Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
At the JW now - very happy with it. Room is nice, though it was sold out with no upgrade available even as a Titanium! No complaints though. Breakfast has been fantastic and clearly fully operational, and I'm about 10 kilos heavier after two days of it.

Going back to the Maurya on the way back next week, so I'll get a clear comparison in short order. Mostly doing that to enjoy a dinner at Bukhara after a decade.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
At the JW now - very happy with it. Room is nice, though it was sold out with no upgrade available even as a Titanium! No complaints though. Breakfast has been fantastic and clearly fully operational, and I'm about 10 kilos heavier after two days of it.

Going back to the Maurya on the way back next week, so I'll get a clear comparison in short order. Mostly doing that to enjoy a dinner at Bukhara after a decade.
The JW in aerocity treated me extremely well when I was there last October. Upgrade to a really nice suite. My son and I will be there on Monday next week. And again on Friday along with my parents.

Pro tip. They have white unsalted butter by the station that makes dosas. I think I blew one of the chefs minds when I used that to mix with the spicy powder. See the bowl on the left side,
Old Mar 17, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by CuppedUp
The JW in aerocity treated me extremely well when I was there last October. Upgrade to a really nice suite. My son and I will be there on Monday next week. And again on Friday along with my parents.

Pro tip. They have white unsalted butter by the station that makes dosas. I think I blew one of the chefs minds when I used that to mix with the spicy powder. See the bowl on the left side,
Stay was fantastic, would go back without hesitation. Especially at $100 a night, wow. Might have had one or more plates that looked like yours above. And maybe several other plates of other stuff too. I did find the butter near the parathas, helped balance out the green vegetable I accidentally ingested during my meal. That spicy powder is beautiful when mixed with sesame oil - good call on using the butter though! Personally I'm all about the coconut chutney - eat it like a bowl of cereal - the dosa or idli is just to provide vehicle.

At the ITC Maurya now on my return leg. Looking forward to the breakfast tomorrow (after dinner at Bukhara tonight, of course). Was always one of my favourite breakfasts in India along with the Grand Chola in Chennai. Haven't been here since 2013, so looking forward to comparing with the JW.

I look forward to the day when US properties have this kind of free breakfast for elites.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Stay was fantastic, would go back without hesitation. Especially at $100 a night, wow. Might have had one or more plates that looked like yours above. And maybe several other plates of other stuff too. I did find the butter near the parathas, helped balance out the green vegetable I accidentally ingested during my meal. That spicy powder is beautiful when mixed with sesame oil - good call on using the butter though! Personally I'm all about the coconut chutney - eat it like a bowl of cereal - the dosa or idli is just to provide vehicle.

At the ITC Maurya now on my return leg. Looking forward to the breakfast tomorrow (after dinner at Bukhara tonight, of course). Was always one of my favourite breakfasts in India along with the Grand Chola in Chennai. Haven't been here since 2013, so looking forward to comparing with the JW.

I look forward to the day when US properties have this kind of free breakfast for elites.
If you have had Bukhara before but not Dum Phukt at Maurya it's just another level. We were there for 3 nights, 1 night we had dinner in Dum Phukt and once in Bukhara. The kebabs at Dum Phukt were so amazing, you can taste each and every spice. Followed by some Cigars and drinks at the bar outside (not sure if open during Covid though?).
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by kumarshah
If you have had Bukhara before but not Dum Phukt at Maurya it's just another level. We were there for 3 nights, 1 night we had dinner in Dum Phukt and once in Bukhara. The kebabs at Dum Phukt were so amazing, you can taste each and every spice. Followed by some Cigars and drinks at the bar outside (not sure if open during Covid though?).
Have had both (though not since 2013 for either) - and agreed, Dum Pukht is stunning. It was a tough choice, but the raan at Bukhara won out in the end. Both are open till midnight though, so maybe I'll do a quick second dinner...

[a few hours later] well, that was prescient of me. We in fact ended up having two dinners. Focal points being the raan at Bukhara, and the kakori kebab at Dum Pukht. And while I've never found a raan anywhere else that lives up to the one at Bukhara, I have to say, that kebab was truly out of this world. The desserts that followed were amazing too. Might not be able to fit into my clothes tomorrow, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Last edited by cricketer; Mar 17, 2022 at 11:04 am Reason: updated information
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:44 pm

Absolutely no contest here, the JW Marriott breakfast is currently on another level from the Maurya. Not even worth debating. I was sent upstairs at the Maurya because the main restaurant was full, and the upstairs felt almost pathetic (it wasn't - crushes any US based breakfast by a mile) but I went back downstairs to look around and it really wasn't much different - just a few extra items. Compare that to the 16 distinct stations/sections at the JW - well as I said, you can't.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

How are the rooms at Le Meridien? It seems the hotel was renovated last in 2011 so is one of the older hard products in Delhi.

Looking for a 2 day stay.

Originally Posted by schley
Going with Le Meridien as coming this June..... thanks for the information guys.
Hey - how was your stay? How was the room?

Last edited by kumarshah; Apr 3, 2022 at 6:01 am
Old Apr 3, 2022, 5:26 pm

Posted this on a different Delhi hotels thread. Reposting here as it’s Bonvoy specific.

Just wrapped up a great spring break with my son in india. We stayed in two properties in Delhi. One night just the two of us at the JW. And 3 nights split between the Le Meridien and the JW along with my parents.

Both properties are highly recommended. Incredible service and soft product. The LM is a little older but the location can’t be beat.

I do have to give a shout out to the duty manager at the LM. I’d booked two rooms for us. He came over when we were checking in and spontaneously upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite. Completely unexpected and made our stay that much more comfortable. Being on the 19th floor and watching eagles flying below us was quite the sight.

The JW upgraded us to their suites each night we were there. And their sous chef did remember me from last year. He made my boys breakfast quite spectacular.

I’d recommend either one whole heartedly to anyone visiting Delhi.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CuppedUp
Posted this on a different Delhi hotels thread. Reposting here as it’s Bonvoy specific.

Just wrapped up a great spring break with my son in india. We stayed in two properties in Delhi. One night just the two of us at the JW. And 3 nights split between the Le Meridien and the JW along with my parents.

Both properties are highly recommended. Incredible service and soft product. The LM is a little older but the location can’t be beat.

I do have to give a shout out to the duty manager at the LM. I’d booked two rooms for us. He came over when we were checking in and spontaneously upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite. Completely unexpected and made our stay that much more comfortable. Being on the 19th floor and watching eagles flying below us was quite the sight.

The JW upgraded us to their suites each night we were there. And their sous chef did remember me from last year. He made my boys breakfast quite spectacular.

I’d recommend either one whole heartedly to anyone visiting Delhi.
Great, thanks for the insight.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
How do the Le Meridien and the Westin compare? I have a 5 night week-stay for business end of April and the rates are similar. My work will be in Gurgaon and both are equally convenient based on the meetings in the Gurgaon area. I don't see a lot of comments on Westin - my Indian colleagues seem to prefer the Westin over LM.

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:46 pm

I’ve stayed once at the Westin Gurgaon last Oct. it was excellent. Great suite upgrade. Very good food offerings at breakfast. Service was commendable. Chefs made me a care package to take home.

porphyra likes this.

Last edited by CuppedUp; Apr 8, 2022 at 4:10 pm
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the feedback. I do have Westin Gurgaon booked for now. Were they proactive with the Suite upgrade or did you have to prod a little? I have a 5 night stay so I feel it probably won't be easy getting a suite upgrade unless they have low availability.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by porphyra
Thanks for the feedback. I do have Westin Gurgaon booked for now. Were they proactive with the Suite upgrade or did you have to prod a little? I have a 5 night stay so I feel it probably won't be easy getting a suite upgrade unless they have low availability.
I used an SNA which cleared 5 days out. YMMV.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 5:30 am

One point of feedback. I’ve read on here about the taxes and such on upgrades. I wasn’t charged anything for the upgraded suites in Delhi/Gurgaon/Bangalore/Jaipur. The only property that might have done so is the CY in Amritsar. But their folios are indecipherable. I’ll try and make some sense out of them. That probably was my least enjoyable stay in India. Luckily it was just the one night.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Delhi: JW Marriott Aerocity or Le Meridien

Hi -

I am traveling to Delhi on a Mileage Run. Will have one night/day in Delhi. I have never been and trying to see how to best maximize my time + have best hotel experience. I arrive DEL at 6:20pm on a Saturday and depart the following day at 7:55pm. I do want to at least see something in Delhi - but also looking for ease. Planning on using the Airport Express train regardless of where I stay to get into Delhi. Any suggestions where to stay on such a quick turn? BTW I am a Bonvoy Titanium.

Appreciate your insights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.