FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

joehallissey Oct 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps (Post 23742183)
I've tried to submit requests for meetings via the Marriott homepage. I complete the form and get to a review page with a Submit-button. However nothing happens when I click Submit. The problem occurs in both Firefox and IE.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Worked fine for me in Chrome 39. Maybe try clearing cache and cookies? Getting an answer back after submission is my issue...

SacTownGuy Oct 28, 2014 8:35 am

Originally Posted by kklems (Post 23746143)
Was thinking about booking a hotel meeting room for a company Xmas party. Anyone have experience knowledge about what is/isn't allowed as far as outside food and beverage(including alcohol)? I looked through the meeting links but couldn't find anything definite. My guess would be no outside f/b. Looking at Cy, RI or a FS M.

I think typically none allowed but worth asking. Probably cheaper to have a party someone else and pay for 10 nights at the hotel. Lol.

sethb Oct 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Alcohol is almost certainly not allowed. Other food you can probably buy a waiver for.

Gnopps Oct 28, 2014 11:59 pm

Outside food & drink

Originally Posted by kklems (Post 23746143)
Was thinking about booking a hotel meeting room for a company Xmas party. Anyone have experience knowledge about what is/isn't allowed as far as outside food and beverage(including alcohol)? I looked through the meeting links but couldn't find anything definite. My guess would be no outside f/b. Looking at Cy, RI or a FS M.

The below text was included in an offer sent to my by a European property:

The customer may not bring any food or drink to events and is obliged to ensure that their employees, agents and participants do not bring any food or drinks. Exceptions require a written agreement with the hotel. The hotel will levy a service charge in such cases.

kklems Oct 29, 2014 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Gnopps (Post 23754327)
The below text was included in an offer sent to my by a European property:

Thanks that's what I figured but it didn't hurt to check.

jlb3 Oct 31, 2014 12:48 pm

Does anyone know if this is still the policy? I called a local MR to book a meeting and they couldn’t promise I’d get the elite night credits – they said it was decided by MR Rewards, not the hotel. She transferred me to MR Rewards, who said you have to book 10+ rooms. Should I just book a meeting and chance it?

SkiAdcock Oct 31, 2014 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by jlb3 (Post 23770235)
Does anyone know if this is still the policy? I called a local MR to book a meeting and they couldn’t promise I’d get the elite night credits – they said it was decided by MR Rewards, not the hotel. She transferred me to MR Rewards, who said you have to book 10+ rooms. Should I just book a meeting and chance it?

MR is wrong. And the property is as well. You probably need to point them to the page on the Marriott website. However, I think I read that there's some type of paperwork that needs to go with it, so I wouldn't book a mtg & chance it. I'd do some homework, walk the property through how to do it, and then book it.

Cheers.

YoungBubbie Oct 31, 2014 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 23770461)
MR is wrong. And the property is as well. You probably need to point them to the page on the Marriott website. However, I think I read that there's some type of paperwork that needs to go with it, so I wouldn't book a mtg & chance it. I'd do some homework, walk the property through how to do it, and then book it.

Cheers.

Not sure but,

I think you have to sign a contract.

joshua362 Oct 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie (Post 23771493)
Not sure but,

I think you have to sign a contract.

Yes, never did one but that's been repeated over and over here...

joelfreak Nov 1, 2014 10:54 am

Does anyone know a property in BKK that hosts meetings? I will be there in 2 weeks and will probably need 2-3 meetings scheduled. :-)

SacTownGuy Nov 1, 2014 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by jlb3 (Post 23770235)

It's still the same deal. You do NOT need to book any room. However, not all hotels participate. Somewhere on Marriott website there used to be a list I think. Just call a couple of local CY or FF and you'll find it. I promise it's not the high level of rocket science that some indicate in this thread.

Cargojon Nov 4, 2014 12:49 pm

FWIW, I just did this today because I needed a place to do a video conference call with a client, and my office's network blocked the stupid connection.

I called up my local CY, talked to the sales lady briefly, and had it set up in less than 10 minutes. When I arrived, the contract was ready, which I signed. There is also an accompanying form that you put your Marriott Rewards number on and designate that account as the one to receive the points/credit. Seemed pretty simple to me. I called the property at 11 am this morning and was in my conference room at 1 PM.

The only thing I'm iffy on is that I didn't leave with a copy of anything or a receipt. It will get e-mailed to me. Will report back when I see the receipt and the points/nights credit.

jlb3 Nov 4, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. Here’s the issue: I’m being quoted one price online ($100) and another price from the actual hotel and the regional sales rep ($400). HUGE price difference. I called the hotel and they said it’s because there are two different systems – one for booking online, one for through the hotel/sales rep. When booking online for $100 it says nothing about Elite night credits. I asked if that can be added in after I book it and pay – hotel said no.

My problem is once I pay this $100 (+ taxes) I can’t get my money back. So I don’t know what to do. I’m guessing I’ll just book the $100 meeting, click “submit” (which I assume is the contract? Or do I sign that later?). And hope for the best? This is a FS Marriott in the DC area so I assume they participate in the rewarding events.

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy (Post 23774813)
It's still the same deal. You do NOT need to book any room. However, not all hotels participate. Somewhere on Marriott website there used to be a list I think. Just call a couple of local CY or FF and you'll find it. I promise it's not the high level of rocket science that some indicate in this thread.

jlb3 Nov 4, 2014 1:16 pm

And I tried calling other hotels in the area, like a CY or FFI. As soon as they ask for my phone #, they see I inquired somewhere else and send me to the same stupid regional sales rep that wants to charge me $400/hour for every MR in the region. I am having no luck with this :/

joshua362 Nov 4, 2014 3:33 pm

Of course, the hotel sales rep needs his "taste". I have no idea if the online submission counts as a "contract", something tells me "no" unless there is something long for you to read and electronically "sign".