Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: SPG-PL
Planning a trip Oct 20 to 27

I have been a platinum member since 2009 and shyly my life's dream was to save enough points for the Maldives.

Here's what I thought was a great deal:

1 room 2 guest: 8000 points +$150 USD per night, 7 nights totalling 56000 points plus $1050 USD n taxes
1 room 3 guests: 129000 points for 7 nights

I used 7 suite upgrades for the 2 guest room, and chose the OWB...

The 3 guest room the only available room is the king cottage, which rollaway bed "may" cost me $100 but because I already spent more points for 3 guests the customer rep said it "might" not end up being charged.

transportation to hotel: $113 per person

I was pretty excited, to be able to go on my honeymoon trip with my parents and my sister and husband...I have read it's so beautiful there that I want my parents to see this place too.

Is it really a tour group filled hotel? Is it true that the OWB is small, cramped with no AC in the shower? Is there really NO Reef to snorkel on this island? Is it really noisy can hear the airplanes?

Is it really not worth it to spend 185,000 points + nearly $2000 USD (including cash paid taxes paid and the speed boat charge for 5) for 7 nights here?

I apologize for being slightly emotional, I've been wanting to go to Maldives since year 2000 (i'm not kidding) and all I did for the last 5 years being Platinum is saving my points for Maldives...

Thanks for any replies...I appreciate it.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Having stayed at this hotel for a quick getaway with the girlfriend I would not recommend this place for a honeymoon. It is just another big resort on an island that really had nothing special going. My girlfriend considered this to be another Sheraton that could be found in Fiji for example. We could have gone to Fiji again ~3hrs away from SYD then travelling 15 hours to MLE.

As it is only a stone's throw away from Male, you can see/hear planes come and go. Granted planes only comes and goes once in a while, it is still enough to make you realise that you aren't too far away from the world.

For a honeymoon, I would want tranquility, personalised and attentive service, secluded location, and one that involved getting there on a sea plane The Sheraton Full Moon offered none of this to us.

As others have mentioned, the Sheraton is great for a "transit accommodation" where you spend the day/overnight there and then move to another "real" Maldives island/resort for the bulk of your holiday.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by chicky81
I have been a platinum member since 2009 and shyly my life's dream was to save enough points for the Maldives.

1 room 2 guest: 8000 points +$150 USD per night, 7 nights totalling 56000 points plus $1050 USD n taxes

The 3 guest room the only available room is the king cottage, which rollaway bed "may" cost me $100 but because I already spent more points for 3 guests the customer rep said it "might" not end up being charged.

I was pretty excited, to be able to go on my honeymoon trip with my parents and my sister and husband...I have read it's so beautiful there that I want my parents to see this place too.

Is it really a tour group filled hotel? Is it true that the OWB is small, cramped with no AC in the shower? Is there really NO Reef to snorkel on this island? Is it really noisy can hear the airplanes?

Is it really not worth it to spend 185,000 points + nearly $2000 USD (including cash paid taxes paid and the speed boat charge for 5) for 7 nights here?

I apologize for being slightly emotional, I've been wanting to go to Maldives since year 2000 (i'm not kidding) and all I did for the last 5 years being Platinum is saving my points for Maldives...

I would spend your points somewhere like the Le Meridian Khao Lak (check out their thread-everyone loves it and I've been there a few times) and upgrade to the beachfront bungalow, which seems to be available often.
I would stock up on Hilton or Hyatt points (easy with credit card sign-ups) for a trip to the Maldives later as just a couple.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
This hotel is not what you are looking for. You're mind is full of brochure images of Maldivan beauty and true overwater bungalows off a small atoll. This isn't it.

Go to W, or Hilton.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
honeymoon trip with my parents and my sister and husband.
2 advices:

- for the honeymoon trip, choose between the husband (listed last!) and his mother in law.
(Just kidding)

- for a turquoise atoll + OWB at a Starwood property: Le Meridien Bora Bora.

The W Maldives or the St Regis Bora Bora might be high for your points or $ budget (do not forget to put aside some addtl money for the transfers and meals)

If not a Starwood property, there are several nice choices in the Maldives or French Polynesia.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UASPG
2 advices:

- for the honeymoon trip, choose between the husband (listed last!) and his mother in law.
(Just kidding)
my thoughts exactly....
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:09 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red

Sorry to mention this but if it is your honeymoon and dream to go to the Maldives why go to theSheraton (know you want to use points) but for someone from the US (assume you are from there) to travel all that way to go to what really appears to be a stop off for the further out islands would be sad. To be honest I havent been there but from reading reviews and have emailed the hotel a few times, upgrades seem to be very rare, you have to pay to go snorkelling (?what in the Maldives!) and food is as expensive as the high end resorts, if points or budget can stretch try the W Retreat, even if you go for half the time, sorry to be negative but if this is your dream holiday and you have saved for 5 years for this trip, I think you will be sorely disappointed and miss out, there are some amazing non Starwood hotels out there, Soneva Gilli, Conrad, Taj, I would just pay for a holiday package which oftens works out a lot cheaper with many more inc lusions that just a room.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold

Please please don't do this. Sheraton is not the Maldives you are dreaming of. Transfer your points to Virgin Atlantic, then transfer them to Hilton. And book your dream vacation at Conrad Maldives. That is the Maldives you are dreaming of. And send your parents alone to Maldives once you have experienced it. Honeymoon is meant for just the 2 of you.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:23 am

I see I see

Originally Posted by yoonny
Please please don't do this. Sheraton is not the Maldives you are dreaming of. Transfer your points to Virgin Atlantic, then transfer them to Hilton. And book your dream vacation at Conrad Maldives. That is the Maldives you are dreaming of. And send your parents alone to Maldives once you have experienced it. Honeymoon is meant for just the 2 of you.
Thank you everyone for your kind comments, I gathered as such reading through every page of this forum that this is not the dream place to be and I have decided to either look into staying at W with my limited points + pay some nights with cash. Right now I have been told that it is 56000 points per night at the W because they consider every room a suite, and then there's a promotional 10% offer (non refundable) for $832 a night, and apparently during low season the rate is the same.

May I ask the stupid question of how to transfer points to Virgin Atlantic and then Hilton? I used to be HH Diamond for quite a few years and then I lost it last year. I have heard the Conrad is worth every penny/points, and I found out if I move my dates to end September, it's only $482 a night plus taxes instead of the high season $880ish.

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Gold
While the W is nice, that is a lot of valuable SPG points to burn. I don't want to crapshoot this thread as it is for the Sheraton property so I will PM you.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
After staying at the W for my honeymoon a month ago, I can say the W is worth every single cent of what seems to be an inflated rate structure.

The service we received there was the best of any SPG property and they really went out of the way to recognize SPG Platinum status- daily gifts, upgrade to one of the amazing two bedroom overwater villas, and personalized attention that was not overbearing.

Check the SPG Breakfast rates- sometimes those are a little bit better than the BAR. Also, if you secure a reservation that you can cancel later, hold a room and then keep an eye out for Starpicks- the original rate we booked of $1243 was cut to $617 one week on Starpicks.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Peatisback
After staying at the W for my honeymoon a month ago, I can say the W is worth every single cent of what seems to be an inflated rate structure.

The service we received there was the best of any SPG property and they really went out of the way to recognize SPG Platinum status- daily gifts, upgrade to one of the amazing two bedroom overwater villas, and personalized attention that was not overbearing.

Check the SPG Breakfast rates- sometimes those are a little bit better than the BAR. Also, if you secure a reservation that you can cancel later, hold a room and then keep an eye out for Starpicks- the original rate we booked of $1243 was cut to $617 one week on Starpicks.
Glad to know u had a great time. Did u pay $617 a night? Did u use any reward points?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Glad to know u had a great time. Did u pay $617 a night? Did u use any reward points?
Using Starpoints for these "specialty" properties is a rip off. You are better off moving your Starpoints to Virgin Atlantic and then converting them to Hilton HHonors and booking one of the Hilton properties in Maldives.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC

Thanks
The $617/night rate was from Starpicks. It is crazy to use Starpoints for any kind of award at this property- everything is insanely inflated (so to answer your question- no, I did not use a single Starpoint).
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
is ABF now inclusive for Plat ?

Is the bereakfast buffet now inclusive for Platinum members ? If yes, is it a choice of the welcome gift ? ( instead of getting the 500 points ).
I looking for 7th. late SQ arrival or 8th. until 12th. march.
I found C&P for 8k + 150$ available
stand. rate is 560++ $
and an overwater only cost 39$ more ! 593 US$++
what if we book the overwater bungl. ( chances to get upgr. to overwater villa ? )
I also considered to stay at CONRAD, already transfered MR points to VS and forward to HH to have soon aprox 160k HH
The problem my desired dates are not available @ CONRAD and the flights are already booked ( USair award HKT-BKK-SIN-MLE-SIN-BKK-HKT for 30k miles per person all in business class TG/SQ . ) The next availability I found for CONRAD is 05.APR, so I would need to change my USair tix.
For us Maledives is much closer than BORA BORA or Fidji, and also less expensive, and most important the OWB experience my wife is dreaming about.
A revenue rate @ CONRAD comes out @ least 1250 US$ per night ( not in an OWB !!! ) and the flights to there is also a total 1000 US$ more for both of us.
Also the breakfast is an important question ( if already inclusive for Plat., it also saves aprox 75 $ per day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.