Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Look again. IIRC, there are now two full service Hiltons and one HGI in Delhi. One of the Hiltons (Eros) used to the Intercon Nehru Place till last year. The club facilites there are quite decent.
I stand corrected...there are indeed some options...six total including a couple DT's and the Eros. I will head to their board to check them out further...guess they could be an option if I decide to go with a 4-night stay or even shorter (since I seem to get certificates from their promos every now and then).
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:28 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by pinniped
I stand corrected...there are indeed some options...six total including a couple DT's and the Eros. I will head to their board to check them out further...guess they could be an option if I decide to go with a 4-night stay or even shorter (since I seem to get certificates from their promos every now and then).
For the Eros, go to the ICH board instead and search for "Nehru Place". The Hilton Janak Puri has got some good reviews, but I don't like the location personally. The Eros is in a more appealing part of town for me.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
My question here is whether the LM at least upgrades Platinums to King beds. It looks like award only guarantees a Queen bed. I don't care about suites on this one - since I'm not a 50-night Platinum I'm assuming I will have no chance at a suite anyway - but getting a decent bed is certainly important.

Location wise, I think I'm hearing that the LM is best. I don't care about being in the "diplomatic enclave" - I assume that's just the part of town where most of the embassies are.
definitely stay at the lm....overall i feel its the best spg property in delhi....also, as a plat you will in all probability be upgraded to a suite....i have stayed here a few times & have a lot of clients who stay here very often....i have never heard of a plat member not getting a suite here....
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
definitely stay at the lm....overall i feel its the best spg property in delhi....also, as a plat you will in all probability be upgraded to a suite....i have stayed here a few times & have a lot of clients who stay here very often....i have never heard of a plat member not getting a suite here....
I agree. And have been similarly upgraded at the LM. Although I never really got used to all the cow hide furniture in the room.

Cheers,
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:36 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I've stayed here tens of times. Great upgrades, lounge isn't bad. The dining options are good. Overall a great property. That said, for those that don't need to be in Delhi for meetings or sightseeing the Westin Delhi in Gurgaon is awesome!

Originally Posted by Flews
I agree. And have been similarly upgraded at the LM. Although I never really got used to all the cow hide furniture in the room.

Cheers,
I've seen these rooms but don't think I ever stayed in one. Too bright for me. Also I think the rack rate for these rooms is significantly higher so the taxes are significantly higher.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by yosithezet
the Westin Delhi in Gurgaon
An oxymoron if ever there was one!

Agree on the hotel though. The bar with that huge tree trunk bar counter is lovely. The buffet spread in the main restaurant is quite nice as well. Especially for bubbly laced Sunday brunches!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Only reason I don't expect an upgrade at the LM is that I'm not a 50-night Platinum. I won't have the Suite Nights credits, and I'm guessing that starting March 1st you'll need those to ever see a true suite again at a Starwood.

Still, it looks like LM is the right answer for this one.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:56 am

Only reason I don't expect an upgrade at the LM is that I'm not a 50-night Platinum. I won't have the Suite Nights credits, and I'm guessing that starting March 1st you'll need those to ever see a true suite again at a Starwood.
Totally disagree. From my calculations it seems that this property has at least 8 suites per floor. You should expect a suite upgrade at this property and I don't believe the Suite Night credits will have the impact you think it will have at least in Asia. Of course time will tell.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Totally disagree. From my calculations it seems that this property has at least 8 suites per floor. You should expect a suite upgrade at this property and I don't believe the Suite Night credits will have the impact you think it will have at least in Asia. Of course time will tell.
That's good to know. I'll keep my fingers crossed! It does seem like the few LM's at which I've stayed in the past (mainly Europe and NA) do tend to have a greater mix of suites and junior suites. Hopefully that'll help. Also, the more I dig into travel options in India, the more I think we're going to spend fewer nights actually in Delhi. This north/east area of India seems to have so many other cities that beckon a night or two on their own...not just daytrips...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:14 am

We did a triangle tour in 2008 staying at SPG properties. You could drive to Jaipur, see the sights and stay at the Sheraton Rajputana Palace Hotel, Jaipur. The next morning drive to see Fatehpur Sikri and continue to see the Taj in Agra. Overnight at the ITC Mughal, Agra. The next morning drive back to Delhi, see some sights and stay at the Le Meridien Delhi. If you were to do it in the opposite direction you could start the first night in the Westin Delhi-Gurgaon and you'd be 45 mins to an hour closer to Agra than starting in Delhi proper.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I won't have the Suite Nights credits, and I'm guessing that starting March 1st you'll need those to ever see a true suite again at a Starwood.
i would be extremely surprised if this happened, specially in asia....but then again, stranger things have happened....
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Agreed, was upgraded to a nice suite in late Dec.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Any updates?

Hi Everyone,
As this thread is fairly old, I wanted to see if anyone has changed/updated their position on which Starwood property in Delhi. I'm debating between the ITC and LM-- I'll be using points, but this year have no status with SPG so upgrade potential is not an issue. I stayed at the LM a few years ago, and it was ok, but nothing exceptional. I've never stayed at the ITC, though I've eaten at Bukhara a few times (though, again, this was a few years ago, and it sounds as if the food quality has declined).
Which do those of you who have stayed in Delhi recently think is the better property for 10K points/night?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hi Everyone,
As this thread is fairly old, I wanted to see if anyone has changed/updated their position on which Starwood property in Delhi. I'm debating between the ITC and LM-- I'll be using points, but this year have no status with SPG so upgrade potential is not an issue. I stayed at the LM a few years ago, and it was ok, but nothing exceptional. I've never stayed at the ITC, though I've eaten at Bukhara a few times (though, again, this was a few years ago, and it sounds as if the food quality has declined).
Which do those of you who have stayed in Delhi recently think is the better property for 10K points/night?
the itc maurya is a better property but the le méridien is in a better location....personally i would pick the le méridien at a plat but if you have no status with spg then go for the itc maurya....
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat - Ambassador Managed, VS Gold, Krisflyer Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by whimsey21
Hi Everyone,
Hi, given your status I would stay at ITC for sure.

I stayed in the LM 95 nights last year and 25 nights at the ITC. The ITC was a much better experience for me. Nicer bed, better service level & great food options. I didn't enjoy the food at LM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.