Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 3:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
I have used a Dinner-For-Two cert at the County Hall Restaurant and I emailed Marriott to ask if I could use one at Bord'eaux - the reply was a definite 'yes'.

We found it to be very good value at the County Hall Restaurant and would definitely use one there again.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
The Bordeaux restaurant was open when we were there last month. I did ask, and you could use the dinner for 2 certificate there. After eating in the lounge hsnacks we never felt hungry enough for a large meal, so just had soup and salad there. Also ate breakfast there one morning when there was something wrong in the lounge.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: Marriott plat, DL Diamond
cert verification

Recently used one at County Hall. Before departing for London and ordering cert, sent email to hotel concierge to verify I could use it. Then held onto email, just in case...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:05 am

London-Grosvenor Square or Chancery Court for family of 4

Hi, This is my first post but I have read up on the Marriotts in London. My husband and I and our two teenage sons are using points for a visit to London over our Thanksgiving holiday, Nov. 25-30. I have two options to accomodate four in a room: Renaissaunce Chancery Court confirmed allowed me to make a rservation for 4 in a room - but the room details in the confirmation said 2 double beds and the maximum for the room was three I can also book a club level room at Grosvenor Square for an extra $75 a night which has a pull out couch anad the possiblity of a roll away (don't want to pay extra for that too) and food in the lounge. I think I prefer Chancery Court but knowing that I'll have enough space for four when we show up (peace of mind) and food to keep my sons from starving is a definite plus. Any thoughts or insights?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:15 am

As a follow up. My husband just received a temporary upgrade from Silver to Gold until December. Will this entitle us to an upgrade if we are using points?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We just stayed at the County Hall with 4 and had loads of room. I think the area might appeal to teenagers more as well.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 11:17 am

Thanks Vicki. That hotel does not come up when I choose a London hotel, with points, and 4 to a room on their reservations. I will try by typing on that specific hotel.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It won't. Officially they only only 3 in their double/double rooms. However, we had no problem putting 4 in one, in fact it was a much bigger room than most European double/doubles I've been in. Also noone blinked an eye at the 4 of us at check-in.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Since you mentioned the London Eye, I'm assuming you're referring to County Hall w/ the above report. Just wanted to clarify for those reading the thread, since it's not mentioned.

Last time I stayed at CH I had a 'river' view & when I opened the curtains, I was looking at all the folk on the eye who were looking in at me! Ended up keeping the curtains closed for the entire stay.

Cheers.
We must have had the same room on our recent vacation at the County Hall in London!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum,
We also stayed with our two kids (not yet teens) at the County Hall Marriott. I booked for three and emailed that there were four of us. We had no problems checking in, and were all allowed in the lounge. I loved the location, and if you get a river room, you will be facing the Houses of Parliament.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
I've stayed at both GS and CC. Both are superb. I personally prefer GS, but for a party of four including teenagers, CC is probably the better of the two. Reason being there are more larger rooms at CC, although GS does have some very nice executive kings that include a sleeper sofa.

However, I'd agree that County Hall might be a better choice for a party including the teenagers. Especially if you and/or they are first time visitors. CH is right in the middle of most of the major tourist attractions.

Those attractions are easy enough to get to from either CC or GS, but the teens might get a little bored with the immediate surroundings at either place. CC is in what's basically a business district, while GS is in an upscale residential area. GS, however, is less than a five minute walk to Oxford street shopping....and there are plenty of fast food places within walking distance if the teens need a fix for pizza, Mickey D's, KFC, etc.

I'm in London twice a year on business as well as to visit our daughter who's lived and worked in London for seven years. So feel free to pm me if I can help you with anything specific.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:30 pm

Thanks Vicki, yul lite, and Cyberdad! I'll do a little research the County Hall - just didn't think it was an option They do have a King and pullout couch at the Grosvenor Square. It sounds like I can't go wrong with any of the choices but the CH may be more fun for my sons.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by lovethecape
Thanks Vicki, yul lite, and Cyberdad! I'll do a little research the County Hall - just didn't think it was an option They do have a King and pullout couch at the Grosvenor Square. It sounds like I can't go wrong with any of the choices but the CH may be more fun for my sons.
No, there are no "wrong answers" with these three. It boils down to your own personal tastes, needs, and circumstances. Again, feel free to pm me if I can help with anything specific. My daughter who lives and teaches in London used to work within walking distance of both CC and CH (different gigs). And, as for GS, I'll be there myself for a couple of nights at the end of the month.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
In terms of room size, County Hall wins out.

There is probably little difference between RCC and GH, both being large for London and small for many other places.

Not sure how young your teenagers are, but RCC has an age limit on the Exec Lounge of 16+. I haven't a clue how or if that's enforced.

There are lots of threads comparing the three, but with County Hall, a River view room can get you a decent sight of Big Ben which is cool. The London Eye and South Bank is right on the doorstep.

GH is probably the furthest from the tube and there is less to do in the immediate vicinty, but it is a very nice hotel, perhaps with a marginally more luxurious feel than the others (both of which are actually very smart indeed).

RCC is handy for the British Museum and a 5 minute walk from Covent Garden.

Assuming you get the room sorted, you won't be disappointed with any of them.

As with cyberdad, feel free to PM me as well. I'm in RCC this week, GH next week and stay in one or the other regularly.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
As a platinum staying 6 nights in December and looking for a nice room upgrade - how would I go about asking? Could I ask for a park view, balcony, CL room? A specific room number? Any recommendations? Have previously stayed in a room on the 3rd floor that was nice sized and overlooked the park but wasn't considered a "park view" due to some obstructions. That room had a king-sized bed and this time I've requested 2 doubles/twins. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.