Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:47 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Exdon
As MR Plat your chances for getting/keeping a nice room in the Main building are very good, even on NYE. Never had to stay in the north wing even with ultra-cheap Priceline bookings. And don't miss the fireworks over Lake Zurich!
Upon check-in, they confirmed we could stay in our (nice) Grand Superior room with river view in the Main bldg for our whole stay.

Originally Posted by Exdon
For the real experience I would recommend the Limmat bridges Rathausbruecke or Muensterbruecke and not to stay inside no matter which floor!
We ended up walking out to the bridge close to the train station (Walchebruecke) to see the fireworks, with a great view! The show actually didn't start till 12:20am, so we were treated to several (unofficial) fireworks in the area until the main event.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:37 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by danola

I’ll be there in a month, did they ever catch this guy ?
Sadly not - in fact the hotel's response was completely unsatisfactory. They didn't care at all.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Zurich Marriott Street Parking

I read on a three year old thread that there is free street parking in front or near the hotel. I would like to know if anyone has been there recently and had a rental car and their experiences with free parking. I will be there next week and your responses will go a long way in helping me decide if renting a car is better than using trains, taxis, Uber. Any recent experience will be a great help. Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:47 pm

Hi,
Does anyone have the email contact to Marriott Zurich?
thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by danola
I read on a three year old thread that there is free street parking in front or near the hotel. I would like to know if anyone has been there recently and had a rental car and their experiences with free parking. I will be there next week and your responses will go a long way in helping me decide if renting a car is better than using trains, taxis, Uber. Any recent experience will be a great help. Thanks
Free parking in Zürich, actually the city? Nope. Won't happen. No chance.

Switzerland has great public transport. Use it!

Renting a car might get you heavy parking fees everywhere.

And basically all touristic areas are well connected by train.

Taxis and Uber will cost you two arms and a leg. Just don't!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Taxi from Hbf to Park Hyatt (about a five minute ride) was 25 CHF.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Free parking in Zürich, actually the city? Nope. Won't happen. No chance.

Switzerland has great public transport. Use it!

Renting a car might get you heavy parking fees everywhere.

And basically all touristic areas are well connected by train.

I just came back and did not get or need a car, public transportation is outstanding and reliable.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any comments on the top suites here? Also does any one have a GM or manager contact email? Looking to make an import reservation for a family event and would love a personal contact, thanks!
Old May 5, 2018, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone have a manager email for the Marriott?
Old May 6, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

could also consider atlantis under starwood?

panorama suite at marriott looks surprisingly good

too bad ritz is geneva rather than zurich
Old May 6, 2018, 10:51 am

Does anyone have a manager email for the Marriott?

I've always had success logging into the Marriott site, going to 'contact us' and sending your request. I've always received an e-mail contact returned within 2 business days.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any comments on the top suites here? Also does any one have a GM or manager contact email? Looking to make an import reservation for a family event and would love a personal contact, thanks!
Since I know you're also considering PH, just note that his property is not in the same league.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Since I know you're also considering PH, just note that his property is not in the same league.
The problem is that Park Hyatt Zurich is not in a convenient neighborhood for tourists, and the Marriott is more convenient for the train station.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
The problem is that Park Hyatt Zurich is not in a convenient neighborhood for tourists, and the Marriott is more convenient for the train station.
I'm not sure I agree with that. The PH is a very easy tram ride from the Hbf, less than two blocks from the lake promenade, and a ten minute walk to Old Town. The Marriott is far enough from the Hbf that you would not want to walk with luggage (and the paths through the park are all gravel). The Marriott, while proximate to the National Museum, is itself located in a relatively gritty (for Zurich) block and is no closer to Old Town than the PH.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
M Lounge has opened at Zurich Marriott.

"Featuring a hosted entrance and concierge services, the lounge is accessible 24/7 with a guest keycard, with included access for Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum members. The lounge hosts a breakfast daily, from 6am to 10am and until noon on weekends, and offers up snacks and light bites 24/7. In the evenings from 5:30pm to 7:30pm, guests can enjoy upscale hors ‘doeuvres including house charcuterie, artisanal cheeses and pickled vegetables. Wi-Fi keeps guests connected at all times, and our concierge is on hand for any assistance or local recommendations."
jrsinpdx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.