Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
I am more then familiar with the various Marriott props in KL having been to most of them more then once (each) however each of us finds various props the best and even at the best all one needs is one idiot noisy neighbor or a 2AM fire alarm to ruin the entire stay since the stay is basically being used to qual for P challenge frankly your way over thinking this but in my opinion:
Best views - Renaissance (but ongoing construction)
Best restaurants in the area - JW (but I hate the traffic here)
Historical digs - Majestic ( if you can get old wing)

Originally Posted by barracuda93
Hmm, why not? I rather switch hotels than be stuck in the same one, even a nice one. I would stay in KL four nights in Jan, different hotels, two of which of Marriott.
KL centre is rather small (actually walkable, if you forget the heat), Grab/Uber are cheap, I see no problem moving between few properties and I have done it before.

P. S. I actually could easily get 2–3 nights at JW or Majestic for free (cat 1–5 cert + SPG points transfer), but I verily do not want that.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:33 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by Srisarin
but in my opinion:
Best views - Renaissance (but ongoing construction)
Best restaurants in the area - JW (but I hate the traffic here)
Historical digs - Majestic ( if you can get old wing)
Thanks for advise! What would you say about club lounges in these three (and maybe in RC too)?
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
I would choose the JW, but for breakfast although you can eat in either the lounge or restaurant I find the chairs in the restaurant very uncomfortable, but then again I normally only have 3 mugs of java in the morning and opt for the dim sum place across the street, but looks like you’re from Taiwan so you already know and have the soup dim sum (I stay at the Hyatt next to 101 for dim sum)

Thanks for advise! What would you say about club lounges in these three (and maybe in RC too)?
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
3. The newly-renovated executive lounge just opened. Staff is exceptional. They knew my name by the end of the first day. I think they took a picture of me. Newspapers and magazines available. The food, hot and cold, is enough for a meal but like many renovated hotels the tables and chairs aren't terribly comfortable for eating a meal. Plus, they only provide cocktail napkins. At least the plates are full-size. The complimentary cocktail service runs 4 hours from 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. and includes two red wines, a white wine, and Italian sparkling wine (La Contessa). The wine ranges from about $10-$20 a bottle, according to a quick search on Google.
So no scotch, no cognac and no champagne? That's disappointing actually.
Alawyer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I was just in KL. I think RC has nice rooms, but view may be limited esp with the construction going on next door. JW is closer to the Pavilion, but traffic can be more challenging.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
No "champagne," but the Italian sparkling wine was good. Finding real good wine in Southeast Asia isn't easy. Kendall Jackson is considered an upscale wine brand in some of these countries.

From memory, the selection of spirits was equivelent to a good airline lounge. They were also self-serve.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
There are already threads on the RC in KL that discusses the new West Wing rooms. The new West Wing lounge is quite good as well but the happy hour finishes earlier than the JW.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ighlight=kuala
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Alawyer
There are already threads on the RC in KL that discusses the new West Wing rooms. The new West Wing lounge is quite good as well but the happy hour finishes earlier than the JW.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ighlight=kuala
Different hotels. The West vs East is the Ren, which is the largest hotel in Malaysia. The RC is the Ritz-Carlton.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:44 am

Ren is somewhat cheaper, but not that much to opt for it.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
I really liked the Stripes hotel from their Autograph collection. Not far from Ren and walkable to Bukit Bintang or a few stops on Monorail. Close to a mall (I guess all KL hotels would be). For me best thing was right behind hotel was a mamak stall.

Hotel is situated in what looks like a recently gentrified area. Clean and polished up and yet still with the old charm.

On reviews some complain about not having the full variety of breakfast items. I found it more than enough. There's only so much a person can have for breakfast.

I've stayed at JW and Ren in KL many times but now I'd rather go back to Stripes.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by jahason
I've stayed at JW and Ren in KL many times but now I'd rather go back to Stripes.
Oh wow.
I have stayed at Stripes once (good rate with LNF) and I have an upcoming night there again (one of four in KL, again on LNF). Got a solid upgrade and had been really happy with Red Bull in complimentary minibar.

I am still surprised to hear that high praise of it. Not that hotel isn't great – it is – but I do find its location and lounge somewhat disappointing.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The complimentary cocktail service runs 4 hours from 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Wow 5 hours for cocktail service... that's just about the longest cocktail service I've come across. In some hotels, the lounge serves hot food for first two hours, then the hot food is cleared and only desserts and snacks like nuts and crisps are served only during the last two hours. How is it here? I'm arriving quite late... circa 9 pm... hence wondering if I can go grab some hot food from the lounge quickly then call it a night as I have an early start the following day, or would I have to call room service or venture out for dinner and waste at least an hour?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

4 hours happy hour is very generous - the other Marriott options in KL stop at 7-7:30pm
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:53 pm

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?
4 hours happy hour is very generous - the other Marriott options in KL stop at 7-7:30pm
Haha. Well, I have had a decent choice of sprits at JW Shanghai, as I recall, and definitely had Hennesy at Hongta there (well, that's SPG, but comparable level).
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Wow 5 hours for cocktail service... that's just about the longest cocktail service I've come across. In some hotels, the lounge serves hot food for first two hours, then the hot food is cleared and only desserts and snacks like nuts and crisps are served only during the last two hours. How is it here? I'm arriving quite late... circa 9 pm... hence wondering if I can go grab some hot food from the lounge quickly then call it a night as I have an early start the following day, or would I have to call room service or venture out for dinner and waste at least an hour?
If memory serves, they kept a selection of cheese, fruit, etc. out past 9 p.m.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.