FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

mgm32 Mar 4, 15 12:18 am


Originally Posted by nacho (Post 24445167)
Contacted that one - the rate is not $50, it's $75 plus 6% tax and 20% service charge - which gets close to $100/meeting.

You spoke to the wrong person. The rate is $50. I got this exact setup for $63 after tax and fees. Booked 2 meetings in back to back nights at the end of last week. Didn't even have to show and pushed me over the Platinum threshold for 2015 already.

nacho Mar 4, 15 4:55 am


Originally Posted by mgm32 (Post 24450961)
You spoke to the wrong person. The rate is $50. I got this exact setup for $63 after tax and fees. Booked 2 meetings in back to back nights at the end of last week. Didn't even have to show and pushed me over the Platinum threshold for 2015 already.

It was an email communication. I think I will write back and ask. Thanks for letting me know!

SacTownGuy Mar 4, 15 7:58 am


Originally Posted by mgm32 (Post 24450961)
You spoke to the wrong person. The rate is $50. I got this exact setup for $63 after tax and fees. Booked 2 meetings in back to back nights at the end of last week. Didn't even have to show and pushed me over the Platinum threshold for 2015 already.

Good info. If one is short on status it's worth $63 to try a no show "meeting" just to see if it works! If it works once then do it again! I am hopping to stay plat the old fashion way but slow start to the year travel wise so we shall see....

mgm32 Mar 4, 15 8:18 am


Originally Posted by nacho (Post 24451612)
It was an email communication. I think I will write back and ask. Thanks for letting me know!

Be very specific in your email. Took some back and forth to make sure they did it correctly. Specifically, make sure you let them know you want separate meetings and want to ensure it's posted using the Group Posting Tool after each meeting. But yes, did all of mine directly through email as well.

Gnopps Mar 8, 15 11:56 pm

Earning on room charges?
 
On the info page it says:
EARN

You'll receive:

Maximum rewards of 50,000 points (3 points per 0.92 ) or 15,000 miles (1 mile per 0.92 ) with one qualifying event
Points for each room night, regardless if you or your guest is paying for it
I interpret this as that the meeting booker will receive points for all room costs as well. I booked a meeting with 10 room nights but the hotel says I get points for the meeting charges only. They are wrong, aren't they?

jnc14572 Mar 9, 15 9:05 am

yes they are wrong. Copy the section on the internet and provide it to them

teach42 Mar 10, 15 9:47 am

During the Christmas holiday, I booked meeting rooms on two consecutive days at a Residence Inn. Contract did not mention elite nights, so I asked them to add it, which they did. I had two seperate contracts, each with a clause about receiving 10 elite nights credit. Weeks go by and the nights aren't posted. I ask, and they award me points but no nights. I ask again, and eventually get back that Residence Inn doesn't participate in the program and so they can't award elite nights.

I take it to the Rewards hotline who sends me to corporate. After a phone call and sending them my info, I get another email from the Residence Inn saying that they're sorry, but they still can't credit me.

I chose that location because they were willing to give me the elite nights for the meeting. I could just as easily have gone to another Marriott in town. I have signed contracts. Any suggestions for how to deal with it from here?

bmchris Mar 10, 15 9:54 am

Did you know Residence Inn doesn't participate in the Elite Nights Rewarding Events Promo? http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...events-faqs.mi

"If I book an event at a brand that is not participating in Rewarding Events, will I earn points or miles?


No, You will not earn Marriott Rewards points or miles for any rooms you book for your meeting or event at Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites and Marriott Executive Apartments. You can continue to earn points or miles for your individual stays at these brands."

RogerD408 Mar 10, 15 10:08 am


Originally Posted by teach42 (Post 24484755)
During the Christmas holiday, I booked meeting rooms on two consecutive days at a Residence Inn. Contract did not mention elite nights, so I asked them to add it, which they did. I had two seperate contracts, each with a clause about receiving 10 elite nights credit. Weeks go by and the nights aren't posted. I ask, and they award me points but no nights. I ask again, and eventually get back that Residence Inn doesn't participate in the program and so they can't award elite nights.

I take it to the Rewards hotline who sends me to corporate. After a phone call and sending them my info, I get another email from the Residence Inn saying that they're sorry, but they still can't credit me.

I chose that location because they were willing to give me the elite nights for the meeting. I could just as easily have gone to another Marriott in town. I have signed contracts. Any suggestions for how to deal with it from here?


Originally Posted by bmchris (Post 24484789)
Did you know Residence Inn doesn't participate in the Elite Nights Rewarding Events Promo? http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...events-faqs.mi

"If I book an event at a brand that is not participating in Rewarding Events, will I earn points or miles?


No, You will not earn Marriott Rewards points or miles for any rooms you book for your meeting or event at Residence Inn by Marriott, TownePlace Suites and Marriott Executive Apartments. You can continue to earn points or miles for your individual stays at these brands."

Sounds like even the property didn't know they don't participate. :( This is a case where a "one-time exception" should be allowed. Even if they don't have the right system to post the nights, they can book a 10-night stay at $0. After all they did agree to the nights.

jrmstr33 May 6, 15 4:43 pm


Originally Posted by mgm32 (Post 24368323)
I received the contracts and they don't show my Marriott Rewards # nor do they state meeting anywhere. They show "Catering Contract" and "Banquet Event Order."

I emailed the person back, cited the referenced links in this thread, mentioned the Group Posting Tool as well as laid out for them what I am seeking (10 nights per meeting). The total after taxes is 81.56 per meeting. I'm hoping they make the changes as requested. Will report back what I get back from them.

Can anyone point to me where the "any meeting held at the same place within 3 days is considered the same meeting no matter the # of contracts" comes from? I thought I read someone back on page 56 or so said they got 30 nights in one weekend off of 3 meetings.

Thanks so much for your indulgence on a newly more active member.


Originally Posted by craz (Post 24363430)
Hopefully someone who recalls better then I, will chirp in. From what I recall any meeting held at the same place within 3 days is considered the same meeting no matter the # of contracts, of cause YMMV and they may all post or only 1 may post. Youd do best explaining exactly what you are up to and have them book the meetings 1 week apart from one another and they can check you in and out.Also this way they wont ding you for any set up or clean up fees which are in addition to the room fee itself, and some places will simply charge youa flat fee including taxes once they know what you are doing

Has anyone gotten clarity on this? In the process of holding several back to back meetings (consecutive days) and want to ensure I get proper credit. Can anyone comment if back to back days count? Thanks in advance!

Boraxo May 6, 15 10:52 pm

Finally had a real meeting to book - it was kind of amusing as I acted surprised when the sales manager started gushing about the EQNs and points. Will come in handy as I am already have 35 EQN and lost MR Gold this year when I lost UA 1K. Might even be worth going for Plat if I can get some of those $50 Dallas meetings or $75 in Santa Rosa ;)

mgm32 May 7, 15 1:44 pm


Originally Posted by jrmstr33 (Post 24777560)
Has anyone gotten clarity on this? In the process of holding several back to back meetings (consecutive days) and want to ensure I get proper credit. Can anyone comment if back to back days count? Thanks in advance!

I had no issues when booking back to back days in Santa Rosa or Dallas.

Both places gave me 10 nights per meeting. I did specifically request separate contracts for each day just to be safe.

hw711 May 15, 15 10:48 am

How fast do events post? I did my first event last Sat and haven't received any elite nights. Not sure if it takes longer for event to credit or they screwed up. If latter, who should I contact? The person I arrange the event with at the hotel or marriott rewards.

RogerD408 May 15, 15 11:12 am


Originally Posted by hw711 (Post 24820551)
How fast do events post? I did my first event last Sat and haven't received any elite nights. Not sure if it takes longer for event to credit or they screwed up. If latter, who should I contact? The person I arrange the event with at the hotel or marriott rewards.

Different properties process differently. Some do it everyday, some maybe once a week. I'd suggest waiting until Monday and if it still hasn't posted contact the property to see if they had an issue preventing credit from being posted. Read upthread for the name of the system they need to post it on, it may be they went the wrong way.

jamflyer May 20, 15 9:54 am

Tried this in Central NJ and the best rate I was getting is $250 per meeting plus a massive 23% service fee.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:19 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.