Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
If they pull that nonsense on me, I'll do a DYKWIA. If I book 2 rooms, I should be able to bring +1 for each room.
Okay.. you do that
Old May 21, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I don't understand. I'm booking both rooms in my name.

EDIT: Oh I saw your other post in the thread. If they pull that nonsense on me, I'll do a DYKWIA. If I book 2 rooms, I should be able to bring +1 for each room.
Lol which rule say u can bring a +1 for each room ?
Kindly point me to that.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I don't understand. I'm booking both rooms in my name.

EDIT: Oh I saw your other post in the thread. If they pull that nonsense on me, I'll do a DYKWIA. If I book 2 rooms, I should be able to bring +1 for each room.
Hahaha. On what basis? How many basic rooms do you think you can book concurrently in your name to get all the member benefits? I'll tell you how many. One.

You'll get points for the additional room but that's it.

The only nonsense everyone in this forum reading your post is seeing is your DYKWIA entitlement. Membership is personal. Benefits for member + 1. Same as it's always been. DYKWIA? A personal member of a hotel loyalty scheme, like all of us, and subject to membership rules.

That said, it never hurt to be nice to check in or lounge staff and sometimes you get favours if they like you but that's all they are. Maybe your strident, entitled, tone in this post was not intended but if your communication is like this when you check in then I'd say you're unlikely to get any favours from check in staff.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:26 am

Bonvoy has gone to this policy of member +1. I've booked two rooms before and almost always been denied access from the second room. They respond by asking "which room was the member actually sleeping in?" The reason they went to this system is that some members would book rooms for all their friends so everyone could get access. I've heard of people booking up to ten rooms. This is completely unfair and why they enforce this policy. Unfortunately, these people who gamed the system ruined it for the casual family traveler. The cost for lounge access varies from hotel to hotel. Usually, in the USA, you're not subject to this policy, but lounges here kinda suck compared to Asia where you have full breakfast/afternoon snacks/dinner, and alcohol. I've been charged as much as $50 for lounge access, which is a bit much. I thought LM lounge rates are reasonable.
Old May 21, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Peasant at large
Lounge access is for the member with required status level and 1 guest regardless of whether this guest is a visitor, another hotel guest or a second guest in the member's room. Rooms reserved by a member, regardless of elite level, do not accord lounge access to its occupants just because the room was reserved by a member that does. There are room types that provide lounge access where all registered guests of the room are eligible. You can always ask but you have zero grounds to be upset if they say no.

Pulling a DYKWIA and/or abusing elite privileges is just poor form and screws things up for other members. Just don't do it.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
I checked out the Le Meridien, and their fees for breakfast and lounge are just daylight robbery. Having said that, I'll get another room so that we don't run into this issue.
I don't think daylight robbery is a fair description when lounge access includes a full buffet breakfast, full buffet dinner including alcohol (beer, wine, spirits) and coffee and cake all day long, and even cut sandwiches, yoghurt and fruit for lunch.

And the scale of the offering is why they don't extend free lounge access to non-paying non-Plat guests.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Hahaha. On what basis? How many basic rooms do you think you can book concurrently in your name to get all the member benefits? I'll tell you how many. One.

You'll get points for the additional room but that's it.

The only nonsense everyone in this forum reading your post is seeing is your DYKWIA entitlement. Membership is personal. Benefits for member + 1. Same as it's always been. DYKWIA? A personal member of a hotel loyalty scheme, like all of us, and subject to membership rules.

That said, it never hurt to be nice to check in or lounge staff and sometimes you get favours if they like you but that's all they are. Maybe your strident, entitled, tone in this post was not intended but if your communication is like this when you check in then I'd say you're unlikely to get any favours from check in staff.
The rules are ridiculous then. I book two rooms, both rooms should be benefit. Feel free to disagree, but I'm not above asserting myself when I feel like it. Unlike most people, I don't fear confrontation. Especially since I have elite status. And there's nothing wrong with DYKWIA entitlement.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by HollyGlen
I don't think daylight robbery is a fair description when lounge access includes a full buffet breakfast, full buffet dinner including alcohol (beer, wine, spirits) and coffee and cake all day long, and even cut sandwiches, yoghurt and fruit for lunch.

And the scale of the offering is why they don't extend free lounge access to non-paying non-Plat guests.
I checked the city, and at 150 MYR, you can get a much better buffet dinner at other restaurants. Seriously cut sandwiches, yoghurt and fruit? What do you think this hotel is the USA? That's literally worthless food.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:57 pm

The rules are ridiculous then. I book two rooms, both rooms should be benefit. Feel free to disagree, but I'm not above asserting myself when I feel like it. Unlike most people, I don't fear confrontation. Especially since I have elite status. And there's nothing wrong with DYKWIA entitlement.
so if you book ten rooms in your name, you expect everyone in those rooms to benefit from (your) one member’s elite status? If that’s the case, I’ve been doing it wrong the past decade.

kind of ridiculous if you ask me. This is definitely what Arne is referring to as noise around the edge.
samosa and kodansha999 like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

so if you book ten rooms in your name, you expect everyone in those rooms to benefit from (your) one member’s elite status? If that’s the case, I’ve been doing it wrong the past decade.

kind of ridiculous if you ask me. This is definitely what Arne is referring to as noise around the edge.
I'm not booking 10 rooms, I'm booking 2 rooms with 3 people.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:15 pm

I'm not booking 10 rooms, I'm booking 2 rooms with 3 people.
what’s the difference if the rule is one?

Anyways... try to be nice about it when asking for access for second room and you may get it. But they are not required to provide. Pulling a DYKWIA on this is just bad form.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by myperks

what’s the difference if the rule is one?

Anyways... try to be nice about it when asking for access for second room and you may get it. But they are not required to provide. Pulling a DYKWIA on this is just bad form.
I will try the carrot first, but as I said this policy is outrageous, but I guess with Marriott this is the crap you get.

If you really want to push it, then I should be given credit for all the times I did not have a +1 (which is majority of my trips). So it's ok that they don't credit me my +1 if I am traveling alone, but when I book two rooms, I cannot get +1 for each room. Please...
Old May 22, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: SQ TPP
You're booking 2 rooms with 3 people, and the Titanium member benefits apply to one of those rooms, unless I'm wrong? You can ask for extra benefits either now or at checkin but they are not obliged to give it to you. Of course some people successfully bully hotels into giving them free things as well.
Don't know how a buffet at another hotel can be compared to the full day lounge at the hotel, including breakfast, evening food and the all day options. And of course the lounge itself which is really nice. I seem to remember that members (+1) are also given a choice of breakfast at the restaurant at the hotel, but not sure if this is still true?
Old May 22, 2019, 10:28 pm

I will try the carrot first, but as I said this policy is outrageous, but I guess with Marriott this is the crap you get.

If you really want to push it, then I should be given credit for all the times I did not have a +1 (which is majority of my trips). So it's ok that they don't credit me my +1 if I am traveling alone, but when I book two rooms, I cannot get +1 for each room. Please...
you might be happier at Hyatt and Hilton then.

And by your logic, if you book a room for two and you’re the only one that shows up x 50 nights a year, you expect to be comped another 50 nights because you didn’t have a second person. Ridiculous logic. I truly hope all hotels reject your “carrot”.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:30 pm

Programs: SQ TPP

No you shouldn't because that's just not how the program works. SPG was the same. Is there any hotel company out there that operates like this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.