Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Zurich, Switzerland

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Originally Posted by avja
Where should I stay this June.
I solved my problem. I had two 35000 Marriott free night certificates. The only hotels that had rooms for 35000 per night or less were the Sheraton, a Courtyard, and Kameha Grand. I will be staying at the Sheraton for 3 nights - two on certificates and one on points.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: marriott platinum, intercontinental diamond
Glad I booked the Sheraton. Cost was obviously right. Three separate stays were consolidated, and I was upgraded to a large junior suite for all nights. Lounge is decent and restaurant which serves platinum breakfast offers good food and excellent service.
cfischer likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by avja
Glad I booked the Sheraton. Cost was obviously right. Three separate stays were consolidated, and I was upgraded to a large junior suite for all nights. Lounge is decent and restaurant which serves platinum breakfast offers good food and excellent service.
Thanks for the update. I need 2 nights in Zurich and the difference between the Marriott and Sheraton is significant.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:47 am

Have a 1 day layover in Zurich in a few days, was wondering what Marriott people recommend if I'd like to get a little bit of sightseeing done in town.

I arrive 1100 and depart the following day at 0930. I was considering between the Sheraton, Renaissance, and Kameha Grand.

The Sheraton seems nice, but looks a bit further from train station than the Ren. I assume to visit town, I'd use the tram, which looks easily accessible from both the Ren and the Sheraton.

The Ren seems to be closer to the train station though, for going to/from airport. We've got a suitcase each, so would prefer somewhere easily reachable from the airport. How do the Sheraton and Ren compare, especially since they can both be had for same FNA cert for my night.

The Kameha Grand on the other hand, is a bit of a journey to town, but looks like it's in a good spot for getting back to the airport easily in the early morning, giving us a bit more sleep versus staying at Sheraton/Ren? How hard/far is the trek from this hotel to the touristy sites (old town etc.)

I'd use a FNA cert at either the Sheraton or the Ren, and probably go with cash at the Kameha as rates are only ~200CHF.

What are some thoughts and advice for a first time visitor to Zurich?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
What are some thoughts and advice for a first time visitor to Zurich?
For a quick layover, with luggage, I'd consider staying at the airport; there are no Marriotts there, but two very nice Hyatts (Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Place).

Train plus tram with suitcases (hope they're at least rollers) will be a hassle. If I'm staying in the city, I take a taxi or hotel car, but they are expensive.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:25 am

Zurich hotel recommendation

Hi everyone,

I’m requesting recommendations between two Zurich Marriott’s. Visiting with mom and two siblings as part of Europe trip at the end of Thanksgiving week. We will be coming into Zurich via Eurail.

I have the Marriott employee discount, so those are the all in rates I’ve included:

Neues Schloss Privat Hotel Zurich, Autograph Collection ($150 a night)

Zurich Marriott Hotel ($125 a night)

We currently booked 2 rooms, 2 nights at Zurich Marriott, but wondering if the Neues Schloss is worth paying an extra $25 a night per room for ($100 total).

I have Marriott Gold, which I assume will be worthless.

Should we keep the Marriott reservation or switch to the Autograph Collection? The Autograph is right next to the water, and rooms look nicer. But I don’t know.

Any advice?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by idkmybffjill
The Autograph is right next to the water
The Neue Schloss is several blocks from the lake in a relatively quiet area. It's low rise and there are no water views. The Marriott is right on the river, across from the hauptbahnof (main train station). The Marriott is a more convenient location, though the area fronting on the lake is very pleasant.
jalves likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 4:41 pm

The autograph is 2 blocks. 3 min walk.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 7:28 pm

The autograph is 2 blocks. 3 min walk.
Yes, the Neues Schloss is near the lake. But it's not "next to" the lake. If you think you'll have water views from anywhere on the property, you'll be disappointed.

btw, if you call it "the Autograph" no one will know what you're talking about.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, the Neues Schloss is near the lake. But it's not "next to" the lake. If you think you'll have water views from anywhere on the property, you'll be disappointed.

I thought it’s pretty obvious in this instance which hotel I’m referring to as the Autograph. At least for anyone who actually read my OP.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee

I thought it’s pretty obvious in this instance which hotel I’m referring to as the Autograph. At least for anyone who actually read my OP.
@Kacee is almost certainly talking about people in Zurich - taxi drivers, etc.

But feel free to continue abusing FTers who are trying to be helpful.
rje, yyzflyer, appenzeller and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 4:58 pm

Both locations aren't "perfect" - but that doesn't mean they're bad.

I had to google what you meant with "end of thanks giving", but it seems that's fairly soon. So, with some luck, you still have semi-decent late autumn weather. Or rain all day.

The area around "Neues Schloss" is VERY dead on weekends, as it's the "business area" of Zürich. If you don't mind that, I'd say the area is slightly better to experience Zürich City (Several tram stops nearby into almost all directions, but all of them about 150-200m distance) and the lake.

The Marriott isn't beautiful to look at from outside (but imho the rooms are ok) and despite being nearer to Zürich Main Station (We call it: HB), less convenient to get around from. That doesn't mean it's a long hike to take a tram, absolutely not. Just a bit less convenient. Being within walking station of the HB means you could quickly go on trips across the greater Zürich Area by train, or do trips to other cities (Lucerne, Bern, St. Gallen, Basel, and especially beautiful Olten ) more conveniently. But it's not really a big difference, really. If you're not planning on visiting other cities from Zürich, then imho the "Neues Schloss" is located better (with above described day/weekend differenciation) - not by THAT much, but for a 2 night stay, I'd probably splurge those 50 CHF/extra.

If you prefer larger hotels over smaller ones, the Marriott might be better, as the Neues Schloss is fairly small in comparison. Or vice versa, if you prefer smaller hotels.

All in all, I'd probably tend slightly for the Neues Schloss in your case, but it's really not by much. You can go for the very same places from both hotels in similar time, and the view might be better from the Marriott.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
@Kacee is almost certainly talking about people in Zurich - taxi drivers, etc.

But feel free to continue abusing FTers who are trying to be helpful.
Why would Kacee be referring to people in Zurich? Lol this is a thread about Marriott recommendations, and my OP mentioned the full name of the hotel that was an Autograph,
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Both locations aren't "perfect" - but that doesn't mean they're bad.

I had to google what you meant with "end of thanks giving", but it seems that's fairly soon. So, with some luck, you still have semi-decent late autumn weather. Or rain all day.

The area around "Neues Schloss" is VERY dead on weekends, as it's the "business area" of Zürich. If you don't mind that, I'd say the area is slightly better to experience Zürich City (Several tram stops nearby into almost all directions, but all of them about 150-200m distance) and the lake.

The Marriott isn't beautiful to look at from outside (but imho the rooms are ok) and despite being nearer to Zürich Main Station (We call it: HB), less convenient to get around from. That doesn't mean it's a long hike to take a tram, absolutely not. Just a bit less convenient. Being within walking station of the HB means you could quickly go on trips across the greater Zürich Area by train, or do trips to other cities (Lucerne, Bern, St. Gallen, Basel, and especially beautiful Olten ) more conveniently. But it's not really a big difference, really. If you're not planning on visiting other cities from Zürich, then imho the "Neues Schloss" is located better (with above described day/weekend differenciation) - not by THAT much, but for a 2 night stay, I'd probably splurge those 50 CHF/extra.

If you prefer larger hotels over smaller ones, the Marriott might be better, as the Neues Schloss is fairly small in comparison. Or vice versa, if you prefer smaller hotels.

All in all, I'd probably tend slightly for the Neues Schloss in your case, but it's really not by much. You can go for the very same places from both hotels in similar time, and the view might be better from the Marriott.
Okay, so we will be there Nov 24-26 and planning to stay in Zurich and see around, but also go to Interlaken, Grindelwald, and Lauterbrunnen (all 3 of which are close to each other I believe). Any updated thoughts on which of the two hotels to stay at? Haha
Old Nov 20, 2022, 7:08 pm

Anyone has the GM's email for the Courtyard Zurich North?

I have a billing issue and front desk has not responded in more than 2 weeks despite acknowledging an initial email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.