Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobOnLI
The free bus zone at LHR was ended in 2021. All buses charge a local fare now which is still half off the usual Hoppa rate (or more). Take bus 105, 111 or 140 down Bath Road to get to most Marriott properties at LHR.

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam...d_Heathrow.pdf
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near London Heathrow Airport

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've stayed at the Ren for years. It's kind of like an old bathrobe you grow fond of Haven't been there since the refurb started. For a single night I'd go by price, but that's just me. Also Ren is great about accepting BB/PPs. Cheers.
this is Exactly how I see it, its 1 night no Big deal, Id go with whichever is less Pts or Cheaper. especially since they are right across the road from each other
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by craz
this is Exactly how I see it, its 1 night no Big deal, Id go with whichever is less Pts or Cheaper. especially since they are right across the road from each other
That was my reasoning when I couldn't get my flight last year....it was only one night and the Ren could be had for 55 pounds.

For a guy traveling alone not looking for much more than a place to park myself/work/sleep, it was fine (long walk from the lobby to my room notwithstanding).

And besides...its the hotel choice in London that SkiAdcock and I 100% agree on!
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K & GS
i like the marriott. but for a few quid and a bit of time you can hoof it into town really quick on the train direct and stay at marriott county hall or park lane which are infinately nicer and have a nice look see at london.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Stayed at the Renaissance last Sat night on a MR. I think it's gone downhill since my last stay 11 months ago.

Positives: delivery of my extra pillows/towels was prompt. Arrival gift delivered at the time requested. early check-in handled promptly at 7 AM. 60 UK pound rate.

Negatives: property is more tired than before. A few threadbare spots noted. Lounge serves no food on weekends (open w/room key for soft drinks) - even though they are still marketing a "plane spotter" weekend package that includes full lounge, breakfast not offered - no big deal as I was on an 8 AM flight. Problems with elevators - two were out of service. And the "no lotion in bathroom" craze has hit here, too. No one at desk for early AM checkout.

I think I'll stay elsewhere next time. Despite the view.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by robandmichele
i like the marriott. but for a few quid and a bit of time you can hoof it into town really quick on the train direct and stay at marriott county hall or park lane which are infinately nicer and have a nice look see at london.

That would be quite a few quid & a lot of time dif, compared to weekend rates at LHR Ren & Marriott & time to airport in the a.m.. Given it's a 1-night layover on the way back from AMS for the OP, not sure it's worth it in that instance. For longer layovers in terms of hours/time & if money not an object, I'd agree w/ you.

Cheers.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
The REN at LHR is one of the few hotels I have left swearing to never return. The building itself is a prime example of buildings that should not be renovated but torn down. Even for one night it can be noisy enough so that you won't get any sleep. The only time I stayed there I stayed three nights (in two different rooms) and every single day something went wrong. I was given a whopping 5000 points in compensation for some major inconveniences. The fitness area was a pit. Those accustomed to this kind of place (be it because of points or whatever) should really try something better for a change IMHO. Maybe with lounge access the place would have felt better.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:07 pm

Planning to stay here this Saturday on a MR. Great info contained in this thread but did not mention one area of interest to me:

Does anyone have any experience with an early check-in at this property?

cheers.
Old May 5, 2009, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by jjgollum
Planning to stay here this Saturday on a MR. Great info contained in this thread but did not mention one area of interest to me:

Does anyone have any experience with an early check-in at this property?

cheers.
Mixed.

Two weeks ago, I checked in at 8 AM.

A year ago (when the lounge still operated Saturdays), I had to wait 2 hours at 9 AM.

The hotel is really tired, despite the tarting up of the lobby. Worse than last year. Personnel service was good, hotel just OK.
Old May 6, 2009, 3:53 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I stay here most weeks for a couple of nights. I can choose my hotel at LHR but I like the Marriott brand (and the points) - the LHR Marriott is just up the road about 5 minutes walk - it's a better designed hotel but I just don't feel at home so much. It's more expensive too.

Early check in is usually available - but contact the hotel first.

The club lounge is - I think - excellent. Further to an earlier post they do now serve hot eggs and they are very, very good. Snacks in the evening are high quality also, but a bit limited as to choice, maybe. Brilliant views of LHR's north runway.

The hotel is limited by an old fashioned design - rooms are a bit small and slightly dated, but very comfortable and soundproofed against airplane noise. You can have a long walk from the lifts, where are very slow considering there's only 4 floors. I find the staff absolutely brilliant - just the right mix of friendliness and courtesy, and extraordinarily helpful. This is what makes the difference to me! Food and drink is excellent, but like all such hotels, is somewhat overpriced.

Don't pay £4 for a Hotel Hoppa ticket to get to the airport. If you leave the hotel, turn left, there's a bus stop after 50 yards where all the normal London bus services heading for the airport stop - you'll get one within a minute or two and it's free (strange but true - all public bus services within the airport campus are free, and this stretch of Bath Road is included) This will take you to the central bus station close to T1,2,3. You'd need to transfer to T4/5 by train. Buses on the other side of the road will take you to Hatton Cross - also for free - where you can connect to the Underground much quicker than going back to the airport. (Bus service 285 - every 10 mins)

As to the nearby pubs -turn left outside the hotel, and you'll come to the Three Magpies in about 200 yards. My advice - don't bother. Warm beer and the worst pub grub I've ever eaten. Try the Pheasant instead - brilliant! Turn right out of the hotel, cross the road, turn left immediately after the Radisson Edwardian Hotel, and the Pheasant is at the end of that street.

There's also a decent, reasonably priced Italian restaurant within 5 minutes, on Sipson Road. Turn left out of the hotel, cross over the main road, turn right and walk up the road past the petrol station and it's there.

For those who like Indian food, there's a very good Indian restaurant on Sipson road, in the village of Sipson (which, incidentally, will be flattened if the 3rd runway project goes ahead) about a twenty minute walk away, or get the 222 bus at the stop outside the hotel.

For those who like burgers and watching live sport (usually football - or soccer to our American travellers) best bet is to go to the Sports Bar inside the Sheraton Skyline hotel. Turn right out of the hotel, cross over the road, go past McDonalds, The Radisson Edwardian and the Marriott and it's the next hotel. Big screen TVs, great burgers, good beer selection, friendly service.

Any questions about the LHR Ren - don't hesitate to ask!

M
Old May 6, 2009, 9:12 pm

Wow, mickeypops, thanks for the great review and directions to nearby landmarks. ^

I think you just sold it for me. I'll update the master thread with this info but will be there Saturday (May 9) if anyone wants to meet up for a pint at the Pheasant.
Old May 7, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
mickeypops hit it on the head. This is my home away from home when in London (our UK office is near Heathrow). No, it's not anywhere near as fancy as some of the other hotels, but when my choices (due to cost) are Renaissance or a non-Marriott, I'll choose the Renaissance.

The location is fantastic. In addition to the Pheasant, I thoroughly enjoy King William IV which is in Sipson just a little bit past the Indian Restaurant mentioned above. Great local pub with virtually no tourists and quite a bit of history in its own right.

There is something nice and cozy about the small rooms for a single traveler. I wouldn't do it with my family, but by oneself, it works quite well. The club lounge is very nice and, even better, on the weekends Platinums can eat at the buffet downstairs. Very nice breakfast buffet.

There are some things I would like to change if I could:

* Elevators are UNBELIEVABLY slow for a four story hotel. There are four of them and many times at least one, sometimes two, of them are not working.
* Please at least add SkySports to your cable channel. There are no sports channels at all to choose from on the tv.
* Get better beer in the lounge. I'm ok with paying for beer, but the selection there isn't worth paying for, IMHO.

Overall, though, it is a nice hotel that is well worth the rates.
Old May 7, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Dawgman - thanks for the tip re. the King William 1V - I'll make a point of dropping in for a pint after my next Indian at the Achari, Sipson.

M
Old May 24, 2009, 7:02 pm

gym

Could anyone comment on the two gyms and which is better for a good workout. Thanks
Old May 26, 2009, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Platinum
The Renaissance is usually cheaper than the Marriott, but its an old property and the lobby, restaurant, bar and gym/health club have all been renovated. However the rooms are very small and old fashoined. The rooms badly need a makeover, The exec lounge has excellent views over the runway but again hasnt been redecorated or updated for years and badly needs it.

The Marriott is a newish property and was built for Marriott and rooms are much bigger than the Renaissance and they have a very nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. The exec lounge is quite small and is an internal room with no windows so it can be a bit oppresive. There is a large central atrium with some rooms overlooking this area but its not noisy at all.

Both hotel are in the same road (Bath Road) and have bus links outside both hotels.
Old Jun 18, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by platinumstar
Both hotel are in the same road (Bath Road) and have bus links outside both hotels.
How late in the evening do the buses to and from LHR run?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.