Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I wouldn't do India Quay as it's too far. I'd stick w/ the first three, whichever gives you the best rate. If you don't have a lot of luggage I'd agree re: Kensington.

Given your long layover I wouldn't do the Marrriott even w/ the 50GBP credit. If you had a short one it would be different.

Keep checking back to see if St. Ermin's opens up or any of the other properties drop below 200GBP - or post on the LNF thread asking for help.

Cheers.
Thanks Sharon,

I found a rate of 208GBP at County Hall, so I've booked myself there, although at that rate you don't get the Thames River view.

Don't know much about it, having never stayed there before, however the location seems ideal and most of the reviews seem favorable. Thanks again.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nacho
I'm going to have a 22 hours layover but I decided to stick with the Ren at LHR. I got it LNFed down to less than GBP 50, which is around 1/3 of what the hotels cost inside London. Taking the tube is no big deal - as long as you don't do it during rush hours and fortunately my layover is during a weekend so my quick trip into London with 3 small kids should be doable.

I saw that the lounge is closed during weekends - that's the main drawback. Can't see anywhere about if the breakfast is going to be in the lounge.
For less than 50quid I'd stay out there too & commute into the city on the tube. Wembleygal mentioned that breakfast is in the restaurant. No idea if they stick to the elite+1 or elite plus the kids re: brekkie.

Originally Posted by yhz123
Thanks Sharon,

I found a rate of 208GBP at County Hall, so I've booked myself there, although at that rate you don't get the Thames River view.

Don't know much about it, having never stayed there before, however the location seems ideal and most of the reviews seem favorable. Thanks again.
Do you have status w/ Marriott? If so, get your reservation noted that 'upgrade requested to Thames River view if available' & ask nicely when you check in. Also, keep checking back before your stay & see if the rate drops there or at any of the other properties, such as St. Ermin's. But definitely CH is a good location.

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I found a rate for a "plane spotters room" at the Ren LHR. Does that guarantee me a room facing the runways? It costs 100GBP. As a Gold would I be able to get one of those rooms anyway or just pay the 100GBP to guarantee it which I'm happy to do.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I found a rate for a "plane spotters room" at the Ren LHR. Does that guarantee me a room facing the runways? It costs 100GBP. As a Gold would I be able to get one of those rooms anyway or just pay the 100GBP to guarantee it which I'm happy to do.
The hotel upgraded us to exec floor, we were facing the road with view of the terminal. The lounge has great view of the runway. The room we had was tiny so it will be nicer to use the lounge to spot planes.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: AA , Marriott Titanium
My wife and I had a bottle of wine sitting in our tiny room facing the runway one afternoon. It was fun as the in room tv had a departure flight channel. Not only did you see the taxi and take-off but you knew where they were going.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by TandJalliance
My wife and I had a bottle of wine sitting in our tiny room facing the runway one afternoon. It was fun as the in room tv had a departure flight channel. Not only did you see the taxi and take-off but you knew where they were going.
That sounds fantastic! So if I book a "planespotters" room I'm guaranteed runway view, right?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I think if you've booked a 'plane spotters room', then you'd be guaranteed a room facing the runway. As a Gold you could request one of those rooms, but it's not a guarantee. As has been noted, though, the exec lounge has an excellent view of the runways.

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I think if you've booked a 'plane spotters room', then you'd be guaranteed a room facing the runway. As a Gold you could request one of those rooms, but it's not a guarantee. As has been noted, though, the exec lounge has an excellent view of the runways.

Cheers.
Plane spotters room has been booked, ready to get my airline geek on!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
My son was an avid plane fan and I booked a planes spotters room which gives a runway view. My son was hypnotised! Enjoy your geeky weekend!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:39 am

Hi all. Looking for a recco towards either the LHR Renaissance or LHR Marriott. Have an overnight layover, getting in about 9pm from FCO, connecting to SEA (both on BA) at 9:55AM the next day from T5.

I do like comfort, I guess my only requirements are reliably clean, up-to-date rooms, wifi, and QUIET. Oh and reliable wake-up calling. I understand there have been remodels? Looking to redeem Marriott points on this booking, as a non-elite.

Also, trying to get to LHR roughly about 7:00 to enjoy the BA J lounge/spa. When should I leave the hotel?

Thank you
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:14 pm

Member Exclusive Rates — 'Park Here, Fly There' and Save 10% at London Heathrow

Get your holiday off to a flying start with up to 15 days parking and discounted rates at the London Heathrow Marriott Hotel and the Heathrow/Windsor Marriott Hotel.

From July 1 to September 21, 2014, save 10% off regular rates on Friday and Saturday nights. Plus, enjoy up to 15 days of complimentary parking.

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation or call 1-800-MARRIOTT from the US, 020 8990 1100 from the UK or any of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: September 21, 2014
Promotional Code: M11
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just managed to score a decent fare to LHR in November to piggy back on to my husband's business trip. He is attending at conference at the LHR Marriott, we arranged things so we are arriving early and will spend 3 personal nights at the JW GH first (yeah!) then we have 3 nights at the LHR Marriott, which is a lot of time to kill out by the airport. Tip on the Pheasant is much appreciated. Any tips on things I can do during the day for two full days while he is conferencing away would be much appreciated as well.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Any tips on things I can do during the day for two full days while he is conferencing away would be much appreciated as well.
I'll send you a PM.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Just managed to score a decent fare to LHR in November to piggy back on to my husband's business trip. He is attending at conference at the LHR Marriott, we arranged things so we are arriving early and will spend 3 personal nights at the JW GH first (yeah!) then we have 3 nights at the LHR Marriott, which is a lot of time to kill out by the airport. Tip on the Pheasant is much appreciated. Any tips on things I can do during the day for two full days while he is conferencing away would be much appreciated as well.
LHR is very convenient to Bray, home of the Fat Duck and Waterside Inn. So...if you are in the mood for some Michelin Three Star dining, you are well situated. It's also very near (around 15 miles) to Windsor, so you could certainly do a day trip there with ease. A tour of Windsor Castle would be a good way to pass a day. It's also quite easy to get in to London from the Marriott (quick bus to LHR, followed by tube or train).
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
LHR Renaissance

Any update re lounge finishing refurbishment and currently open? Website says it is still closed however when reading details on Executive Runway rooms it says

This room features Executive lounge access
Open: Sun-Sat
Complimentary food:
- hors d'oeuvres
- late night snack
Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
Our brand new Executive Lounge with uninterrupted runway views
where you can enjoy a light breakfast in the morning
or relax with a glass of wine or beer and canapes in the evening

Any recent experience???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.