Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Old Jun 11, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ohmark
If you choose County Hall (and I would), the single most important factor is to secure a room with what I call "the view." That is, a view of the Thames, Parliament, and Big Ben. As a plat, you should have absolutely no problem getting an upgrade to one.
I agree. Last year I, as a Gold, got upgraded to a room with a truly fabulous view encompassing all of the above. It was a points stay.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Of the London properties I've stayed at, this is how I would rank them (highest first, and also number of minutes' walk to nearest tube):

Grosvenor House (3 stays) - 6-7 minutes
Chancery Court (1 stay) - 1 minute
Marble Arch (1 stay) - 4-5 minutes
Kensington (3 stays) - 4-5 minutes
Old Jun 12, 2009, 7:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by User Name
Of the London properties I've stayed at, this is how I would rank them (highest first, and also number of minutes' walk to nearest tube):

Grosvenor House (3 stays) - 6-7 minutes
Chancery Court (1 stay) - 1 minute
Marble Arch (1 stay) - 4-5 minutes
Kensington (3 stays) - 4-5 minutes
A couple of more in terms of distance to the tube....

West India Quay-1 minute (just outside of the hotel...even closer than CC)
Grosvenor Square-3 minutes

I'm a little fuzzy on County Hall....having never walked directly between the hotel and the tube, but based on memory and my knowledge of the area, I'd estimate 3-5 minutes. (I stand to be corrected).
Old Jun 12, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Vote for the Park Lane!

I was on an award stay at the Park Lane in the beggining of May. Got upgraded to a suite facing Hyde Park. Excellent concierge lounge! Location is within a minute of the Marble Arch tube station and a starting point for the Hop On Hop Off tour buses.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by cyberdad
County Hall: Best for first time visitors. Central to tourist attractions. .

2 words..BIG BEN.

To be able to hear ole' BB ring from your room is AWESOME.

I have been to London many times, and will ONLY stay at County Hall now!
Old Jun 13, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cyberdad
I'm a little fuzzy on County Hall....having never walked directly between the hotel and the tube, but based on memory and my knowledge of the area, I'd estimate 3-5 minutes. (I stand to be corrected).
Yeah I'd say your estimate was about right.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
London Marriotts - Largest Rooms

I am just a Silver that has a three night awards stay coming up in July. I know there are tons of postings about the London Marriott properties, but my question is a bit different, what Marriott has the largest guest rooms (non suites). There will be four of us and I am reserving a double double. I want a room that is spacious. Currently I am booked at Marriott Marble Arch. Comments welcomed.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:12 pm

Well, I just checked out of the Renassaince Chaucery Court in London this am and now back in the US and I have stayed at County Hall, Kesington, Maiuda Vale, Marble Arch, Grosenvor House and the Ren is fabulous and the room was bigger than any US Marriot I have ever stayed in Request room 323 and the concierge liung is 20 paces doen the hall.

The only big irritant was that there were no electrical outlets in the bathroom so when you want to blow dry your hair you must do that where the plugs are in the room. Big drag for the folks trying to sleep and it gets worse. You cannot turn the BR light on [in the middle of the night] or the bedside light without putting the key in the slot by the entry way. When you put your key in everything lights up so if you have to go to the BR you do so in the dark or wake the whole room up. Crazy!
The best thing about this property is Pearl's restuarant, if you can get breakfast included the breakfast there[we had 3 in our room and all 3 got the breakfast] was superb, Enjoy ... hope this helps
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Welcome to the UK! UK bathroom do not have full electrical sockets in them just shaver style ones, its very hard to pass building code with one in (i.e. impossible I think)

Also I am confused, when you enter the room you put your key in the slot, why would you take it out to go to bed?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Marble Arch rooms are relatively small in teh scheme of things.

My experience is that County Hall probably has the largest rooms, with Grosvenor House and Chancery Court next and Marble Arch, Regents Park and Maida Vale coming in with the smallest rooms.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was bummed to read on a Tripadvisor review that children are not allowed in the County Hall pool after 7 pm. I'll have to time my kids' workouts appropriately. One of the reasons we are staying there is so they can get in a couple of workouts in the 25 meter pool as they are competetive swimmers and I don't like them to go too long without a workout. It's not like they'd be causing a ruckes, just swimming laps with me trailing pathetically behind.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:47 pm

If staying in a hotel which requires the key-card to be inserted into the slot to keep the room's electrics on, just stick something like a supermarket loyalty card in instead - works a treat.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by GlennTheBaker
If staying in a hotel which requires the key-card to be inserted into the slot to keep the room's electrics on, just stick something like a supermarket loyalty card in instead - works a treat.
But would it not have the same effect.. when you put the slot in the foyer it turns on the electronics and in orer to put the BR light on at night you must insert the card back in and it also turns on all the lights in the room. how would a supermarket loyalty card be different? Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:09 pm

We just got back from the UK today. We stayed at the Ren Chancery Court for a week on points, and we were upgraded to the CL which was very nice of them. Good snacks 5:30 - 7:30, even better desserts 7:30 to 9:30. We were very happy with the location and room size.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I was bummed to read on a Tripadvisor review that children are not allowed in the County Hall pool after 7 pm. I'll have to time my kids' workouts appropriately. One of the reasons we are staying there is so they can get in a couple of workouts in the 25 meter pool as they are competetive swimmers and I don't like them to go too long without a workout. It's not like they'd be causing a ruckes, just swimming laps with me trailing pathetically behind.
Nothing to lose by having a quick word with the manager explaining the situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.