FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

CT1 Sep 17, 2015 10:48 am

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 25439520)
The rep said he can't (now) book additional meetings that way, people have to use the tool at http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...ng-planning.mi (which costs $50 + service charge + tax).

Which properties get that rate? And does one have to show up for their meeting?

Thanks for your help.

EastCoastRob Sep 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by CT1 (Post 25439961)
Which properties get that rate? And does one have to show up for their meeting?

Thanks for your help.

Is there a specific property to request an RFP from? The smallest size room?

ManFactSpendLA Sep 29, 2015 6:38 pm

If anyone has a good contact that can book me a "meeting" I'd appreciate it. Please msg me. I'm about 20 nights short for next year and would just like to go ahead and get it done now.

Thanks

Tedgrrrr Sep 29, 2015 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by ManFactSpendLA (Post 25496051)
If anyone has a good contact that can book me a "meeting" I'd appreciate it. Please msg me. I'm about 20 nights short for next year and would just like to go ahead and get it done now.

Thanks

I would look somewhere down south, wayyy down south.

PaceLaw2012 Oct 1, 2015 7:26 pm

Just got to Plat via 4 meetings + my regular stays. $100 + tax per meeting. Pretty sweet ;)

sethb Oct 1, 2015 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012 (Post 25506174)
Just got to Plat via 4 meetings + my regular stays. $100 + tax per meeting. Pretty sweet ;)

Isn't it. (Though for about that cost I'm Plat for two years with rollover. Turned out to be a really good decision because right afterwards, the deal went away. And, rollover nights count double towards lifetime, though I'll have the nights long before I have the points.)

stc Oct 1, 2015 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 25506478)
Isn't it. (Though for about that cost I'm Plat for two years with rollover. Turned out to be a really good decision because right afterwards, the deal went away. And, rollover nights count double towards lifetime, though I'll have the nights long before I have the points.)

What deal went away? The 10 nights or a cheap way to get the 10 nights?

sethb Oct 1, 2015 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by stc (Post 25506600)
What deal went away? The 10 nights or a cheap way to get the 10 nights?

The super-cheap way I found to get 10 nights.

Long Distance Oct 2, 2015 5:43 am

Originally Posted by PaceLaw2012 (Post 25506174)

Would you be kind enough to lay out how you made the reservation so you were confident you would get the nights. Yes, I have read this thread and for some reason I am not confident I will do this correctly and get the nights.

Thanks!

stc Oct 2, 2015 9:03 am

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 25506606)
The super-cheap way I found to get 10 nights.

I really need to get cracking on getting 20 nights this way.

mooper Oct 2, 2015 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Long Distance (Post 25507643)
Would you be kind enough to lay out how you made the reservation so you were confident you would get the nights. Yes, I have read this thread and for some reason I am not confident I will do this correctly and get the nights.

Thanks!

The key is that you have a contract that meets the terms outlined in the offer (essentially a meeting at a qualifying brand). Once you've paid and the "meeting" has passed, wait a few business days. If nothing, mention the offer, the contract, and the posting tool needed to post the EQNs, and ask when they expect to post them and if they need anything else from you. Good luck!

stc Oct 2, 2015 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by mooper (Post 25508640)
The key is that you have a contract that meets the terms outlined in the offer (essentially a meeting at a qualifying brand). Once you've paid and the "meeting" has passed, wait a few business days. If nothing, mention the offer, the contract, and the posting tool needed to post the EQNs, and ask when they expect to post them and if they need anything else from you. Good luck!

Are there any Marriott brands that don't qualify? I was assuming I'd poke around for the Courtyard or Fairfield with an under-utilized conference room.

sethb Oct 2, 2015 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by stc (Post 25510822)
Are there any Marriott brands that don't qualify? I was assuming I'd poke around for the Courtyard or Fairfield with an under-utilized conference room.

Yes. Check on Marriott's site.

stc Oct 3, 2015 8:04 am

Originally Posted by sethb (Post 25510828)
Yes. Check on Marriott's site.

A URL reference would be nice. A quick Google Search seems to say that you only get the 10 bonus nights if you have booked a minimum of 10 rooms.

Atxbobcat Oct 3, 2015 8:35 am

Originally Posted by stc (Post 25512424)
A URL reference would be nice. A quick Google Search seems to say that you only get the 10 bonus nights if you have booked a minimum of 10 rooms.

I believe it is Residence Inn and Towne Place Suites..