Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Motorskills
Is the hotel shuttle from the FS Marriott LHR a free service?

More importantly, is The Pheasant still good, and is it within walking distance of this place as well?
FS Marriott doesn't have a hotel shuttle. If you use the Hoppa, it's a paid shuttle. But the Marriott is within the free bus zone, so you can take one of the busses that to/from the hotel & LHR.

Can't imagine The Pheasant has changed, so assuming it's still good & yes it's walking distance of the Marriott.

Cheers.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
FS Marriott doesn't have a hotel shuttle. If you use the Hoppa, it's a paid shuttle. But the Marriott is within the free bus zone, so you can take one of the busses that to/from the hotel & LHR.

Can't imagine The Pheasant has changed, so assuming it's still good & yes it's walking distance of the Marriott.

Cheers.
Thanks.

The FS Marriott does make reference to a shuttle under Amenities, but I guess they are referring to the Hoppa.

Hotel Transportation

Airport shuttle
Parking
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Motorskills
Is the hotel shuttle from the FS Marriott LHR a free service?

More importantly, is The Pheasant still good, and is it within walking distance of this place as well?
Still good and easy walking distance ... about 10 minutes. The price of the Sunday Roast dinner is up 1£ this year to 9.99£.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:39 pm
iwc

Any update on any room renovations at the Renaissance Heathrow? It has been six months since Arora Hotels purchased the Renaissance and promised renovations.

In addition does any know what time the Club Lounge opens at the Renaissance Heathrow.

Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by iwc
Any update on any room renovations at the Renaissance Heathrow? It has been six months since Arora Hotels purchased the Renaissance and promised renovations.

In addition does any know what time the Club Lounge opens at the Renaissance Heathrow.

Thanks.
The hotel website doesn't reference a rooms renovation, just the completed in the last year or so ground floor renovation. Might be worth a Skype call to talk to the property directly to see if & when the room renovations will happen. The property is so large it will probably be done in stages.

The lounge opens at 6am according to the website. When I made it to brekkie in the a.m., it usually wasn't that early

I did notice that the website says the lounge is open 7 days/week for coffee/soft drinks, etc, but seems to have verbiage indicating it's closed on the weekends. Last reports we had in the exec lounge sticky, the lounge was open on the weekends. So if someone has stayed there recently on a weekend, would appreciate an update on the lounge being open/closed on weekends (ie, do they serve food/drink).

Cheers.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 3:18 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum, Mileage Plus Silver
I was at the Ren Heathrow last week and was in a standard room on the same floor as the lounge that was not renovated (i.e. same look and feel as when I first stayed there 7 yrs ago; very 1980s). I couldn't tell if some of the rooms are being renovated but I know the lobby and restaurant have been totally redone and feel more modern. Didn't go into the lounge as I had a full breakfast at the restaurant included in my room rate. Speaking of, I was rather disappointed that I couldn't get a bite of eat or get a drink in the restaurant after 11 pm, which I found odd seeing how busy the place normally is.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The hotel website doesn't reference a rooms renovation, just the completed in the last year or so ground floor renovation. Might be worth a Skype call to talk to the property directly to see if & when the room renovations will happen. The property is so large it will probably be done in stages.

The lounge opens at 6am according to the website. When I made it to brekkie in the a.m., it usually wasn't that early

I did notice that the website says the lounge is open 7 days/week for coffee/soft drinks, etc, but seems to have verbiage indicating it's closed on the weekends. Last reports we had in the exec lounge sticky, the lounge was open on the weekends. So if someone has stayed there recently on a weekend, would appreciate an update on the lounge being open/closed on weekends (ie, do they serve food/drink).

Cheers.
I stayed there just after Christmas and the lounge was still open on weekends ...
Old May 9, 2013, 9:57 am

Hello everyone, I have an overnight layover and thought I would stay at the Marriott Heathrow. I see people in this tread saying there's a free shuttle to the Ren, but what about to the Marriott? The website says the only option is the Hoppa or a Taxi.

Also, I have a 7am flight to ORD the next day. Any estimates on when I should leave the hotel (to get through security, etc.)?

thanks!
Old May 9, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by chitownjeff
Hello everyone, I have an overnight layover and thought I would stay at the Marriott Heathrow. I see people in this tread saying there's a free shuttle to the Ren, but what about to the Marriott? The website says the only option is the Hoppa or a Taxi.

Also, I have a 7am flight to ORD the next day. Any estimates on when I should leave the hotel (to get through security, etc.)?

thanks!
Stayed there last month. It's not a shuttle, it's a public bus which is free within the airport zone. Going from the central bus station (near terminals 1 and 3 if I recall, we flew in/out of terminal 1), it stops almost in front of the Marriott, coming back you have to cross the street and walk a couple hundred yards (turn right out of the Marriott). IIRC, the Ren is down the street on the other side of the street from the Marriott so same bus(es). I forget which bus numbers, check other threads for that, and verify with the driver when you get on. I think there's another stop somewhere for some of the other terminals but I'm not sure about that.

As far as time, I'd give it a couple hours, the bus got to the central station very quickly but I don't know how frequently it runs at that hour, then you have a short walk to the air terminal, go upstairs to check in as I recall, go through security, and the gates were a longer walk from the duty free shopping area than we expected, at least in terminal 1. Again, don't know how many people there will be there at that hour, ours was 10:30 a.m. on a Sunday and it was kind of busy but not overwhelming. YMMV, others may know better.
Old May 9, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE

thanks!
The Marriott is almost across the street from the Ren. Same bus options. Hotel hoppa or free public bus.
Old May 10, 2013, 6:51 am

thanks!
If you're coming into T1/2/3 (I've not flown in/out of T5, so my directions are for T1/2/3), just follow the signs for the HEX/Picadilly Line/Bus Station. When you get to the Picadilly line entrance, either take the elevator or escalator upstairs to the bus terminal. You’ll see the signs for it. I took the free bus from Heathrow. I took 111, but 105, 140 also go past the hotel. Stands 19-20 are the stands you want to pick up the bus at Central Bus Station. If you're concerned about being on the right bus, just ask the bus driver when you get on if he stops near the Marriott.

On returning to LHR, you exit the Ren, turn right & cross the street to pick up the bus. It will make one more stop near Ren & then go on to LHR.

Re: timing. I usually arrived at LHR 90minutes-2 hours in advance. Really depends if you've done OLCI, if you have fast track access, etc. As someone else pointed out, it's a long way to get to planes in T1.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Which London Heathrow hotel should I pick??

Hey everyone. On the way back to the United States from our two week trip to Europe, my wife and I have an overnight layover. We are arriving in LHR at 5:15pm and depart the next morning at 9:30am.

Our thought is to clear customs, pick up our luggage and then check into the Renaissance LHR hotel. After a quick change of clothes we would like to head into the city for dinner taking the train and then back that night to the hotel to crash.

I have booked the LHR Renaissance but now after reading the horrible reviews on TripAdvisor it is starting to scare me off. Can any of you give me suggestions on which hotel would best suit our needs for the night? Here are a few stipulations:
  • Category 4 or 5 would be great as I have plenty of certificates
  • Ease of public transportation as we would like to train it to dinner and back
  • Should we get our luggage on an overnight connection...or should we leave it checked all the way to destination and just carry on what we need for the night?
  • Leaving early in the morning, so lounge access, etc is not that important
  • Top priority is cleanliness, easy access, and availability potentially using my certificates or even MR points.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:41 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
For the amount of time you are spending in the hotel the Ren is fine. I prefer the Marriott LHR as it is cleaner in my opinion. Either works. Ren has a cool view of the runway.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Thanks for the input. Given my situation, would you all suggest that I simply check my luggage all the way through to my final destination or pick up my luggage at LHR and recheck in the morning? How much time does that add that night and the next morning?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
If you want to save time or spend a little more time getting a quick breakfast, keep your main luggage checked to the final destination. You should be able to fit what you need for the night on your carry on luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.