FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:27 pm
UKTraveller4Fun

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by MrM2016
Has anyone done a single night stay here? Did it work well?

I was planning on a 2 night stay prior to going onto the St Regis, but I was able to secure an additional night there.

The Shangri-la cash price is not dissimilar to paying for the boat transfer when staying at the Sheraton on points.

How much control do you have on your departure time on checkout day? I wouldn't want to do this and then be stuck missing the first seaplane over to the St Regis.
Did this recently but with 3 nights and the place was terrible, easily the worst Marriott / Starwood experience I have ever had. As for connecting to the seaplane dont trust them at all, I was told my departure was 11:50 for a 12:55 seaplane, I queried if this was enough time and told yes. The boat didnt actually depart until 12:30 and dock at the airport until 12:50 clearly no chance to catch the seaplane. No information at the resort while waiting for an hour in the departure area, no management and no apology at departure or arrival back to Male. When queried via Ambassador they said I lied and the boat left ontime, funny how I took pictures and they are time stamped but they really dont care they are just after tour groups of people who wish to say they went to the maldives!

Had no hot water in the room for first 2 nights and they didnt care, was impossible to speak to management and the person left in charge seemed like they maybe had the experience of a front desk operator. There were more service failures in a 3 night stay then I have had in my previous 100 nights that year lol!

The only saving grace was the included breakfast was reasonable (not 5* standard but for what the hotel was) but unfortunataly the rest couldnt be said for the evening food and the prices even when accounting in the Maldives factor were a rip off for what was poor quality. Pretty sure the $90 a head buffett was serving tinned noodles in tomoto sauce for the Asian Themed night!

To say I would suggest avoiding would be an understatement.

On the plus the St. Regis is absolutly stunning and one of the best resorts I have stayed at!

Then again