Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2009, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Simply being a general (i.e. non-elite) member of Marriott Rewards won't get you much (if anything) with respect to special rates.

Does it have to be a Marriott? If you simply want to be in the neighborhood, I would try Priceline and bid on what you can afford.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 8:40 pm
Suspended

I was just in Mayfair and the best rates at any Marriott were appx 300+ GBP. Mayfair is fairly expensive, I would suggest not only PriceLine (do your homework 1st @ www.betterbidding.com & www.biddingfortravel.com ) and stay away from Mayfair and the City itself especially if weekdays are when you need to be there. Going out a bit and using public transport to go back & firh will save you alot of Money

The hotels in Mayfair and close by are more on the Luxury end and wont be cheap
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by b1513
Check to see if there is a special conference rate for the rooms. You might want to check nearby hotels that may be less costly. Don't forget to join Marriott rewards so you'll get the points if you decide to go with Marriott.

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Bobette
Thank Bobette, I checked n theres no conference rate, I inquired about it so no luck there, unfortunately.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by craz
I was just in Mayfair and the best rates at any Marriott were appx 300+ GBP. Mayfair is fairly expensive, I would suggest not only PriceLine (do your homework 1st @ www.betterbidding.com & www.biddingfortravel.com ) and stay away from Mayfair and the City itself especially if weekdays are when you need to be there. Going out a bit and using public transport to go back & firh will save you alot of Money

The hotels in Mayfair and close by are more on the Luxury end and wont be cheap
Yea I tried lookin around the area but most of them are pretty must up there as well with marriott and I figured, since I've never been to london and considerin its winter, I'm in Australia and have never been in london b4, that it would be the best bet to stay somewhere close but the prices are certainly overwhelming, I'm gonna have to study a lil harder just to keep up with these people...haha!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by weld3z
meda vale its marriott good price
Is that very far from Mayfair? Sorry but its going to be my first time in London.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 2:29 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi spainard,

Originally Posted by spainard
Is that very far from Mayfair? Sorry but its going to be my first time in London.
By tube, it's not tremendously far. However, just looking at some January dates, the rate there is still GBP 105 per night.

To help us give you better advice:
- what are the dates of your visit?
- what is your budget?

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 14, 2009, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi spainard,

By tube, it's not tremendously far. However, just looking at some January dates, the rate there is still GBP 105 per night.

To help us give you better advice:
- what are the dates of your visit?
- what is your budget?

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Hey GenevaFlyer,

Thanks for your reply. I must say, I'm tremendously greatful to everyone here who has taken the time to advise me, truly appreciate it.

As far as my iteniary goes,

I'll be at the conf from the 24th - 28th of Jan, thats at Marriott Hotel Grosvenor, the conf proper is from the 25th & 26th but I'm flying in a day earlier and taking another day for sightseeing. Budget wise, I can push 120 GBP per day but that would be my limit. Would appreciate any advise at all.

Cheers!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:27 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi spainard,

A quick look at the Marriott website gives me one realistic option within an acceptable distance:

- Marriott Maida Vale - GBP 105 per night, for a 21-day in advance full prepay

Going off-topic, a quick look at hotels.com gives me:

- Some two stars in the Mayfair area for around GBP 44 - GBP 55 average per night
- The St-George hotel (4*) for avg GBP 89
- The Saint Georges hotel (4*) for avg GBP 99
- Holiday Inn Regents Park (3*) for avg GBP 76
- Curzon Plaza - Apartments for avg GBP 99

Just some options, I would suggest digging around on the suggested sites, and pricelining it as well.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 14, 2009, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi spainard,

A quick look at the Marriott website gives me one realistic option within an acceptable distance:

- Marriott Maida Vale - GBP 105 per night, for a 21-day in advance full prepay

Going off-topic, a quick look at hotels.com gives me:

- Some two stars in the Mayfair area for around GBP 44 - GBP 55 average per night
- The St-George hotel (4*) for avg GBP 89
- The Saint Georges hotel (4*) for avg GBP 99
- Holiday Inn Regents Park (3*) for avg GBP 76
- Curzon Plaza - Apartments for avg GBP 99

Just some options, I would suggest digging around on the suggested sites, and pricelining it as well.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Hi GenevaFlyer,

Thanks for your advise, will do. Fingers cross I'll be able to get something decent within the budget and hava good stay in London. I'm really looking forward to it though, its my first time there.

Cheers!
Old Dec 14, 2009, 7:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The Priceline advice is pretty good in this case. I have booked via Priceline a few times in the past few months for the Mayfair area. 3 times out of 4, I have got a Marriott, including twice at the Grosvenor House.

In terms of price, I've bid around 100 + Tax (so under 120) for a 5* hotel in Mayfair. Well worth trying this route before paying to stay a bit further away, or at a lesser hotel.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
I would also say to look at www.tfl.gov.uk (Transport for London) to look at the tube maps to see how easy it is to get to / from Mayfair should you stay outside of Mayfair. It also has a journey planner on there so you can put your start and end stops in and get an idea of the time it will take. Looks like Bond Street is the nearest tube station (on Jubilee and Central Lines) and is pretty central so fairly easy to get to from anywhere (there are lots of hotels in Kensington so you could go from Earls Court / Gloucester Road and then use Piccadilly and Jubilee lines to get to Bond Street).

Finally - another website to use is laterooms.com. it allows you to specify the area of London you wish to stay in.
Old Dec 14, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Depends on the dates?

I have got 3 nights booked at RCC for 85 + VAT at the end of Jan over the weekend. You should be able to get something similar if it over a weekend.

Hint LNF is very useful sometimes.

SM
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by toothy
I would also say to look at www.tfl.gov.uk (Transport for London) to look at the tube maps to see how easy it is to get to / from Mayfair should you stay outside of Mayfair. It also has a journey planner on there so you can put your start and end stops in and get an idea of the time it will take. Looks like Bond Street is the nearest tube station (on Jubilee and Central Lines) and is pretty central so fairly easy to get to from anywhere (there are lots of hotels in Kensington so you could go from Earls Court / Gloucester Road and then use Piccadilly and Jubilee lines to get to Bond Street).

Finally - another website to use is laterooms.com. it allows you to specify the area of London you wish to stay in.
Thanks toothy, I'm lookin it up now.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC GOLD, EK Skywards Gold, AC Aeroplan Elite, SQ PPS
I am attending a conference at the same hotel immediately after you done with your conference, am arriving on 25th, the best deal I got is at Hilton Hyde park for 69 pounds a night, it is a good hotel and not far by walking.

I got arate of 120 at the Marriott Grosvenor Square, but wondering if I will take it or not!

Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:38 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Grosvenor House is situated in the most ruinously expensive part of London, 120 inc tax is a very small budget for that area, though I would agree, pricelining it could bring up a real steal of a deal (comparatively).

Londons great advantage is its tube, you're never far away from it and its cheap (buy an Oyster card, available at all stations and a lot of newsagents, 3 deposit, limits your tube cost to about 5 a day and anything unused can be repaid when you hand it back at the end of your visit). For more info go to tfl.gov.uk. Save money on the cost into london form heathrow by using the Piccadilly tube line for peanuts instead of the expensive Heathrow express.

Stay away from the city centre and commute in by tube and you'll really save. I like booking.com which has hotels in popularity order according to reviews, also tripadvisor.com to double check. Its worth taking a bit of time and researching since London is a fab city, but any stay is a trial if the hotel stinks!

Last edited by BrightlyBob; Dec 17, 2009 at 10:47 am Reason: Typos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.