Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
LHR Renaissance

Melville posted this info in the exec lounge sticky. It provides more info than I need so thought I'd post it here. Thx to Melville for providing an update.

LHR Ren club lounge has been open a couple of days.

The new decor is white walls with some black accents along with dark green marble table tops and white leather chairs. There is a large comfy light green leather sofa and two arm chairs. There are about ten tables with either two or three chairs. Food fare in the evening was one hot and one cold selection served by a hostess. Only white and red wine available.

At check in, offered choice of full breakfast in the restaurant or club lounge continental. (Don't know if this choice was for Plats or general option.)

Cheers.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Silver
I am staying at the LHR Marriott in an exec room with lounge access. I see there is a hot buffet breakfast option in the lounge, Mrs. AdamUK prefers colder options, do we have an option of taking breakfast in the restaurant, or is the breakfast in the lounge substantial enough? (I am a silver).

Any other experience of the lounge at all for other food offerings during the day etc? We are staying for a couple of nights. Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:10 pm

We recently stayed on the Executive floor at the regular Marriott LHR, not the Renaissance.

The guest room was very nice and spacious, in-room complimentary wired and wireless internet, with a provided Ethernet cable. The window was double paned, very quiet.

The Executive Lounge is on the ground floor and has nice offerings all day long. The breakfast offered cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, fresh salmon with capers and onions, multiple bread and roll options, fruit juices, and fresh fruit.

After breakfast, they put out about 5 large glass jars filled with nori (?) balls, edamame, peanuts, pretzel mix, etc. Also a large jar with cookies.

In the evening, they offer the healthy celery and carrot sticks, etc. Sandwiches on regular sliced bread. For hot options, they had lamb and mashed potatoes, another night was salmon and rice, another night chicken with rice or potatoes (I don't recall which). I believe they had another option, but I've forgotten. Soft drinks, juices, coffees, teas, and waters all day long. Wine and beer is offered, but maybe only in the evening, not sure about the times.

Later, several yummy dessert options, along with the cookies.

It is one of the most thorough food offerings I have enjoyed in a Club Room. Sometimes, the options are all fried and fatty where you really don't want any of it, but this was all very tasty and abundant.

A large TV and newspapers are available. Someone arrived just as the breakfast time was ending and I overheard the server tell the guest they could order breakfast in the restaurant for free. I wasn't paying close attention, so I would make further inquiry.

Last edited by HawaiiCalls; Oct 6, 2014 at 8:46 pm
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:26 pm

Thanks for the update re: LHR Marriott HawaiiCalls. Much appreciated. Was the exec lounge open on the weekend?

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Was the exec lounge open on the weekend?

Cheers.
Yes, it was open the entire time. I forgot to mention, they also offered a nice selection of cheeses in the evening.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby with the usual sandwiches, etc., along with maybe two off-lobby restaurants.

This was our first time to stay at this Marriott and we were very pleased with everything. Guest room had a mini-fridge.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Melville posted this info in the exec lounge sticky. It provides more info than I need so thought I'd post it here. Thx to Melville for providing an update.

LHR Ren club lounge has been open a couple of days.

The new decor is white walls with some black accents along with dark green marble table tops and white leather chairs. There is a large comfy light green leather sofa and two arm chairs. There are about ten tables with either two or three chairs. Food fare in the evening was one hot and one cold selection served by a hostess. Only white and red wine available.

At check in, offered choice of full breakfast in the restaurant or club lounge continental. (Don't know if this choice was for Plats or general option.)

Cheers.
I stayed at the Ren last night. The receptionist said that the full breakfast option in the restaurant was for both Golds and Plats.

I didn't think much of the new evening lounge options -- I was told that they no longer do an evening buffet. When pushed, the attendant grudgingly brought out a couple of small plates of vol-au-vents. None of the soft drinks were refrigerated in the lounge and snacks are now VERY limited. She confirmed white or red wine only (no beer) in the evening.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I stayed at the Ren last night. The receptionist said that the full breakfast option in the restaurant was for both Golds and Plats.

I didn't think much of the new evening lounge options -- I was told that they no longer do an evening buffet. When pushed, the attendant grudgingly brought out a couple of small plates of vol-au-vents. None of the soft drinks were refrigerated in the lounge and snacks are now VERY limited. She confirmed white or red wine only (no beer) in the evening.
Thanks for the update - and wow, what a difference to the lounge offerings from before. In fairness I thought the evening buffet was a bit too robust/probably cut down on people using the hotel's restaurant, so a bit of scaling back might have been ok but sounds like they went extreme. And I can't imagine a lounge (in the UK of all places!) not offering beer (even though I'm a wine drinker). Again, wonder if it's a push to get people to the bar or restaurant.

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by HawaiiCalls
We recently stayed on the Executive floor at the regular Marriott LHR, not the Renaissance.

The guest room was very nice and spacious, in-room complimentary wired and wireless internet, with a provided Ethernet cable. The window was double paned, very quiet.

The Executive Lounge is on the ground floor and has nice offerings all day long. The breakfast offered cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, fresh salmon with capers and onions, multiple bread and roll options, fruit juices, and fresh fruit.

After breakfast, they put out about 5 large glass jars filled with nori (?) balls, edamame, peanuts, pretzel mix, etc. Also a large jar with cookies.

In the evening, they offer the healthy celery and carrot sticks, etc. Sandwiches on regular sliced bread. For hot options, they had lamb and mashed potatoes, another night was salmon and rice, another night chicken with rice or potatoes (I don't recall which). I believe they had another option, but I've forgotten. Soft drinks, juices, coffees, teas, and waters all day long. Wine and beer is offered, but maybe only in the evening, not sure about the times.

Later, several yummy dessert options, along with the cookies.

It is one of the most thorough food offerings I have enjoyed in a Club Room. Sometimes, the options are all fried and fatty where you really don't want any of it, but this was all very tasty and abundant.

A large TV and newspapers are available. Someone arrived just as the breakfast time was ending and I overheard the server tell the guest they could order breakfast in the restaurant for free. I wasn't paying close attention, so I would make further inquiry.
I can confirm the above and also that the server told us we could choose to have breakfast in the restaurant. I gave them our Club Room number and they welcomed us in the restaurant (our original room rate was SFB though). Breakfast as reported, but the restaurant has a much wider selection of food options.

The hot items in the evening are only available from 17:30 to 19:30 with the dessert options 19:30-21:30 with wine/beer for the duration. We missed the hot on both days, as we were back late, but the menu showed chicken/potatoes had been on offer.

It has been a few years since I stayed at the LHR Marriott, but it certainly hasn't changed and all of the staff I encountered were lovely.

Having been put up by my company at the Sheraton Skyline previously, the Club Lounge there I found to be more private with a better seating area (and obviously better view because of the planes ), whereas I found the Marriott lounge atmosphere a little strange being next to the atrium with non-lounge guests constantly walking past to the lifts and therefore noisier.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:06 am

Thanks for the update - and wow, what a difference to the lounge offerings from before. In fairness I thought the evening buffet was a bit too robust/probably cut down on people using the hotel's restaurant, so a bit of scaling back might have been ok but sounds like they went extreme. And I can't imagine a lounge (in the UK of all places!) not offering beer (even though I'm a wine drinker). Again, wonder if it's a push to get people to the bar or restaurant.

Cheers.
Yes, the lack of beer was very strange.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by AdamUK
Having been put up by my company at the Sheraton Skyline previously, the Club Lounge there I found to be more private with a better seating area (and obviously better view because of the planes ), whereas I found the Marriott lounge atmosphere a little strange being next to the atrium with non-lounge guests constantly walking past to the lifts and therefore noisier.
Well one advantage of the Ren's exec lounge is it's next to the runways so you get great views of the planes.

Cheers.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:33 am

Well one advantage of the Ren's exec lounge is it's next to the runways so you get great views of the planes.

Cheers.
Very true, will probably opt for there next time ^
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by AdamUK
Very true, will probably opt for there next time ^
Unless of course you want beer ... then go to the Marriott !
Old Oct 9, 2014, 10:33 am

Would be interesting to find out why they stopped offering beer. I get no hard liquor, but this property traditionally has done beer & wine - and it's the UK for crikey's sake. Beer is part of the culture.

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:11 am

^
Old Oct 27, 2014, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Stayed at the LHR Marriott for one night (Saturday). My rate was £152 including a £50 F&B credit.

Took the free local bus from LHR Central bus station.

Check in was quick and there was a sign offering an upgrade to the Executive level ( including free wifi)£50. The check in agent said that as a Silver card holder the upgrade offer was £35. I took it.

The lounge offered evening hors d'oeurves until 730pm then deserts until 930pm and then coffee/soft drinks. The lounge was very busy earlier on but quieter later on.

The room (4081) overlooked the Skyline hotel and was fine.

The pool is open to 11pm but the gym is open 24 hours.

The lounge breakfast selection is fine with hot scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon and a good continental selection.

A copy of the folio was under my door in the morning and included the room charge from dinner ( with free lounge breafast, I upgraded my dinner to a very nice sirloin steak! but the charge was taken off the final bill.

In the morning the sink plug got stuck in the down position and no matter what I tried I could not get it to open to drain the sink( i also could not get a grip on the plug itself to lift it manually) and reported it to the At your service agent.

I also got a free extra hour due to the clocks going back 1 hour on Sunday morning.

It is a bit of a hike to the traffic lights to cross the road to get the free bus back to LHR.

Overall a pleasant hotel for a 1 night stay.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.