FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

mooper Feb 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mgm32 (Post 24368323)
Can anyone point to me where the "any meeting held at the same place within 3 days is considered the same meeting no matter the # of contracts" comes from? I thought I read someone back on page 56 or so said they got 30 nights in one weekend off of 3 meetings.

I don't see such a limitation in the T&Cs but could be missing it. I know that I've received 10 EQNs per $50 meeting for several days in a row - no spacing required - but maybe I lucked out?

craz Feb 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 24368705)
I don't see such a limitation in the T&Cs but could be missing it. I know that I've received 10 EQNs per $50 meeting for several days in a row - no spacing required - but maybe I lucked out?

I know when I 1st did 'meetings' that the hotel rep told me doing 1 on arrival day and a 2nd the next day wont yield me my desired benefit, since there had to be a 3 day min between events to be considered separate from each other. And she suggested we do them a week apart to be sure.

Now could be the T&Cs have changed I no longer have any need for any more meetings and havent done any in a couple of yrs. Could be if they send them in for credit no 2 or 3 days in a row that that is enough to throw the computer off. Just like with say SPG one isnt suppose to get credit for more then 1 Stay credit per night or more then 1 consectutive night with checking in and out then back in its a YMMV as some folks have gotten lucky and earned Stay credits when they shouldnt have.

mgm32 Feb 18, 2015 11:22 am

Quick update.

The person I've been in communication with went ahead and booked my meetings with my updated terms. When I mentioned the Group Posting Tool she knew right away what I was referring to. She also stated for each posting it only take 20 minutes to 3 hours for them yo show up depending on how busy the system is. She will then forward me a, in her words, "receipt they give to show that the rewards were posted to the account." I have one scheduled tonight and another tomorrow so if I get the credit for both, I'll continue in similar fashion next week.

joeags Feb 18, 2015 1:51 pm

Yeah, I was blown away by how quickly I received the email and confirmation in my MR account after they posted the meeting. It really is that fast.

mgm32 Feb 19, 2015 1:40 pm

Meeting went off without a hitch last night. 81.36 in total for 1 hour.

Received my folio for the meeting at 9:34am PST this morning.

Got this email from the system at 11:12am PST this morning.

Subject: Award Posted: Rewarding Events Group Posting Tool
Reply-To: [email protected]

Dear mgm32,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards member for your meeting & event business.

This message confirms the following was posted to your account:

Total points earned: xxx
Date Posted: 02/19/2015
Event Dates: 02/18/2015 - 02/18/2015
Property Name: CY SANTA ROSA
Reference Number: xxxxxxx

This meeting or event will count toward your qualification for Elite membership.

Thank you for choosing Marriott Rewards or The Ritz-Carlton Rewards!

Logged into my Marriott Rewards account and sure enough, 10 nights posted.

Thanks to all for the info in this thread. Going for meeting #2 tonight.

Scheitan Feb 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by bajaj_ash (Post 24196257)
Thanks for the tip on group posting tool. It was very helpful when I was working with sales director of SHS for a meeting. It posted immediately after I made the recommendation about current tool.
BTW, if anyone is looking for a cheap meeting (50+service charge+tax) in Dallas, please feel free to PM me and be happy to provide the contact name. You might not even have to show up. Not sure if I can post employee's details here.

To add, I didn't have to sign any contract and they were able to use the my card on file for final payment.

I would appreciate receiving the contact information as well - maybe something can be done without showing up, as here in Germany (at least for the Hotels I tried) prices seem to be quite different (any other hints are of course appreciated as well).

cbellero Feb 25, 2015 1:47 am

Hi Sheitan, You can get the CY Munich for 100 EUR. I did this in December. Not sure if that is within your value limits.

nacho Feb 25, 2015 6:13 am

Originally Posted by cbellero (Post 24411005)
Hi Sheitan, You can get the CY Munich for 100 EUR. I did this in December. Not sure if that is within your value limits.

Do you have to show up?

Thanks in advance!

cbellero Feb 25, 2015 6:28 am

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 24411727)
Do you have to show up?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, but I am not sure. I did show up and never inquired about the possibility of not showing up.

BrightlyBob Feb 25, 2015 8:05 am

Ive held short 2 person meetings in the UK at Peterborough costing £50, Huntington at £75 and Ren LHR at £100, all including taxes. None of the nights posted and I had to chase them all up.

I would have gone for a final meeting to add to my rollovers (one £50 Peterborough meeting would have netted 20 lifetime nights) but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of chasing it up after the event and if the credit didn't happen till new year then trying to chase up the rollover element.

Cargojon Feb 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Im still waiting for a meeting to post from 2 weeks ago. Followed up with hotel today who was going to check on it.

Didnt have this issue with same hotel last year...

Sweetvibes Mar 2, 2015 2:30 pm

Do these meeting elite nights count toward the megabonus?

I am currently in the process of booking a room for half a day and have been confirmed by the sales person the room counts for 10 elite nights, but does this then count towards the Megabonus promo?

Thanks!

njcommodore Mar 2, 2015 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Sweetvibes (Post 24442287)
Do these meeting elite nights count toward the megabonus?

I am currently in the process of booking a room for half a day and have been confirmed by the sales person the room counts for 10 elite nights, but does this then count towards the Megabonus promo?

Thanks!

no, only stays in rooms.

nacho Mar 3, 2015 3:34 am

Originally Posted by bajaj_ash (Post 24196257)
BTW, if anyone is looking for a cheap meeting (50+service charge+tax) in Dallas, please feel free to PM me and be happy to provide the contact name. You might not even have to show up. Not sure if I can post employee's details here.

To add, I didn't have to sign any contract and they were able to use the my card on file for final payment.

Contacted that one - the rate is not $50, it's $75 plus 6% tax and 20% service charge - which gets close to $100/meeting.

MaineFlyer16 Mar 3, 2015 11:23 am

Anyone know any cheap spots around Boston/Northern Mass?