FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1121221-platinum-status-eight-days-800-no-stays-required.html)

Seabilly Sep 7, 2017 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by NDS88 (Post 28789635)
Is this bonus even still active? Thought promo page was pulled from Marriott's web site.

https://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...els/rewards.mi

mikeef Sep 22, 2017 11:23 am

I just got an invite to a customer appreciation party at the hotel where I booked my meeting. Sadly, I'm in Boston and the hotel is in Oregon, so I'm not going to be able to make it. :(

Mike

FlyDUS Sep 23, 2017 7:05 am

Will the elite qualifying nights count for the Platinum Challenge? (I am afraid not, but just asking)

dgreen12 Sep 23, 2017 8:11 am

Originally Posted by FlyDUS (Post 28849415)
Will the elite qualifying nights count for the Platinum Challenge? (I am afraid not, but just asking)

Sorry, no.

Nazdoom Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm at the weird (but not for FT) position where I went from 0 lifetime nights to 65 nights this year. That leaves me 10 to hit Platinum.

I have one more night planned for the rest of the year. Based in Vancouver, Canada. Am I right in saying booking one two hour meeting is my best bet to hit Plat? Any specific experience doing so in Vancouver?

stc Sep 24, 2017 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Nazdoom (Post 28853527)
I'm at the weird (but not for FT) position where I went from 0 lifetime nights to 65 nights this year. That leaves me 10 to hit Platinum.

I have one more night planned for the rest of the year. Based in Vancouver, Canada. Am I right in saying booking one two hour meeting is my best bet to hit Plat? Any specific experience doing so in Vancouver?

It doesn't really need to be in Vancouver.

RogerD408 Sep 24, 2017 1:31 pm

Some have reported being able to book a meeting at a fairly cheap property and not show up but still get the credit. Do you have CC nights coming? Other earned nights. How about setting up a meeting at your next stay? Remember, award nights count for tier status too.

Also, if you want to play the rollover game, if you don't have Plat status now, keeping the nights just under 75 will get you rollover nights next year.

Nazdoom Sep 24, 2017 3:01 pm

Thanks for the replies. I imagine my best shot would be in Vancouver because I can do it whenever; I've exhausted two months abroad this year and have no further travel for the next 6 months at least.

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 28853649)
Some have reported being able to book a meeting at a fairly cheap property and not show up but still get the credit. Do you have CC nights coming? Other earned nights. How about setting up a meeting at your next stay? Remember, award nights count for tier status too.

Also, if you want to play the rollover game, if you don't have Plat status now, keeping the nights just under 75 will get you rollover nights next year.

I got 15 CC nights credited this year already but the only Marriott card in Canada has now left the market so I can't reapply. Can't get US cards in foreseeable future.

I've spent all my points and redeemed 46 nights this year across four continents. It looks to me as if booking a meeting is my best bet. I can try at my upcoming stay at Hong Kong Courtyard (included in my 65 nights total). Should I call Marriott or just ask the hotel directly? If it's market-based pricing, I might be well advised to book in Vancouver at the lowest of low seasons.

sethb Sep 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by stc (Post 28853540)
It doesn't really need to be in Vancouver.

And it doesn't need to be 2 hours.

Diplomatico Sep 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Is Platinum status worth $400-$450?

Self moved to a more appropriate thread.

Kingkong53 Oct 12, 2017 5:20 am

Hi can anyone recommend a hotel with a cheap meeting room without any hassle. Please PM me
thanks ahead of time

closecover Oct 12, 2017 11:08 am

Sorry for the late reply, but have you considered a property in Bellingham such as the Fairfield Inn?

ethan76 Oct 12, 2017 1:21 pm

I fell to Gold but this seems like a great way to get back to Plat, which I would link to my UA MileagePlus acct to gain silver again.

I would love any tips on a good low cost venue to book if you can shoot me a PM. If they require some one to show up; I will be in Houston, NYC, Panama City and Tampa in the next month.

naumank Oct 22, 2017 2:51 am

The Wiki says I should get a contract. When I did my search, some hotels let me me reserve a room directly by clicking on the reserve button. Should I call for a contract? Or will they send me a contract anyway?

jimdarcy Oct 22, 2017 5:37 am

Originally Posted by naumank (Post 28961627)
The Wiki says I should get a contract. When I did my search, some hotels let me me reserve a room directly by clicking on the reserve button. Should I call for a contract? Or will they send me a contract anyway?

100% get a contract.