Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
thread already exists here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...rty-delhi.html
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Keyser
Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm also wondering if there's any more recent feedback comparing the LM to the ITC Maurya. I stayed at the latter about three years ago and really enjoyed it, but it did feel somewhat isolated. For my next trip, I'm wondering if I should give the LM another try this time because of its location (it would be nice to be able to walk to Janpath/CP). Any thoughts from those of you who have stayed at one or both within the last year?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 3:21 pm

I'm looking at two possible options for my trip to Delhi next spring, either The Park or Le Meridien. We'd probably go for a suite at the park or a club room at Le Meridien, partly for the airport transfer, price wise, they are less than £10 a night different. Any views on which is better?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by RachyH
I'm looking at two possible options for my trip to Delhi next spring, either The Park or Le Meridien. We'd probably go for a suite at the park or a club room at Le Meridien, partly for the airport transfer, price wise, they are less than £10 a night different. Any views on which is better?
I would do the LM over the Park solely based on location as the quality is similar in my opinion. The Park is in a busier commercial area (I presume you don't have business in the Connaught Place area). Its easier to get in and out of the LM. The location of the Park has the advantage of being able to walk to restaurants but most tourists to India stick to restaurants in the hotels; this is a personal choice of whether you want to risk potential Delhi belly for much better food.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 1:10 am

Originally Posted by zakami
I would do the LM over the Park solely based on location as the quality is similar in my opinion. The Park is in a busier commercial area (I presume you don't have business in the Connaught Place area). Its easier to get in and out of the LM. The location of the Park has the advantage of being able to walk to restaurants but most tourists to India stick to restaurants in the hotels; this is a personal choice of whether you want to risk potential Delhi belly for much better food.
Thanks, good to know about access to restaurants. I've read some less than favourable reviews of the lounge at LM from earlier this year, do you know if it has improved at all?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:54 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Going here for a couple days next week. I will get a guide for the days..... So won't have to navigate that. Want the nicest hotel and food ideally. The ITC Grand Bharat looks like an amazing property but outside the city. Perhaps it is between the Le Meridien New Delhi and the ITC Maurya. I'm a Plat member, also I'll be taking the Gatimaan Express out of Hazrat Nizamuddin on a Saturday, FYI. Advice as this is my first time in India.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by schley
Going here for a couple days next week. I will get a guide for the days..... So won't have to navigate that. Want the nicest hotel and food ideally. The ITC Grand Bharat looks like an amazing property but outside the city. Perhaps it is between the Le Meridien New Delhi and the ITC Maurya. I'm a Plat member, also I'll be taking the Gatimaan Express out of Hazrat Nizamuddin on a Saturday, FYI. Advice as this is my first time in India.
the itc is a better property but plats benefits are scarce....the le méridien treats plats really well....also, its in a much better location than the itc....
Old Nov 2, 2016, 5:13 am

the itc is a better property but plats benefits are scarce....the le méridien treats plats really well....also, its in a much better location than the itc....
I've done both and Keyser summed up my experience perfectly.

Cheers,
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The ITC Maurya rooms and Platinum treatment there are indeed nothing special for most SPG Platinums. Even SPG Golds booked for standard rooms are more likely to be better off at LeMeridien.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:44 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The ITC Maurya rooms and Platinum treatment there are indeed nothing special for most SPG Platinums. Even SPG Golds booked for standard rooms are more likely to be better off at LeMeridien.
+1 on this comment. Though mind you, I still prefer the ITC Maurya but then I am usually alone on business and don't care for a suite or even a lounge. ITC Maurya has a more luxurious feel to it than LM.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by schley
I would not recommend the ITC Grand Bharat to a short-term visitor to Delhi given how far it is from the city. ITC Grand Bharat caters to staycations or small conferences. But indeed is quite nice though the food was under-whelming.

Given your situation, I would pick the ITC Maurya. Its has India's most reputed restaurant (though I think that is a factor of people not getting out of hotels) and the West View has some good views during sunrise/sunset.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 11:40 am

Delhi Airport

I have about 13 hours to kill waiting for a flight out of Delhi. Can anyone recommend a Starwood hotel near the airport that has a nice pool that we could hang out for the day?
Old Feb 12, 2017, 1:02 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
A quick google search indicates there is a Four Points close to the airport and a Westin and Le Meridien in Gurgaon, about 15-20 minutes' drive. All three have pools, though of course the Westin and Le Meridien are nicer than the Four Points.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:28 pm

I have stayed at the four points at the airport. Underwhelming would by my observation.

Personally when I am there I like the Meridian in Janpath Market. It is near the metro and Connaught Place. Connaught Place is a big shopping area with lots of entertaining things. If you go - don't miss Palika which is an underground market for essentially locals. Certainly a lot of trinkets, but still entertaining for a few hours. It is walking distance from the Le Meridien. Janpath market is on the way which is also entertaining.

As a platinum I have always been upgraded there. There rooms are just a bit dated, but very serviceable. Depending on the time of day it is perhaps 30 minutes via pre-paid cab to the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.