Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Only to a-la-carte spending
Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2023, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I am hoping to stay here for around 12 hours, connecting from COK on to Doha and SFO. How far is the hotel from the airport? My departing flight is at 1:45am, can the hotel do speedboat transfers around 11pm?
Old Aug 13, 2023, 1:22 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
I am hoping to stay here for around 12 hours, connecting from COK on to Doha and SFO. How far is the hotel from the airport? My departing flight is at 1:45am, can the hotel do speedboat transfers around 11pm?
15 Minutes from the Airport and yes, Speedboat transfers can be at anytime.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 11:14 am

Going to the Maldives end-Nov, and debating between the Sheraton (currently booked on a cottage with Island View for 235k points, hoping to use SNAs for overwater.) or the Le Meridien (Lhaviyani Atoll) (Sunrise Overwater Villa, Ocean + Sunrise view for 263k points).

Sheraton seems to have mixed reviews, and the Le Merifien transfer cost is astronomical ($515 USD p/p!).. with the F&B prices not all that different. What would be better? Going for my honeymoon for 6 nights. Don't mind spending, but don't want to spend all my life savings either

Last edited by razorblade705; Oct 12, 2023 at 2:17 pm Reason: Update points requirements
Old Oct 10, 2023, 10:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by razorblade705
Going to the Maldives end-Nov, and debating between the Sheraton (currently booked on a cottage with Island View for 266k points, hoping to use SNAs for overwater.) or the Le Meridien (Lhaviyani Atoll) (Sunrise Overwater Villa, Ocean + Sunrise view for 263k points).

Sheraton seems to have mixed reviews, and the Le Merifien transfer cost is astronomical ($515 USD p/p!).. with the F&B prices not all that different. What would be better? Going for my honeymoon for 6 nights. Don't mind spending, but don't want to spend all my life savings either
I have not been to either one but just from following both threads (LM since it opened and this one I read from the beginning and continued to follow), I would anytime choose the LM over the Sheraton regardless of the transfer cost. Maldives is not a cheap place and skimping on the transfer cost to miss out on staying at a far superior property is not something I would recommend. And I doubt $515 pp is your life savings . Which seems to be mostly the difference in price between the two as food pricing is similar.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
I have not been to either one but just from following both threads (LM since it opened and this one I read from the beginning and continued to follow), I would anytime choose the LM over the Sheraton regardless of the transfer cost. Maldives is not a cheap place and skimping on the transfer cost to miss out on staying at a far superior property is not something I would recommend. And I doubt $515 pp is your life savings . Which seems to be mostly the difference in price between the two as food pricing is similar.
I agree that LM is better for honeymoon, but in fact in terms of F&B, I liked the offerings in Sheraton better, especially the breakfast (variety, quality, taste...).
Old Nov 13, 2023, 7:11 am

Some updates and menus:

Half Board(Breakfast, Buffet Dinner at Feast Restaurant):
Adult above 11.99 years – USD 141 nett per person per night
Child 0 to 11.99 years – Complimentary meals from kids menu while dining with the parents.

Full Board (Breakfast, 02 course Lunch and 3 course Dinner):
Adult above 11.99 years – USD 192 nett per person per night
Child 0 to 11.99 years – Complimentary meals from kids menu while dining with the parents.

All Inclusive (Breakfast, 02 course Lunch and 3 course Dinner along with Beverage):
Adult above 11.99 years – USD 281 nett per person per night

Terms and conditions
1. Half Board available at our Feast Restaurant (Buffet Restaurant)
2. Full Board available at Feast, Kakuni Hut, Masala Hut, ChopstiX, Anchorage Restaurant.
3. Additional charge of USD 60 nett)per person applicable for guest on Full Board meal plan dinning at Baan Thai and Sea Salt Restaurant
4. In Villa Dining, Destination Dining, and meals during excursions are chargeable at retail menu price.
5. Non Alcoholic Beverages for guests on Half Board meal plan (juices, soft drink, water, coffee & tea) during meal plan.

Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
What according to you makes LM better than Sheraton? They offer similar amenities and facilities right? Do you feel the beaches and water activities at LM are much better?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by aayushkumar
What according to you makes LM better than Sheraton? They offer similar amenities and facilities right? Do you feel the beaches and water activities at LM are much better?
As I said, I haven't been to either one so I'm choosing based off of reviews and what guests are saying about each one.

To me, the LM tops the Sheraton on the following:

1. Remote location which adds to the Maldives experience
2. Newer and nicer villas (this would probably be most important to me personally) and a nicer private pool if you do a pool villa
3. Better beaches
4. Superior house reef for snorkeling
5. Great offerings of water activities

F&B seem to be good at both.

I would suggest reading the LM thread to see what guests who've stayed there have to say about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.