Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2017, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
I have about 13 hours to kill waiting for a flight out of Delhi. Can anyone recommend a Starwood hotel near the airport that has a nice pool that we could hang out for the day?
This sounds like you're looking for a hotel that offers day rates.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Los_Pepes
I have about 13 hours to kill waiting for a flight out of Delhi. Can anyone recommend a Starwood hotel near the airport that has a nice pool that we could hang out for the day?
the four points near the airport is perfectly fine for a short stay....all the other starwood properties in the city are much better but if you need to be close to the airport & are just looking to relax by the pool for a few hours then the four points in a good choice....
Old Feb 15, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
the four points near the airport is perfectly fine for a short stay....all the other starwood properties in the city are much better but if you need to be close to the airport & are just looking to relax by the pool for a few hours then the four points in a good choice....
Thanks! I will check it out.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
+1
Old May 2, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Going with Le Meridien as coming this June..... thanks for the information guys.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by schley
Going with Le Meridien as coming this June..... thanks for the information guys.
good call....
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by tonei
A quick google search indicates there is a Four Points close to the airport and a Westin and Le Meridien in Gurgaon, about 15-20 minutes' drive. All three have pools, though of course the Westin and Le Meridien are nicer than the Four Points.
Four Points is seriously bad there. Not too close to the airport either. Sorry to say that, but Holiday Inn is a much better property near to the airport.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Four Points is seriously bad there. Not too close to the airport either.
what makes you say that????i have stayed here many times between layovers & for early morning flights....i've never had a bad stay....also, depending on the time of day or night, it takes 5-10 minutes to get to the airport from here....
Old Sep 4, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
what makes you say that????i have stayed here many times between layovers & for early morning flights....i've never had a bad stay....also, depending on the time of day or night, it takes 5-10 minutes to get to the airport from here....
It could be that I have been unlucky, but I was disappointed by the hard product and displeased by the service during my one and the only stay there. Won’t go back, I rather stay at nearby HI, which is better in every respect.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It could be that I have been unlucky, but I was disappointed by the hard product and displeased by the service during my one and the only stay there. Won’t go back, I rather stay at nearby HI, which is better in every respect.
fair enough....i find the property to be a good option for just spending the night....they have only 1 suite, which significantly reduces chances of getting an upgrade....i have been upgraded to the suite a few times but mostly end up in their regular rooms....i haven't experienced any service issues as well....the property is one of the larger four points i have come across but i have never used any of the facilities like the pool or gym so i can't comment on those....they also seem to be popular with weddings since they have a huge garden both in the front & back, as well as a large banquet hall....

you are right that in terms of a layover the holiday inn would be a good choice, given the fact that its much closer to the airport....however, the next time i am looking to stay the night in this area i would consider the aloft....its in the same area as the holiday inn & is a brand new property....
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:29 pm

Have anyone stay at Sheraton Delhi after big renovation? I just email the hotel, they said all renovation already finished on December 2018
Old Feb 17, 2020, 1:58 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Interestingly enough, my experience was exactly the opposite. The hard product is quite decent, and the staff was amazing. They even provided me with a free shuttle ride to the airport when my Uber driver decided not to show up.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Two-ish nights in Delhi coming up soon. I've always stayed at the Maurya - stunning breakfast, and great restaurants for dinner. It's the default choice for me.

The question is - should I go for either the JW Aerocity or the Le Meridien?

Key factors:
  • Titanium Elite status
  • two nights arriving on SFO-DEL super-early morning on a Saturday, will book a Friday night accordingly
  • leaving Sunday early evening - late checkout important
  • good breakfast on Sunday is important to me! (Maurya may be hard to beat)
  • lounge etc. pretty irrelevant, unlikely to use
  • don't care about touristing - been there, done that. i'm just meeting an old uni mate and taking a day off before a hectic week in PNQ
JW seems tempting - easy to the airport, great reviews that I've seen, and great rooms in a newish hotel. Any and all inputs welcomed.

thanks in advance as ever, FT.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cricketer
Two-ish nights in Delhi coming up soon. I've always stayed at the Maurya - stunning breakfast, and great restaurants for dinner. It's the default choice for me.

The question is - should I go for either the JW Aerocity or the Le Meridien?

Key factors:
  • Titanium Elite status
  • two nights arriving on SFO-DEL super-early morning on a Saturday, will book a Friday night accordingly
  • leaving Sunday early evening - late checkout important
  • good breakfast on Sunday is important to me! (Maurya may be hard to beat)
  • lounge etc. pretty irrelevant, unlikely to use
  • don't care about touristing - been there, done that. i'm just meeting an old uni mate and taking a day off before a hectic week in PNQ
JW seems tempting - easy to the airport, great reviews that I've seen, and great rooms in a newish hotel. Any and all inputs welcomed.

thanks in advance as ever, FT.
I've had breakfast at the JW & can confirm that it was on par with the breakfast at Maurya. But keep in mind that this was pre-covid so not sure how the breakfast is at either hotel these days.

Besides that, I would pick the JW over Maurya in terms of location. Aerocity has a lot of restaurants within walking distance to the JW.
cricketer and GUWonder like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
I've had breakfast at the JW & can confirm that it was on par with the breakfast at Maurya. But keep in mind that this was pre-covid so not sure how the breakfast is at either hotel these days.

Besides that, I would pick the JW over Maurya in terms of location. Aerocity has a lot of restaurants within walking distance to the JW.
I stayed at both the Maurya and the JW several times pre-covid, and at the JW about 2 weeks ago. The breakfast at the JW has held up well and I would say that it's on par with the Maurya's pre-covid offering. For dinner and otherwise, the Maurya does offer more restaurant options, but the JW's restaurant is also good. Location wise, it's mostly up to the OP, but proximity/time to the airport is a nice feature of the JW. I also prefer the rooms at the JW, but that is more of a personal taste/preference thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.