Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
When it comes to renovations, even more than the rooms, IMHO, the elevators need help. They are SOOOOO freakin' slow. Either that or make stairs more accessible for us to go up/down.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 6:45 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can't imagine why you'd say renovation wouldn't work. The lobby's already been renovated. The rooms are definitely dated; that's been reported on this (and other) thread. They're going to start on rooms (although renovation will not be able to alter the size of the rooms, which are small/cozy).

I've never been to a hotel that renovation doesn't work, so find it a strange comment.

Cheers.
For the same reasons that many other buildings built at that time (70's) and with similar building standards should not be renovated but torn down.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by tsastor
For the same reasons that many other buildings built at that time (70's) and with similar building standards should not be renovated but torn down.
Still don't understand, but to each their own. My guess is since they're going to be renovating the rooms this year torn down isn't on the table

Cheers.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:55 pm

Still don't understand, but to each their own. My guess is since they're going to be renovating the rooms this year torn down isn't on the table

Cheers.
It's like putting on band-aid. My nose and eyes say that the building itself may have problems with dampness, mould and ventilation. This may cause problems e.g. for people with allergies. I hope I'm wrong but will not stay there again myself anyway.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:34 pm

It's like putting on band-aid. My nose and eyes say that the building itself may have problems with dampness, mould and ventilation. This may cause problems e.g. for people with allergies. I hope I'm wrong but will not stay there again myself anyway.
I've never noticed any dampness or mold (mould), but I don't have allergies. Thanks for mentioning it so others can take possible allergy issues into consideration.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:08 am

I've never noticed any dampness or mold (mould), but I don't have allergies. Thanks for mentioning it so others can take possible allergy issues into consideration.

Cheers.
People also have so many different kinds of allergies ...
Anyway, the hotel building itself is big, not that well built by todays standards, has long corridors, slow lifts, some unpleasant public pleases like the gym/sauna (unless they have been renovated). A thorough enough renovation probably would cost more than tearing down the present building and building a new one. That's why I suggested it, it is a completely serious suggestion. I wonder in what condition the pipes and plumbing are, the roof and windows etc.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:34 pm

People also have so many different kinds of allergies ...
Anyway, the hotel building itself is big, not that well built by todays standards, has long corridors, slow lifts, some unpleasant public pleases like the gym/sauna (unless they have been renovated). A thorough enough renovation probably would cost more than tearing down the present building and building a new one. That's why I suggested it, it is a completely serious suggestion. I wonder in what condition the pipes and plumbing are, the roof and windows etc.
Well you're entitled to your opinion, but since the hotel has decided to renovate the property I think the tearing down is a no-go. But if you feel strongly enough about it, I'd recommend emailing the GM or owner of the property. Suggesting it here probably isn't going to accomplish much.

FWIW - there are other hotel properties in the world that are large buildings w/ long corridors. I wouldn't include that in the list of reasons for teardown.

Cheers.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:51 pm

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but since the hotel has decided to renovate the property I think the tearing down is a no-go. But if you feel strongly enough about it, I'd recommend emailing the GM or owner of the property. Suggesting it here probably isn't going to accomplish much.

FWIW - there are other hotel properties in the world that are large buildings w/ long corridors. I wouldn't include that in the list of reasons for teardown.

Cheers.
I don't know who actually owns the property and frankly I don't care. I have no need to stay there again. I did complain about my room to both the hotel and Marriott, switched rooms, received compensation in form of points. As far as I am concerned the case is closed. But will absolutely not recommend this property to anyone. Quite the contrary.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:20 pm

I don't know who actually owns the property and frankly I don't care. I have no need to stay there again. I did complain about my room to both the hotel and Marriott, switched rooms, received compensation in form of points. As far as I am concerned the case is closed. But will absolutely not recommend this property to anyone. Quite the contrary.
Shrug. And I & others will recommend the property. To each their own.

The good news about threads re: locales & properties & FT in general is people get all kinds of input, which they can filter through to make their decisions.

Cheers.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:34 am

Shrug. And I & others will recommend the property. To each their own.

The good news about threads re: locales & properties & FT in general is people get all kinds of input, which they can filter through to make their decisions.

Cheers.
I wouldn't say "filter" but I'd evaluate the facts and of course price also has an influence. Luckily there are a lot of options at LHR, although maybe not many of very high quality. But there is always the HEX
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:16 pm

I wouldn't say "filter" but I'd evaluate the facts and of course price also has an influence. Luckily there are a lot of options at LHR, although maybe not many of very high quality. But there is always the HEX
Or the Heathrow Connect - cheaper & only takes an extra 10 minutes to get into the city.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 2:53 pm

Or the Heathrow Connect - cheaper & only takes an extra 10 minutes to get into the city.

Cheers.
Exactly!
(although less frequent)
Old Feb 26, 2012, 6:19 pm

Local Bus Transportation from T4

I will be arriving and deaprting from T4 and I am going to stay at Marriott Heathrow airport. I read from londontoolkit.com that I should take Bus #555 from T4. My question is how far is the hotel from bus stop when arriving at hotel and also departing? Will it be the same stop number when you take 111 etc from T1/T3?

Also which tube station do you go to when you want to go to central London.

Thanks in advance for your advice. It will be my first trip to London.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by FromPVG
I will be arriving and deaprting from T4 and I am going to stay at Marriott Heathrow airport. I read from londontoolkit.com that I should take Bus #555 from T4. My question is how far is the hotel from bus stop when arriving at hotel and also departing? Will it be the same stop number when you take 111 etc from T1/T3?
Very short walk. The stop is nearly in front of the hotel. Or you can do as I did and get off one stop early and make a hike of it

The stop is the same location - it's a different "stop number" depending on the bus (T4 is further than the central bus terminal).

For the return trip, it's a longer walk as they have a barrier in the middle of the road to keep you from crossing except at designated locations.

Also which tube station do you go to when you want to go to central London.

Thanks in advance for your advice. It will be my first trip to London.
To central London from the hotel, use Hatton Cross. Use the Heathrow Central station on your return from London to the hotel.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
Is the hotel shuttle from the FS Marriott LHR a free service?

More importantly, is The Pheasant still good, and is it within walking distance of this place as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.