Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2004, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
You will get some responses to check the SEARCH function!

The general consensus is that the Ren Chancery Court is the best Cat 6 for the money.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 11:06 pm
Patron

As Jeeves posted, Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel is the best choice for you. There are countless threads about your question, however, let me provide only one: yyzflyer provided an excellent comparison between the Chancery Court & City Hall (Category 7), MR top properties:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">For an award stay it's Chancery Court without hesitation, as long as the lower points advantage is maintained.</font>

Old Mar 7, 2004, 1:07 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
No doubt about it, Renaissance London Chancery Court Hotel!

(try to request a room with balcony)
Old Mar 7, 2004, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
We went on a London vacation a few years ago on short notice, and the only award availability was the Renessaince Heathrow at the airport. I was dreading it, but with the tube station very close, it turned out to be not so bad after all. Still it would have been nice to stay in the city.

Old Mar 7, 2004, 10:02 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Chancery Court. Without a doubt!!! Location, service, ambience. Very nice.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 3:20 pm

Is the Chancery within walking distance from the tube. I am flying into LHR and leaving out of Gatwick with a 40 hour layover.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 3:43 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Chancery Court for certain.
Though, if I recall correctly, the tube is not really within walking distance. I could certainly be wrong, as I've only ever taken a cab from Paddington Station to the hotel.
By the way, if such a beverage is to your liking, try the homemade flavored vodkas at "The Bar at Chancery Court" on the ground level.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 4:38 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doctor:
Is the Chancery within walking distance from the tube. I am flying into LHR and leaving out of Gatwick with a 40 hour layover.</font>
Yes. There is a subway station (Holborn, I believe) about 200 ft. from the hotel. Very convenient. And actually it's walking distance to a lot of things as well. If you stay there, try the restaurant called BANK nearby. Ask the front desk, they'll know. Very nice.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:26 am

Haven't stayed there, but you may also consider the Grosvenor House. It is also a Category 6.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If you can snag a stay with points, I'd vote big-time for 47 Park Street in Mayfair!!!!

Redeeming pts is usually less than other places; it's Marriott's upscale timeshare (Waterford is the glassware in the bathroom to give you an idea), and it's nice to have a one bedroom w/ living room, dining room, dvd player, kitchen, etc. Near Marble Arch tube stop; easily accessible to stuff. 24-hour concierge, room service, etc. Downside - no health club - access to other Marriott's clubs, but at a fee. You can stock up on some food (I did bkfst stuff) at Marks & Spencer - lot less expensive than eating out all the time, especially since the exchange rate is nearly 2-1 against us.

------------------
Sharon
Old Mar 8, 2004, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The Park lane location is the only location that is not avialble for the dates I need. August1-7. Does anyone know about the category 5 Maida Vale.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 5:12 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Hawkeye:
Haven't stayed there, but you may also consider the Grosvenor House. It is also a Category 6.</font>
Stayed at Grosvenor House in Feb 2004. Just couple of weeks hotel was rebranded. Weekend award stay.
Hotel is quite old inside and needs major facelift. We have been told that it will be branded as JW Marriott.
Very helpfull staff and excellent service.
We got upgraded to a suite o the 4th floor with Hyde Park view. Some street nose to report, but nothing unexpeced as far as nose level is concerend for London. Hotel has a louge and health club.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Mar 9, 2004, 6:07 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
What is the time schedule for the Grovesnor "re-do" ?
Old Mar 9, 2004, 10:06 am

I would vote for Park Lane Marriott as my stay last summer was simply excellent. But they might be Cat 7?...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.