rather than use it in Basel.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 8:37 am

Yes, the LNF rate at CY Basel does include breakfast, but of course breakfast is not included if I use the free night cert.

SkiAdcock, which option would you choose? Would you choose to pay more to stay at Renaissance Zurich instead of Courtyard Zurich North?

Regards,
Dolphinyong

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Does your rate at the CY actually include breakfast? If not, you won't get it so that should factor into your decision as well.

I'd probably save the cert for the Asian properties rather than use it in Basel.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
CY Basel is pretty far from Basel city centre. It's our fav. CY because the GM there gives us an upgrade to 2 connecting rooms instead of a higher category room (we are 2 adults and 3 kids) - it doesn't happen like this everywhere. The location is in an industrial part of Basel which means that you have to buy a transport card for the NW Switzerland instead of Basel, unless you have a rail pass already.

The walk could be quite bad in winter (of course we never go there during winter).

Whether you pick a FS or not depending on how much you are expecting to use the food IMO. I can imagine things could be very expensive in ZRH. Basel is not cheap but at least you can easily go to Germany and France to shop.

I used my certs in CY Basel - but of course because I don't have regular access to cat 4 properties in Asia. However if you have to be in Basel in a particular time the rate could be completely insane - their rack rate is CHF 249 - which is more than $200 a night.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:04 am

Hmm, it seems that it's better to stick with Renaissance Zurich, can anybody provide some more information regarding the lounge in that property? It wasn't discussed here nor TA.

Thanks a lot, nacho.

Originally Posted by nacho
CY Basel is pretty far from Basel city centre. It's our fav. CY because the GM there gives us an upgrade to 2 connecting rooms instead of a higher category room (we are 2 adults and 3 kids) - it doesn't happen like this everywhere. The location is in an industrial part of Basel which means that you have to buy a transport card for the NW Switzerland instead of Basel, unless you have a rail pass already.

The walk could be quite bad in winter (of course we never go there during winter).

Whether you pick a FS or not depending on how much you are expecting to use the food IMO. I can imagine things could be very expensive in ZRH. Basel is not cheap but at least you can easily go to Germany and France to shop.

I used my certs in CY Basel - but of course because I don't have regular access to cat 4 properties in Asia. However if you have to be in Basel in a particular time the rate could be completely insane - their rack rate is CHF 249 - which is more than $200 a night.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
both are listed in Sharon's sticky..........
Switzerland
* Lucerne / Renaissance / No exec lounge (but one for all guests); breakfast in lounge; 6/11 update; assuming this is still correct 07/25/12 update
* Zurich / Renaissance / CLOSED Weekends, Easter and Christmas Holidays and 2 weeks during summer holidays; coupons for Plats; key accessible; i-net terminal; 07/25/12 update
* Zurich / Renaissance Tower / OPEN; I-net terminal; open on Saturday/Sunday, but no food offerings in the evening (other than nuts...). Somewhat surprising - they offer great yummy selection on Friday; 09/09/12 update
* Zurich / Marriott / OPEN; key accessible 24/7 as well; free wifi for elites (paid otherwise); 07/05/12 update

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hmm, it seems that it's better to stick with Renaissance Zurich, can anybody provide some more information regarding the lounge in that property? It wasn't discussed here nor TA.

Thanks a lot, nacho.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:11 am

Hi, BKKLEE, thanks a lot for your information, I know that the lounge at Ren Zurich is not opened during the weekend, I meant that I need some information regarding the quality of the lounge there, whether it worths the 120 euro difference if I choose option 1.

Thanks a lot anyway.

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
both are listed in Sharon's sticky..........
Switzerland
* Lucerne / Renaissance / No exec lounge (but one for all guests); breakfast in lounge; 6/11 update; assuming this is still correct 07/25/12 update
* Zurich / Renaissance / CLOSED Weekends, Easter and Christmas Holidays and 2 weeks during summer holidays; coupons for Plats; key accessible; i-net terminal; 07/25/12 update
* Zurich / Renaissance Tower / OPEN; I-net terminal; open on Saturday/Sunday, but no food offerings in the evening (other than nuts...). Somewhat surprising - they offer great yummy selection on Friday; 09/09/12 update
* Zurich / Marriott / OPEN; key accessible 24/7 as well; free wifi for elites (paid otherwise); 07/05/12 update
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well it's Switzlerland, so I think you mean the 120CFH difference. That's 40CFH/day. Odds are you won't be able to eat dinner/drinks for 2 for 40CFH/day unless you find some really cheap places.

But whether you can make dinner out of the lounge offerings is up for debate. You might want to do a search on the property in this forum to see if someone's written more about the lounge offerings than what Exdon mentioned.

It sounds like both the Ren & the CY are a bit out of the way, so that part is a wash.

I'd definitely use the Cat cert for the Asian properties vs. Basel if it was me, as the Asian properties are nicer.

Cheers.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:50 am

Thanks, SkiAdcock=) Will definitely take your opinion into account.

Regards,
Dolphinyong

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well it's Switzlerland, so I think you mean the 120CFH difference. That's 40CFH/day. Odds are you won't be able to eat dinner/drinks for 2 for 40CFH/day unless you find some really cheap places.

But whether you can make dinner out of the lounge offerings is up for debate. You might want to do a search on the property in this forum to see if someone's written more about the lounge offerings than what Exdon mentioned.

It sounds like both the Ren & the CY are a bit out of the way, so that part is a wash.

I'd definitely use the Cat cert for the Asian properties vs. Basel if it was me, as the Asian properties are nicer.

Cheers.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum
Is this hotel closing in 2013?

I read a review on tripadvisor that stated this hotel is closing soon due to the new Zurich Renaissance Tower hotel. They also mentioned that the pool area is closed.
Can someone who has been there recently confirm or deny the rumors??
Old Mar 28, 2013, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
But, can anyone provide experience on the exec lounge at the Renaissance Tower? or the ease of getting there from the train station? What is in the area? Anything?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
But, can anyone provide experience on the exec lounge at the Renaissance Tower? or the ease of getting there from the train station? What is in the area? Anything?
Lounge has very nice snack offers and usually even better wine. View from 14th floor is awesome, esp for train lovers. No snacks on weekends, but drinks incl. wine in the evening. I really like this Ren!

Very easy to get there from Train Station: Take tramline 4, direction "Altstetten" and get off after 12min at "Technopark". Cross the street to the left in direction of travel and you hit the parking area in front of the hotel after 100m.
Technopark is quite a hip Zurich district with some cool bars, theaters, cinemas...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.