Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cbellero
Transportation Resort Charge Policy

The resort will arrange combined speedboat transfers to and from Male International Airport and the fee is 136 USD per person (inclusive of the 12% GST and 10% Service Charge). International flight details are required to arrange transfers.

Some rate plans are inclusive of the transfer fee. Please check the rate description. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As of March 2021, hotel website states speedboat transfer is complimentary.

Information for Guests with Children

Due to the design and the general layout of our Water Bungalow, Water Villa, Water Suite and Ocean Villa children below the age of 12 cannot be accommodated in these room types. Children above the age of 12 are allowed when staying with a parent (maximum of 2 pax per room including child).

Please contact the resort for further information.

Mandatory Transportation Information

The resort is just a short 20 - 25 minutes speed boat ride away from Male' Airport.

Please contact the resort at sheraton dot maldives at sheraton dot com for transportation arrangements or fill in your details here.
  • Transportation is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
  • The cost for the combined roundtrip transfer service from/to MLE International Airport is 136 USD per person.
  • Please note that all speedboat transfers are subject to weather conditions and may not be able to operate in extreme weather.
  • Advance notice for changes is required at (960) 665 0225 x4.

New Green Tax Beginning November 1, 2015

Beginning November 1, 2015, a new Green Tax of 6 USD per day per person will go into effect. This will be in addition to the 10% Service Charge and the 12% Goods and Services Tax.

Mandatory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

There will be a compulsory New Year's Eve dinner supplement for all guests staying over or arriving on December 31, 2015. The rate is 431 USD per adult and 172 USD per child ages 2 to 11. This will be automatically added to the room bill. Please contact the resort for further information.

Reaching out to the hotel
[email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:53 am

Why not get you and the wife a chase Hyatt card and get a total of four free nights to use at the park Hyatt Maldives and you can upgrade to a OW villa for $350 per night.

I think the best options in Maldives for points are PH and the Conrad
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
Why not get you and the wife a chase Hyatt card and get a total of four free nights to use at the park Hyatt Maldives and you can upgrade to a OW villa for $350 per night.
you have to be an american resident in order to get the card....from bertheike's location on his profile it doesn't seem like he is....
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by kmcbrid2

I think the best options in Maldives for points are PH and the Conrad
because I don't have a US adress nor a social insurance # and most CC with these promos are only open for US residence.
I only have a German and a Thai adress.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by bertheike
Is the bereakfast buffet now inclusive for Platinum members ? If yes, is it a choice of the welcome gift ? ( instead of getting the 500 points ).
IMHO you should be aware that continental breakfast is now an amenity option for PLT members. It is up to the property if they let you have the ABF or up-charge you for it.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO you should be aware that continental breakfast is now an amenity option for PLT members. It is up to the property if they let you have the ABF or up-charge you for it.
I know about the continental breakfast rule ! But I would like to hear from some people here, how them handle it in this hotel now !
Do them offer a continental breakfast ? or do them only have the buffet and any platinum guest gets this ?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
I know about the continental breakfast rule ! But I would like to hear from some people here, how them handle it in this hotel now !
Do them offer a continental breakfast ? or do them only have the buffet and any platinum guest gets this ?
We had full buffet breakfast in March of last year which was our amenity. 2 guests per room.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by chicky81
May I ask the stupid question of how to transfer points to Virgin Atlantic and then Hilton? I used to be HH Diamond for quite a few years and then I lost it last year. I have heard the Conrad is worth every penny/points, and I found out if I move my dates to end September, it's only $482 a night plus taxes instead of the high season $880ish.

Thanks!
1) You can transfer 20K spg points into 25K Virgin Atlantic miles. You need to create a VA account if you don't have one, obv. (MUST be in increments of 20K to get the 20K + 5K bonus for the transfer)
2) After about 5-7 business days, you can transfer the 25K VA miles into 25K HH points.

It will help if you are a Hilton Plat. for Conrad availability; I briefly looked, and couldn't find any availability for a lowly Gold up to a year out.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong Maldives folk, but isn't September during one of the monsoon seasons?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by pokeable
1) You can transfer 20K spg points into 25K Virgin Atlantic miles. You need to create a VA account if you don't have one, obv. (MUST be in increments of 20K to get the 20K + 5K bonus for the transfer)
2) After about 5-7 business days, you can transfer the 25K VA miles into 25K HH points.
It will help if you are a Hilton Plat. for Conrad availability; I briefly looked, and couldn't find any availability for a lowly Gold up to a year out.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong Maldives folk, but isn't September during one of the monsoon seasons?

THE 25k Virgin turn to 50K HH ( ratio is 1:2)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Is the bereakfast buffet now inclusive for Platinum members ? If yes, is it a choice of the welcome gift ? ( instead of getting the 500 points ).......
Also the breakfast is an important question ( if already inclusive for Plat., it also saves aprox 75 $ per day.
I stayed last May, and breakfast was indeed included as a plat. I don't remember having to choose it as an amenity, and checked my account and I also got 500 points, so...
Old Feb 12, 2013, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by pokeable
VA = Virgin Australia. Virgin Atlantic is VS. You have to be very careful with these. As pointed out already, the VS to HH transfer ratio is 2 to 1. 20K SPG = 25K VS = 50K HH.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AC MM SE; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
I stayed at Sheraton 2 nights end of Jan on a recent trip to Maldives mainly for snorkeling. Sheraton has no reef, but trips to nearby islands are good. The day trip to Male city is also worthwhile to see local culture and has a great museum.

I also stayed at Fihalhohi which has a very good house reef, an ok resort and is a better place for snorkeling for sure.

But for a great resort overall at good value with the great beach[like there is on almost all Maldives islands) the Sheraton was , for me, excellent. With the Cash & points, which seems often available, the Platinum upgrade to the water suites on stilts (maybe made easier with the advance upgrades certs from 50+ stays) and the full buffet platinum breakfast ( not continental to answer a question above) it was a great stay and great deal. Diner in the signature sea food restaurant was excellent, although expensive as one would expect. The staff were generally great and friendly, with things well organized. There were happy hour drinks (taste 3 wines for $15) at a bar that fed reef sharks and mantas at sunset. A cheap lunch option was the Japanese noodles in the mini bar , maybe 3$.

Several posts above it says Sheraton pales by comparison to Conrad. I have not stayed there, but I cannot see it if you got the deal and vila I got at Sheraton. And the Conrad reef is not rated as a #1 reef in Maldives, so not sure that's were I would go when I return , I hope next year.

So if you are platinum think about Sheraton for a few days , maybe to start your trip especially if you arrive late at MLE airport.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:41 am

Hi guys,

Approximately how much is the price range for one basic meal/person? Is there any restaurant around?

Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Hi guys,

Approximately how much is the price range for one basic meal/person? Is there any restaurant around?

Thanks.
About $30 per person for a basic one course meal with no alcohol.

The hotel is an island, and there are several hotel owned and operated restaurants on the island. Nothing else.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:39 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Rewards Platinum AC SE100K, UA 1K
Maybe it's me... I live at hotels and I have probably stayed in 400 hotels over the last 10 years and I loved the Sheraton. Maybe my experience with Plat, free 7 nights because of a promo and the GM showing us a good time made things better, but I'm not jaded enough to rate the hotel down. It seems that a couple of us, want to rate the hotel down .. just because.

That being said, I would return there with my Plat ... I wouldn't go to the Park Hyatt ... simply because I had a phenomenal experience my first time.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
Can anyone recommend the SCUBA people on premises? I'm an infrequent OWD and am looking to do one or two dives while I'm there. The main questions I have are:

1) Safety - are these folks reputable? I assume they are given they're the only show in town and are working for a (relatively) nice resort, but I like to play it safe.
2) Sea life - what exactly am I likely to see on a basic boat dive with them? Reef sharks? Whale sharks? None of the above? Turtles? Just trying to get an idea...
3) Cost - Are they (like most other things) prohibitively expensive, or are they more reasonably priced?

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.