Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:55 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by pokeable
1) You can transfer 20K spg points into 25K Virgin Atlantic miles. You need to create a VA account if you don't have one, obv. (MUST be in increments of 20K to get the 20K + 5K bonus for the transfer)
2) After about 5-7 business days, you can transfer the 25K VA miles into 25K HH points.

It will help if you are a Hilton Plat. for Conrad availability; I briefly looked, and couldn't find any availability for a lowly Gold up to a year out.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong Maldives folk, but isn't September during one of the monsoon seasons?
20k SPG will result in 25k HHonors. Thus, one can have either one night in the Conrad or four nights in the Sheraton. I'd clearly go for the latter!

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Why not get you and the wife a chase Hyatt card and get a total of four free nights to use at the park Hyatt Maldives and you can upgrade to a OW villa for $350 per night.

I think the best options in Maldives for points are PH and the Conrad

Conrad... 95k per night... A HORRIBLE redemption rate!

Question to the folks: What makes the Sheraton Full Moon so much worse than the Conrad?

Last edited by TallestHotelInJapan; Nov 6, 2013 at 2:14 am
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Kids policy

Q1. Hotel website says: "kids are not ENCOURAGED to stay @ overwater bungalows and villa" Anybody stayed with kids (say 5 & 7 y. o.)? How strict is the policy? My kids swim well...
Q2. Would they charge kids for breakfast? At many hotels I have recently stayed, Plat breakfast amenity was extended to me, Mrs + both kids for free.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:32 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Medved
Q1. Hotel website says: "kids are not ENCOURAGED to stay @ overwater bungalows and villa" Anybody stayed with kids (say 5 & 7 y. o.)? How strict is the policy? My kids swim well...
I found the current on the north side of the property (where the water villa's are located) to be quite strong. I know this because we spent 30 exhausting minutes trying to snorkel there.

As a dad myself, I probably wouldn't recommend it. However you could probably get away with it if you were confident they wouldn't get out in the night.

No idea on the breakfast - although it was buffet offering only (no a la carte) and $22 USD per Person in 2012.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I found the current on the north side of the property (where the water villa's are located) to be quite strong. I know this because we spent 30 exhausting minutes trying to snorkel there.

As a dad myself, I probably wouldn't recommend it. However you could probably get away with it if you were confident they wouldn't get out in the night.

No idea on the breakfast - although it was buffet offering only (no a la carte) and $22 USD per Person in 2012.
Thanks! No, I wasn't talking about unsupervised kids swimming in the ocean or getting out alone at night -- what probably hotel is mostly afraid of because of liability.
From other threads I get that Plats get full buffet as a Plat amenity for 2 adults. Question is whether kids also get this for free or maybe reduced fee.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
20k SPG will result in 25k HHonors. Thus, one can have either one night in the Conrad or four nights in the Sheraton. I'd clearly go for the latter!

I must be missing something... everyone is saying to transfer 20K SPG for 25K (or 50K) HH points. The quote above seems to suggest that you can get one night at the Conrad for this amount. I looked online and its 95K for one night at the lowest level room and 500K for the ocean villa. How is everyone getting these low redemption rates and why is the transfer from VS to HH such a good idea?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PrivatePilot
I must be missing something... everyone is saying to transfer 20K SPG for 25K (or 50K) HH points. The quote above seems to suggest that you can get one night at the Conrad for this amount. I looked online and its 95K for one night at the lowest level room and 500K for the ocean villa. How is everyone getting these low redemption rates and why is the transfer from VS to HH such a good idea?

Thank you for pointing out this. I verfied the information.

20k SPG = 25k Virgin Atlantic (Source)
25k VA = 50k HHonors (Source)

Hence, we have two nights at Sheraton versus one night at Conrad. This is a much better rate than what I thought. And yet, I have my doubts that the Conrad is twice as "good" as the Sheraton.

Then, for Diamond (and probably also for Gold) members, it costs 76k pN if you book five nights at HHonors.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
It used to cost 50K per night or lower when redeemed part of VIP package.

Thank you for pointing out this. I verfied the information.

20k SPG = 25k Virgin Atlantic (Source)
25k VA = 50k HHonors (Source)

Hence, we have two nights at Sheraton versus one night at Conrad. This is a much better rate than what I thought. And yet, I have my doubts that the Conrad is twice as "good" as the Sheraton.

Then, for Diamond (and probably also for Gold) members, it costs 76k pN if you book five nights at HHonors.
You really cannot compare these two properties and I have stayed at both of them. The Sheraton is fine for a quick overnight or two, but not worth traveling to Maldives by itself.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Can you please give us some ideas why you are under the impression that the Conrad is so much better than the Sheraton and why the Sheraton is not worth to be the main destination?

I saw so far the Holiday Inn, the Hilton and the Conrad. In my case all of them were ok. But having the high price in mind I would not go to the Conrad because it is simply not two or three times as good as the other two hotels. So maybe I am missing something.

And as a side queston: Do the Platinum members get some benefit (beside the Intnernet, the breakfast and the occasonal upgrade) at the Sheraton, e.g. a happy hour in the eveing?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by holtju2
It used to cost 50K per night or lower when redeemed part of VIP package.
Does the VIP award still exist? (I am Gold).. I thought they were phased out years ago.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:41 am
Suspended

Does the VIP award still exist? (I am Gold).. I thought they were phased out years ago.
Not sure what you mean by "VIP package". I made two test bookings -

27 Apr - 04 May 2014

Sheraston (Platinum)
120'000 Starpoints + USD 106,06

Conrad (Diamond)
565'250 HHonors points (i.e. ~ 275k SPG points via Virgin Atlantic)

Based on what one can see on the SPG website, it seems that the Sheraton is an old and very basic hotel. On the other hand, I would expect at least an upgrade to the Cottage in Sheraton which makes the room comparable to the Conrad standard room. Water Bungalow seems to be nicer in Conrad (~80 m2) than in the Sheraton (~52 m2).

And yet, I still did not see some substantial points which are against the Sheraton and in favour of the twice as expensive Conrad.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
And yet, I still did not see some substantial points which are against the Sheraton and in favour of the twice as expensive Conrad.
the conrad is far superior in terms of pretty much everything....it feels more exclusive, it has a more luxurious atmosphere, the condition of the property & the surrounding area is better, rooms are better, etc....

having said that, i really liked the sheraton as well....for a quick 3 day getaway it was great & i would not hesitate to go back again....however, for a more luxurious & longer holiday i would pick the conrad any day....
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Keyser
the conrad is far superior in terms of pretty much everything....it feels more exclusive, it has a more luxurious atmosphere, the condition of the property & the surrounding area is better, rooms are better, etc....

having said that, i really liked the sheraton as well....for a quick 3 day getaway it was great & i would not hesitate to go back again....however, for a more luxurious & longer holiday i would pick the conrad any day....
I just came back from 4 nights at conrad.

Food was bland at both Vilu dinner and Rangali Bar lunch. Mandhoo dinner was great.

The hotel is great, but it isn't perfect. If we ever return to Maldives, we would probably opt for another chain because, although great, it wasn't special enough to return to.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stupidzbu
I just came back from 4 nights at conrad.

Food was bland at both Vilu dinner and Rangali Bar lunch. Mandhoo dinner was great.

The hotel is great, but it isn't perfect. If we ever return to Maldives, we would probably opt for another chain because, although great, it wasn't special enough to return to.
its been a number of years since i was there....everything about the hotel was great then....i agree its not perfect but i had one of my best stays ever at this property....its a shame that the food quality is not up to the mark as it used to be earlier....
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
I am SPG gold and considering staying at this property. Is there any more recent information on upgrades - i.e. if I book the cheapest Beachfront Deluxe Room, could I expect any upgrade?

thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, UA 1K 2MM, CZ Gld, VS Gld, SPG Lifetime Plt, IC PltAm, Hilton Dmd, Shangrila Diamond
Originally Posted by naparima
Maybe it's me... I live at hotels and I have probably stayed in 400 hotels over the last 10 years and I loved the Sheraton. Maybe my experience with Plat, free 7 nights because of a promo and the GM showing us a good time made things better, but I'm not jaded enough to rate the hotel down. It seems that a couple of us, want to rate the hotel down .. just because.

That being said, I would return there with my Plat ... I wouldn't go to the Park Hyatt ... simply because I had a phenomenal experience my first time.
I have stayed at this property twice as a Platinum and both times I have been very pleased at the effort the staff made to provide good benefits. The property itself has plusses and minuses - it's close to the airport but that means trash from the city is in the water. It's a nice island with lots of good rooms but at the same time there is not great snorkelling on it. Prices at the property are reasonable for extras. It is very popular with Chinese tourists

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.