Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2004, 11:21 am

Programs: Ex Marriot Platinum, CO Gold
Originally Posted by zaccaggie
I am coming to stay at Chancery Court this sunday through wednesday, also on reward stay. one question to the masses: for our party of 3 (me, wife, 10 year old) would we be better off getting a king bed (if that bed type exists there) and a rollaway, or 2 doubles and we draw straws to see who sleeps with the 10 year old.

if any other FT's are there during this timeframe, maybe we can have a mini-do one night.
I would go for the king and the roll-away if that is possible. I went with 3 adults, and we couldn't sleep two comfortably on the double beds.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 1:21 pm

FYI - alt0163 gives a £ symbol

On a US keyboard do Numlock then hold the alt key and key 0163 on the numeric keypad - you will get a £ (UK pound) sign.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Thanks, all

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. Right now, I'm leaning toward Regents Park, but I am still weighing all the choices.

I'm just glad I was offered so many options. At the Marriott website, I was offered 17 (SEVENTEEN!) award-redeeming properties in London for my dates (12/25/04 - 1/1/05). With programs being criticized for lack of award availability, I feel fortunate to be offered all those choices.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by asandrs
On a US keyboard do Numlock then hold the alt key and key 0163 on the numeric keypad - you will get a £ (UK pound) sign.
That works fine. How do you do the Euro symbol?
Old Sep 30, 2004, 6:25 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
Originally Posted by srk123
That works fine. How do you do the Euro symbol?
Holding down the Alt key while entering 0128 on the numeric keyboard gets the Euro symbol (€) in most recent Windows versions.
Old Sep 30, 2004, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hmm - I must be a doh-doh. I just tried to do the pound & euro & it didn't work.

But back to the thread - it's 75GPB to upgrade at Grosvenor Square.

Cheers.
Sharon
Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:07 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Another London Hotel Question

Will be in London in December and need reccomendation whether to stay at Mt Grosvenor House or Mt Grosvenor Square. I know Mt Grosvenor House is presently undergoing renovations and am concerned about conditions. Any input or experiences with either hotel would be greatly appreciated. Am aware of search capabilities but need more current info. Thanx.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 8:45 am

Programs: CO- PLat
stayed at both last summer, although the grovesnor house was part of the meridian chain then.

the hotels are both in the same neighborhood and equadistant to the underground

the london marriott is a smaller hotel which i liked better , but that is my taste (smaller hotels). someone always says hello to you on the way out as the lobby is small. ( i have stayed there a few times on business as well) we got an executive suite upgrade on points. restaurant and con lounge are good

grovesnor house is on park lane but the entrance is the back of the hotel. a bigger hotel, rooms are nice (actually the bathrooms are nicer here). didnt use the restaurants so i cant comment. the workout room is good and has an indoor pool.
Old Oct 4, 2004, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I, too, was checking out award availability and the Ren Chan (I actually found a 7-night stretch; looking at the nights+miles deal). I remembered this thread, but it kind of frosts me a little.

What's the point of being a Platinum if you have to pay (and a healthy charge at that) to get upgraded?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 4:39 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by BigLar
I, too, was checking out award availability and the Ren Chan (I actually found a 7-night stretch; looking at the nights+miles deal). I remembered this thread, but it kind of frosts me a little.

What's the point of being a Platinum if you have to pay (and a healthy charge at that) to get upgraded?
I have stayed there as a Gold in the past and got upgraded without paying anything. I suspect you would have to pay if you didn't have status at all or if you wanted to your reservation to GUARANTEE the upgrade (i.e. not risking no upgraded rooms being available on day of arrival).
Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
Regent's Park

I like the Regent's Park location. Its not far from the tube, the night buses run nearby if necessary. Its walking distance to the park, the hip open air markets and there's a nice variety of restaurants/pubs in the area. I would definitely debate using rewards points vs. cheap holiday rates. You ought to be able to find something in the low 100gbp range there. Rooms are comfortable but beds are not large. Doubles are the norm. They do have kings, too. Check on getting two rooms and see if they'll give you a cut rate on the second. The Regent's also has a nice indoor pool, too.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:00 am

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
County Hall

^ Ditto on Omhark's comments. Took the wife and teenage daughter to this location last summer. Great views of Big Ben and Parliament. Easy walk to tube and train stations. It also has a great recognition factor long after your stay. I can't count the number of movies, news casts, etc. that we have seen since our return that show glimpses of the County Hall building in the background.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:23 am

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by ohmark
But then, Chancery Court does not have world-class views, and is located in a relatively non-descript area.
Non-descript? I agree with the lack of world-class views. But the area is hardly non-descript. And it's also very conveniently located, within walking distance of a lot of things (such as Coventry Garden, British Museum, etc.), and the tube is right around the corner.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by choptliva
Non-descript? I agree with the lack of world-class views. But the area is hardly non-descript. And it's also very conveniently located, within walking distance of a lot of things (such as Coventry Garden, British Museum, etc.), and the tube is right around the corner.
We disagree, but please note the adjective I used, left out of your post: "relatively". What that meant was that, in my opinion, the area around the wonderful Chancery Court, does not measure up to the scenery around the historic County Hall. When you go for a short walk around County Hall, your eyes tend to pop-out if you're a first or second-timer. It's just not the same around the Chancery Court. But, Mr. Chopt, you're free to disagree.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 10:39 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Originally Posted by ohmark
But, Mr. Chopt, you're free to disagree.
OK, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.