Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
these are the informations received when booking with points

Meal supplement:

1. Half Board – US$ 120.00 per person per day; subject 10% service charge, 12% GST

- Buffet Dinner in Feast or designated venue on set menu, including water and soft drinks during meal time.

2. Full Board - US$ 150.00 per person per day; subject 10% service charge, 12% GST

- Lunch at designated venue on set menu

- Buffet dinner in Feast or designated venue on set menu, including water and soft drinks during meal time

3. All inclusive – US$ 220.00 per person per day; subject 10% service charge, 12% GST.

- Lunch at designated venue on set menu

- Buffet dinner in Feast or designated venue on set menu

- Beverages included: unlimited draught beer, house wines by glass (red, white, rose), sparkling wine, house pouring spirits (Scotch, Gin, Vodka, Rum) water, soft drinks - offered in all Bars and Restaurants between 11.00 am – Midnight 01.00 am.

Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I will post more details in the next few days but if the idea is to experience the Maldives then you really won't at this resort. I came here knowing that and only using it as a couple of days stop for ease but I couldn't wait to leave, it is neither a good option to see the Maldives or a good option as a 'cheap' beach holiday.

As for the $90 per person buffet in the evening, just avoid.
Very keen to hear more - we are doing exactly the same, 2 nights as a stopover prior to going on to the St Regis. Primarily because we are at high risk of a misconnect on the flight coming in (<1 hr connection in Colombo) so may arrive after sunset and secondarily to take a day for jet lag.

Any comments on room quality (was the bed comfortable? Was the room clean?) and on the house reef would be particularly welcome.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
4 separate requests to get shampoo and body wash in the room when you arrive (including to the manager on Duty), requests to have the resort manage get in touch ignored while having no hot water and kettles that burn you.
Sounds terrible. I had quite a good experience both times I was at this property but that was pre-merger.

As far as shampoo, etc requests, are you contacting them via Chat? That's what I would do to ensure that there is a "paper trail" which you can then present to mgmt to show how poorly they are responding to requests.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Sounds terrible. I had quite a good experience both times I was at this property but that was pre-merger.

As far as shampoo, etc requests, are you contacting them via Chat? That's what I would do to ensure that there is a "paper trail" which you can then present to mgmt to show how poorly they are responding to requests.
One of the failed requests was to the duty Manager, confirmed as the most senior person 'on property' at that time, which was about 5pm
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
One of the failed requests was to the duty Manager, confirmed as the most senior person 'on property' at that time, which was about 5pm
But are you creating a paper trail of your numerous requests?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MRT Lifetime Titanium Elite, UAL, DL, SPG
I stayed there in Sept 2018 for 5 nights and had a fun time! it was a quick, (relatively) cheap boat ride to the island. There was surfing on the back side, snorkeling, and stand up paddle boarding. The island was quiet but nice. The over water bungalows were really nice!! I would recommend going there. I may even do a stop there on my honeymoon next year. Beautiful sunsets at the restaurant. I also went to Lohi's surfing for a few days after.
margarita girl and Dav77 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
This property has clearly gone way downhill since I had a wonderful five-night stay on a BRG in May 2015. At that point, the resort had a lounge which was like a private club serving cooked-to-order breakfasts, snacks during the day, and a small meal in the evening with two hours of alcohol effectively making it all-inclusive and saving, as you'd appreciate, a fortune on food and booze albeit without many choices. The lounge had its own swimming pool and beer in the fridge all day so we spent the whole time there and there were never more than six other people in the area. It was great, and great value for a BRG <US$450 a night. How times change.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ftrichard
This property has clearly gone way downhill since I had a wonderful five-night stay on a BRG in May 2015..........It was great, and great value for a BRG <US$450 a night. How times change.
Sheraton seems to have shifted its market segment by slashing rates and benefits. You can book it in $250 range now. Westin is priced in the old Sheraton price range.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
But are you creating a paper trail of your numerous requests?
I attempted to do this with the music, asking at 10pm when it would stop, got a reply on the message system at 23.08 saying it would stop at 23.15. I did also call and while got a 'we will ask them to turn it down' it achieved nothing.

So going forwards I did use the app more, but having just arrived and asking over the phone, the reception, the duty Manager and once more over the phone and even via my ambassador who called the resort should have been enough lol!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Sheraton seems to have shifted its market segment by slashing rates and benefits. You can book it in $250 range now. Westin is priced in the old Sheraton price range.
I would agree and I think it's service level has also been slashed. Not sure what the food quality used to be like but I feel the prices havent been slashed but quality was not good, evening taking into account the location.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 11:13 pm

We just stayed at this hotel for the first time, so cannot benchmark against prior experiences. But for our money, we found both the service level and the breakfast buffet to be outstanding. The snorkeling is quite good in the morning, and there are real coral patches around the island, We swam with several sting rays and small sharks, all harmless as long as you don't step on the sting rays. The swimming pool is long enough to do laps, 32 meters at its diagonal, and was empty of guests everyday before 10am, after which it was packed.

I agree that the dinner prices are more appropriate for a higher end resort and mismatch the positioning of this one. To be clear, this is not a top end Maldives property but a decent choice for a first experience. It's definitely way better than the nearby Hilton Curio. Happy to make a side by side comparison of the two if any interest.
margarita girl and MrM2016 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Has anyone done a single night stay here? Did it work well?

I was planning on a 2 night stay prior to going onto the St Regis, but I was able to secure an additional night there.

The Shangri-la cash price is not dissimilar to paying for the boat transfer when staying at the Sheraton on points.

How much control do you have on your departure time on checkout day? I wouldn't want to do this and then be stuck missing the first seaplane over to the St Regis.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by MrM2016
Has anyone done a single night stay here? Did it work well?

I was planning on a 2 night stay prior to going onto the St Regis, but I was able to secure an additional night there.

The Shangri-la cash price is not dissimilar to paying for the boat transfer when staying at the Sheraton on points.

How much control do you have on your departure time on checkout day? I wouldn't want to do this and then be stuck missing the first seaplane over to the St Regis.
Did this recently but with 3 nights and the place was terrible, easily the worst Marriott / Starwood experience I have ever had. As for connecting to the seaplane dont trust them at all, I was told my departure was 11:50 for a 12:55 seaplane, I queried if this was enough time and told yes. The boat didnt actually depart until 12:30 and dock at the airport until 12:50 clearly no chance to catch the seaplane. No information at the resort while waiting for an hour in the departure area, no management and no apology at departure or arrival back to Male. When queried via Ambassador they said I lied and the boat left ontime, funny how I took pictures and they are time stamped but they really dont care they are just after tour groups of people who wish to say they went to the maldives!

Had no hot water in the room for first 2 nights and they didnt care, was impossible to speak to management and the person left in charge seemed like they maybe had the experience of a front desk operator. There were more service failures in a 3 night stay then I have had in my previous 100 nights that year lol!

The only saving grace was the included breakfast was reasonable (not 5* standard but for what the hotel was) but unfortunataly the rest couldnt be said for the evening food and the prices even when accounting in the Maldives factor were a rip off for what was poor quality. Pretty sure the $90 a head buffett was serving tinned noodles in tomoto sauce for the Asian Themed night!

To say I would suggest avoiding would be an understatement.

On the plus the St. Regis is absolutly stunning and one of the best resorts I have stayed at!

Then again
HHQX888, joakgarp and MrM2016 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:24 am

Did this recently but with 3 nights and the place was terrible, easily the worst Marriott / Starwood experience I have ever had. As for connecting to the seaplane dont trust them at all, I was told my departure was 11:50 for a 12:55 seaplane, I queried if this was enough time and told yes. The boat didnt actually depart until 12:30 and dock at the airport until 12:50 clearly no chance to catch the seaplane. No information at the resort while waiting for an hour in the departure area, no management and no apology at departure or arrival back to Male. When queried via Ambassador they said I lied and the boat left ontime, funny how I took pictures and they are time stamped but they really dont care they are just after tour groups of people who wish to say they went to the maldives!

Had no hot water in the room for first 2 nights and they didnt care, was impossible to speak to management and the person left in charge seemed like they maybe had the experience of a front desk operator. There were more service failures in a 3 night stay then I have had in my previous 100 nights that year lol!

The only saving grace was the included breakfast was reasonable (not 5* standard but for what the hotel was) but unfortunataly the rest couldnt be said for the evening food and the prices even when accounting in the Maldives factor were a rip off for what was poor quality. Pretty sure the $90 a head buffett was serving tinned noodles in tomoto sauce for the Asian Themed night!

To say I would suggest avoiding would be an understatement.

On the plus the St. Regis is absolutly stunning and one of the best resorts I have stayed at!

Then again
Thanks for the detail - based on your feedback I will pass booking here. Appreciate it.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Has anyone stayed her with children (ie 3 under the age of 10)? It is hard to find a property we can use points for connecting rooms with children. Also the $500 seaplane for 5 people is steep for other resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.