Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2023, 5:30 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The prices displayed now include taxes but before you had to add 17%, no?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by yosithezet
17.7%
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:55 am

Re. out of 'normal' seasons prices... Many hotels now appear to be happier to be less than fully occupied at high prices, than to be full at slightly lower prices. And the whole tourism sector here is also now VERY excited about the possible Chinese travel resurrection...

Last edited by KingCanute; Sep 27, 2023 at 9:14 am
Old Sep 27, 2023, 11:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Those prices are fully consistent with pre-Covid rates, particularly when you factor in the inclusion of taxes and fees per Marriott's settlement with the Pennsylvania AG.

Nothing to see here.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 1:36 pm

Stayed a couple of nights last week and Rossini´s was more crowded than I remember and service slightly less proactive, had to ask for refills and flag them down which never happened before. There was a large, weird breakfast buffett setup outside the entrance, for some kind of convention breakfast or something. Excellent quality breakfast items in Rossini´s as usual.

Living Room girls were fantastic for cocktail hour, and they kept offering canapees if you wanted to dig in. Great place to start the evening before dinner.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Until March 2020 we paid between 4-5000 baht per night. So adding tax would still be less than 6000 baht a night. We would always get a Z3R rate as well and occasional sale rates under 4000 baht.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
right after Thailands post Covid Opening i paid 1800 .... the good times...
Old Oct 1, 2023, 9:10 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drron
Until March 2020 we paid between 4-5000 baht per night. So adding tax would still be less than 6000 baht a night. We would always get a Z3R rate as well and occasional sale rates under 4000 baht.
Pre-covid this property routinely priced for 6-7k per night for a base room, including fees and taxes. My most recent stay (in July) the rate was 12,605 all-in for a Grand Suite; looking back to my last five pre-covid stays (2019 and 2020) in the same room type, the all-in rates per night were 14,446, 19,286, 15,446, 14,671, and 12,569. So IME prices are actually lower now.

I'll add that at 6k per night all-in, you're getting a 5* property for under $200 US per night.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 8:06 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Considering the extensive buffet outside Rossini for breakfast guests seated in the Living Room, on a Monday morning, I don’t think occupancy is a challenge they have. Rossini is also completely packed.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:26 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Possible stay

I’m considering a two-week stay in the first quarter of next year. However, if the hotel is now hosting tour groups, irrespective of nationality, then I may look at alternatives. Is anyone who has stayed there recently able to give an update? A leisurely and peaceful breakfast should be the perfect way to start the day.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
I’m considering a two-week stay in the first quarter of next year. However, if the hotel is now hosting tour groups, irrespective of nationality, then I may look at alternatives. Is anyone who has stayed there recently able to give an update? A leisurely and peaceful breakfast should be the perfect way to start the day.
If you're Ambassador, you'll have access to the executive breakfast at Rossini's, which is relatively civilized. The main buffet at Orchid Cafe is considerably more chaotic, regardless whether there are tour groups (though they will usually save the seats along the windows, which sit outside the high traffic zone, for regulars/VIPs).
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
There have been peaks and troughs of tour groups at the SGS over the years (I’m sure I complain about some in this thread if you go back far enough), but the hotel staff are generally pretty quality and so they’re rarely much of a disturbance.

It sounds like the bigger issue at the moment is the hotel being full to capacity - but that’s not going to be a unique SGS issue. Back 18 months ago the issue with Thais swamping the happy hour, but that looks to have gone away with the end of the subsidy.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:53 am

The exec breakfast at Rossini's is now daily. No more public holiday and weekend exceptions.

-David
kevino and reggiekush like this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Did they start breakfast at the pool also?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Is there a new exec chef ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.