Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT PLT, SPG PLT
Just checked in today as a Plat for a 5-night stay booked on points.

Was upgraded from a Deluxe Room to Beachfront Cottage without my asking.

Negotiated a $200++/night upgrade to an Overwater Villa. Ocean Villa was available at the same price but they are not family-friendly (located at the far-edge of the resort near the club which does not permit children under 13).

I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel will upgrade guests with children under 12 to overwater properties despite prominent messaging on the website that this is prohibited.

I had to sign a voucher indemnifying Starwood and the Hotel of any liability if anything happens to my 2-year-old daughter as a result of our stay in an Overwater Villa.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:51 am

Can anyone comment on lounge access? Is it solely for platinum? I ask because I read a review on SPG.com where a gold member was talking about how nice the lounge is. I assume gold does not get access, but if anyone has experience please let me know!

Also, if I have a friend book the room on my behalf using points, and they're platinum, is there a chance I might be extended their platinum upgrade? (again, assume no, but it'd be nice!)
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: All of Them
Was looking at this property today and Hot Escape price is $606/night for over water bungalow with club privileges. Seems like a great deal (for the Maldives). Should I jump?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I will be going to the Maldives in August for 3 nights. Just noticed rates of $222 for a basic room (will take my chances on an upgrade). This seems like a pretty good rate. Right now I am booked using 20K pts/night. Should I be jumping on the $222 rate?

BTW, this is a classic example of creating my own C&P at a much cheaper rate than what SPG is offering.

SPG: $180 + 10K points

If I book 2 revenue nights + 1 reward night, it works out to $444 + 20K points or $148 + 6700 pts/night.

If I book 1 revenue night + 2 reward nights, it works out to $222 + 40K pts or $74 + 13,300 pts/night.

(I know some people will say to book 3 revenue nights, but taxes are 13.2% + 10% service charge, plus the Cdn dollar is in terrible shape right now, so that would be too much money for me. I'm just looking for a way to save some SPG points.)
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite
Just got back from staying here for our 10th wedding anniversary... the staff was excellent, especially the club staff. I highly recommend heading there for breakfast and evening drinks.

As a platinum, we were upgraded to the Overwater Bungalow, which easily made the $130 per person transfer of 10 minutes from the airport more palatable.

I also highly recommend the snorkeling tour.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I will be going to the Maldives in August for 3 nights. Just noticed rates of $222 for a basic room (will take my chances on an upgrade). This seems like a pretty good rate. Right now I am booked using 20K pts/night. Should I be jumping on the $222 rate?

BTW, this is a classic example of creating my own C&P at a much cheaper rate than what SPG is offering.

SPG: $180 + 10K points

If I book 2 revenue nights + 1 reward night, it works out to $444 + 20K points or $148 + 6700 pts/night.

If I book 1 revenue night + 2 reward nights, it works out to $222 + 40K pts or $74 + 13,300 pts/night.

(I know some people will say to book 3 revenue nights, but taxes are 13.2% + 10% service charge, plus the Cdn dollar is in terrible shape right now, so that would be too much money for me. I'm just looking for a way to save some SPG points.)
With that rate, book as many as you can afford and points to supplement. Have stayed here and enjoyed my time especially for that rate.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley
With that rate, book as many as you can afford and points to supplement. Have stayed here and enjoyed my time especially for that rate.
Thanks for the confirmation. Apparently sale is on until March 30. I've burned through almost 300K points so far this year and I need to find the right balance of cash vs points.

Great to hear from atxtraveler that an OTW upgrade is a possibility! Out of curiosity, did you use SNAs? I did and I'm wondering if I should remove it. In Macao, a friend who didn't use SNAs got a much better upgrade than I did with my SNA.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:35 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I would, as a Canadian, be using a cash rate instead of 20,000 points, but everyone is different.

On my visit in 2012, I didn't find the resort beach all to spectacular compared to what the Maldives have to offer.

You may wish to budget some funds for excursions off resort (snorkling etc.) by using points.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC 1MM SE, Marriott Bonvoy L/T Titanium Elite, AA EXP, HH G
A quick question for margarita girl: Where did you find the $222 nightly rate on sale until March 30 at the Sheraton Maldives? I am planning a 6 night stay in August as well but the best rates I can find are for $250 with my corporate plan. As a fellow Canuck our worthless dollar is indeed painful so any help with rates would be appreciated!

On another note some questions for all: I am needing 2 rooms for 6 nights (one for us, another for 18+21 yo kids) . Hoping for OWBs for at least one or room, preferably both. Current strategy is 1st room cash for 6 nights with SNA's for last 5 days (arriving midnight so not important for 1st night). 2nd room cash first night and 80k points for remaining 5 (5 nights for 4 promo).

1. Am I wasting SNA's and should count rather on Platinum U/G's instead (per margarita girl's dilemma)?
2. Should I use 1 SNA the first night for each room and hope we don't get moved / downgraded?
3. Will SNA's get an OWB or rather only a villa/cottage?
4. If we only get 1 OWB, then other room will be far away. If we ask for preference of rooms close to each other will that hurt or help U/G chances to OWB??
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:58 pm

atxtraveler: Can you provide some more details on which 'snorkeling tour' you booked. Where did you go? Who was the tour provider? Booked at/through the resort?

Any other tour/excursion suggestions highly welcome! We are traveling with 18 + 21 yo daughters so looking for some entertaining activities that showcase the Maldives.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by DrRx
A quick question for margarita girl: Where did you find the $222 nightly rate on sale until March 30 at the Sheraton Maldives? I am planning a 6 night stay in August as well but the best rates I can find are for $250 with my corporate plan. As a fellow Canuck our worthless dollar is indeed painful so any help with rates would be appreciated!

On another note some questions for all: I am needing 2 rooms for 6 nights (one for us, another for 18+21 yo kids) . Hoping for OWBs for at least one or room, preferably both. Current strategy is 1st room cash for 6 nights with SNA's for last 5 days (arriving midnight so not important for 1st night). 2nd room cash first night and 80k points for remaining 5 (5 nights for 4 promo).

1. Am I wasting SNA's and should count rather on Platinum U/G's instead (per margarita girl's dilemma)?
2. Should I use 1 SNA the first night for each room and hope we don't get moved / downgraded?
3. Will SNA's get an OWB or rather only a villa/cottage?
4. If we only get 1 OWB, then other room will be far away. If we ask for preference of rooms close to each other will that hurt or help U/G chances to OWB??
1) since youre staying for 6 nights, id suggest using SNA for 2nd and 3rd night (as youve mentioned youll be arriving past midnight on the 1st night). Was there last year and they didnt bother moving me the 2nd day (used SNA 1st night on 3 night stay). This however is not a guarantee youd be staying at OWB for all 6 nights. There are quite a number of plats who stay there.

2) SNA is for OWB, not too sure about villa/cottage. Also previous years, OWB was the "standard suite" for compli plat upgrades. (Chexk the reviews at spg.com)

3) yes it will hurt your chances for OWB as they are at the far end corner to begin with (by spa). Cottages are in the middle'ish on the island and as far as ive seen, are not side by side by OWB.

4) all activities have to be booked through hotel.

5) enjoy! Hope youd get the OWB, you can see baby sharks swimming at 5-6 am directly beneath the OWB!

Last edited by supatight80; Mar 23, 2015 at 1:55 pm
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DrRx
Just checked the rates day by day on SPG site and it looks like the $222 rate is available every day in August except for Aug 8-10 when it jumps to $400/night. (Do your dates include those?) It's described as:
Limited Time Offer: Save up to 50 percent! Breakfast
What's irritating is the 23% taxes/service charges that are tagged on to the rate. So $222 is really $273. And that does not include the $136/person for the boat transfer fee.

It would appear that if you book with points, you can avoid the 10% service charge too.

Maybe I'm too cheap/frugal to be going to nice places. LOL
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:35 pm

Thanks m'girl! After I posted I also found the 'Limited Time Offer' on the hotel web site (vs the SPG site), but of course my dates include the August 8-10 dates smack in the middle . I could split my reservation into 3 pieces to save $27/day for 3 days vs the $250 rate I currently have, but I'm not sure the savings would be worth the eventual confusion that might jeopardize a continuous U/G.

For me the challenge is to be cheap/frugal AND go to nice places. Thus our participation in these forums!
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:42 pm

Thanks supatight80 for the advice! Your SNA for nights 2/3 seems like a good strategy. Only problem is that I would need to slice my cash reservation into 3 pieces to apply SNAs to only nights 2/3. Or do you think the SPG Plat folks could work that out? On the other reservation using points though, if I slice up the reservation to use SNAs in the middle I would loose the '5th night free' points promo. First world problems, ya I know ....
Old May 28, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay reports?

Thanks in advance.

(trying to decide between here and Park Hyatt. My understanding is the latter is far more superior in every aspects except transportation between resort and MLE)

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; May 29, 2015 at 3:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.