Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by imverge

I'd wait until Sept. to contact them again. In the meantime keep comparing paid rates and file a BRG if you can. I snagged a OWB for $402 including breakfast, which I consider a better value vs. spending points + upgrade $.
Wow, you did that with BRG?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by imverge
I'd wait until Sept. to contact them again. In the meantime keep comparing paid rates and file a BRG if you can. I snagged a OWB for $402 including breakfast, which I consider a better value vs. spending points + upgrade $.
Wow. That's great. I will definitely do that.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Wow, you did that with BRG?
Yes! I used Trivago to compare rates which found me a lower rate on agoda.com
Old Mar 26, 2016, 11:27 pm

Programs: AP, AS, BAEC, HH, SPG, FPC, PC
Review

Just completed a 6 night stay on points with the family (2 adults, 2 kids; 10 & 8).

I originally made a reservation for 7 nights due to availability of reward flights but I was able to snag 4 business class tickets on CX last minute to leave a day earlier. SPG refunded me the points for the 7th night. 5-6 nights at Maldives is just right IMO.

I redeemed the fewest amount of points and booked a Island Villa hooping that my Platinum status or SNA would go through. A couple of days prior, I got an email saying that the upgrade request got rejected.

I also contacted the hotel directly regarding paid upgrades and they came back with (per night, all in):

Water Suite - $370
Water Villa - $247
Club Water Bungalow - $185

Upon check-in (it was pretty late already), I enquired about an upgrade. The check-in person offered me the Ocean Pool Villa for $200/nt (all in) but mentioned that he could offered me the Water Suite for $200/nt as well but someone was still there for the first night.

We took a quick look at the Ocean Pool Villa but there was only one king bed and one sofa that could be turned into a bed for one of the kids, whereas our existing Island Cottage, no we did not get a Beach Front Cottage, had a king bed and 2 sofas that turned into beds. They were not sofa beds. So we declined his offer and opted to stay in our existing room and requested to view the Water Suite before they sold it to someone else.

Early next morning, after a quick dip in the ocean/lagoon on the south side of the island, we went to the main reception (there's 2, a smaller one by the docks for receiving/departing guests, and a main one) to purchase a Meal Pass for my kids (totally worth it) and to enquire about the Lounge, etc (I didn't get a welcome package upon check-in which was kinda disappointing). Regardless, the same check-in person was there and after dealing with the other stuff, he asked us to come back at 1pm to take a look at the Water Suite.

We came back at 1pm and he took us to the room (it was still being cleaned). It was way bigger than the Water Villa. Although it did not have a pool (who needs it when you're right over the ocean), it had an outdoor jacuzzi. It was really how spacious the room was, that there were 2 sofas that could be turned into beds, and the only one of its kind in the resort, that sold us. So I haggled with him for a bit and got it down to $185/nt instead.

Platinum status gave my wife and I free buffet breakfast at Feast each morning (breakfast at the Lounge was minimal), ordered lunch from Anchorage Bar and ate by the pool most days, snacked at the Lounge in the afternoon, and our favorite place for dinner was Sand Coast. The kids ate off the same kids menu that all the restaurant uses. And given that we are not big eaters, the kids ordered appetizers and desserts, and "shared" with us!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Any updates or recent reports of the activities/excursions?

Is the Male city tour worth it?
I've read the trip to the sandbar is great but no other details (what does it include, how long, how much)?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:23 pm

The only upgrade available for SNAs is: Beachfront cottage, non-smoking: King Bed.

Are there any recent experiences from other Plats that can describe the types of upgrades available?

Regards
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:10 pm

I booked 6 nights at a Deluxe Room for an upcoming vacation. The cost was:

100k SPG. (room cost $3018 or 3.018 cents per mile).

I called to inquiry about other property levels and this is the answer I got for the same amount of nights.

Island Cottage - 112k (room cost $3606 or 3.22 cents per mile)
Beach Front Cottage - 200k (room cost $4200 or 2.1 cents per mile)
Ocean Pool Villa - 300k (room cost $6564 or 2.19 cents per mile)
Water Villa - 400k (room cost $6564 or 1.64 cents per mile)

The cost of the room in points is not linear to the actual cost of the room with cash.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 7:30 am

Just a heads up....

Dear .....,

Sunny Greetings from Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa.

With regret to inform you that Sheraton Club Lounge facilities will not be operational from February 16 – April 10, 2017 as the club pool and lounge area will be used in replacement of our main pool and main bar that is undergoing renovation during this period.

At the alternative Pool / Bar venue (Club Lounge), as our Platinum guests you will be able to enjoy the same complimentary drinks as normally offered in the Sheraton Club lounge (coffee, tea, soft drink and beers) with dry snack and/or cookies while the full open bar will be available during the cocktail hours from 5pm to 7pm with canapés and your complimentary breakfast will be served from our beachside restaurant Sand Coast or can be served in the comfort of your villa.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may cause and we thank you for your understanding.

Feel free to contact us for any further assistance!

Warm Wishes,
Yusvi

GUSTI YUSVI
Complex Reservations Agent
T +960 665 0224 F +960 665 0228
sheraton.com | like us on Facebook | follow us on Twitter | follow us on
Old Jul 30, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay reports as platinum?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:26 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any recent stay reports as platinum?
No, however skip the Sheraton, it should be in the do not consider list I also saw your W Maldives post, at $650 I would be very tempted to just book that

I am currently in the Maldives, staying at the Conrad and I am very happy all round staying here except spending over $1,200 for two dinners, and I still have 4 more nights to go. There are good benefits staying as a Diamond which I see you are.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:02 pm

Thank you but Conrad on my dates is out of my budget.

Re W, i also tempted too but it's also out my budget a little bit (and sadly that price is no longer exist, now 760 a night)

So trying to figure out about staying at sheraton instead.

Last edited by 3rdworldresident; Jul 30, 2017 at 4:14 pm
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Thank you but Conrad on my dates is out of my budget.

Re W, i also tempted too but it's also out my budget a little bit (and sadly that price is no longer exist, now 760 a night)

So trying to figure out about staying at sheraton instead.
Sheraton is fine especially for Platinums. Always have to compare like with like when it comes to hotel rates vs facilities. We got a BRG two years ago for ~$400 a night or something like that and I was very happy with the place.

The Club Lounge was new. We didn't spent a cent more than the daily room rate which made it incredible value. Club Lounge has its own pool - no children allowed, max six other people when we were there. Breakfast is made for you (or join the scrum in the restaurant). Snacks all day including free beer all day in the lounge fridge. Two hours of booze and food including hot dish in the lounge. Lounge staff were great and couldn't care less that we filled up red wine glasses at 7.29pm that lasted the rest of the evening.

Total cost of holiday for a branded hotel in Maldives was low compared to onerous cost of booze and food at resorts there generally. I felt excellent value.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Agreed. I was there 2 yrs ago and also loved it. Other than 2 beach cocktails, I spent nothing on food/drinks.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Sheraton is fine especially for Platinums. Always have to compare like with like when it comes to hotel rates vs facilities. We got a BRG two years ago for ~$400 a night or something like that and I was very happy with the place.

The Club Lounge was new. We didn't spent a cent more than the daily room rate which made it incredible value. Club Lounge has its own pool - no children allowed, max six other people when we were there. Breakfast is made for you (or join the scrum in the restaurant). Snacks all day including free beer all day in the lounge fridge. Two hours of booze and food including hot dish in the lounge. Lounge staff were great and couldn't care less that we filled up red wine glasses at 7.29pm that lasted the rest of the evening.

Total cost of holiday for a branded hotel in Maldives was low compared to onerous cost of booze and food at resorts there generally. I felt excellent value.
WOW! So we are exploring going to the Maldives for my wife's 50th bday. Everything I was reading was how crazy expensive the food is. Couple of quick questions:
-If I book a room on points, can I pay to upgrade to something over the water?
-Is the club food really enough to not have to eat meals outside of that?
-If we wanted to do a special night out for her bday...is there anywhere to go on the island, or just the hotel?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
WOW! So we are exploring going to the Maldives for my wife's 50th bday. Everything I was reading was how crazy expensive the food is. Couple of quick questions:
-If I book a room on points, can I pay to upgrade to something over the water?
-Is the club food really enough to not have to eat meals outside of that?
-If we wanted to do a special night out for her bday...is there anywhere to go on the island, or just the hotel?
No, club food is not enough to make a meal.
bsdstone likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.