Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
How do the RC treat Plats upgrade-wise? I have a deluxe club room booked, should I use SN vouchers or will they upgrade me anyway? (I'll hit Plat Prem jthe day I'll arrive arriving, so that will not show up in their systems yet)
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Is StR KUL charging reasonable rates now? It was grossly inflated when it initially opened.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
Is StR KUL charging reasonable rates now? It was grossly inflated when it initially opened.
Still pretty much inflated unless you have a corporate rate.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How do the RC treat Plats upgrade-wise? I have a deluxe club room booked, should I use SN vouchers or will they upgrade me anyway? (I'll hit Plat Prem jthe day I'll arrive arriving, so that will not show up in their systems yet)
Stay at the J.W. Marriott. It's attached to the Ritz through a shopping mall and both properties are managed by the same general manager. At the J.W. Marriott, you'll get lounge access and a suite upgrade, based on past experiences and reports.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:20 am

JW Marriott KUL - October 2018

My previous stays have been documented above in posts 324 and 325. I will concentrate on the Executive Lounge food offering in this post. Most other things remain unchanged.

Room:

Happy Hour - Day 1:

Afternoon tea:

Happy Hour - Day 2:

Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Anyone knows if Renaissance or JW will allow Platinum Premier privileges for 2 rooms. I don't care much about the upgrade, but do care about breakfast.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Anyone knows if Renaissance or JW will allow Platinum Premier privileges for 2 rooms. I don't care much about the upgrade, but do care about breakfast.
Bumping

I posted it on the weekend and maybe it fell off the recent threads before anyone with information could notice it.

Last edited by vishalgupta22; Nov 12, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:47 pm

Kuala Lumpur

Wanted to do a mattress run in KL to take advantage of Marriott's multiple brand promotion. While I am very familiar with the Le Meridien & Aloft, the Renaissance, Element & Stripes are all totally new to me. They all seem to be similarly priced - but how do they rate in terms of the product, F&B and surrounding area (especially restaurants in the immediate vicinity)? Are they comparable to the Sheraton Imperial, which I do not particularly fond of?
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I have heard that Hotel Stripes isn't as good as it seems. The room is quite small and their beds are Queen at most. Renaissance has good service...which i hope to experience it in a few weeks.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by puchong
Wanted to do a mattress run in KL to take advantage of Marriott's multiple brand promotion. While I am very familiar with the Le Meridien & Aloft, the Renaissance, Element & Stripes are all totally new to me. They all seem to be similarly priced - but how do they rate in terms of the product, F&B and surrounding area (especially restaurants in the immediate vicinity)? Are they comparable to the Sheraton Imperial, which I do not particularly fond of?
Main question is whether you're Platinum or not and hence will want lounge access. You can see the Stripes hotel from the lounge in the Sheraton so that answers that on location. Ren is closer to KLCC but in vaguely the same area while the Element is the other side of KLCC park.

If you want lounge access then the only choice there is the Ren (if you've written off the Sheraton).
CJKatl likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
My favorite is the le Meridien.
The Renaissance is very good value as well, breakfast in restaurant or lounge. The lounge is pretty nice for evening cocktail hours as well. Room rate are usually cheap there.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I just had a great stay at the JW Marriott in KL. I know it's not on your list, but I really liked the property (adding in case useful for anyone else!)
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by shevboyz
My favorite is the le Meridien.
The Renaissance is very good value as well, breakfast in restaurant or lounge. The lounge is pretty nice for evening cocktail hours as well. Room rate are usually cheap there.
Originally Posted by Flapster
I just had a great stay at the JW Marriott in KL. I know it's not on your list, but I really liked the property (adding in case useful for anyone else!)
The Le Meridien and Renaissance both get consistently good reviews on here, especially the respective lounges. J.W. Marriott is great, but the rates are much higher than other properties in Kuala Lumpur. I can't speak to the Le Meridien pool, but the Renaissance has an excellent pool, if you want to just hang out and get some sun.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Why is the Majestic not on your list. As a Plat I was given an UG to a spectacular two room suite with a very nice bathroom with a great soaking tub. You can take the inexpensive train from the airport and, like the Sheraton, get a free shuttle to the hotel. The hotel is beautiful and has a lounge, although the lounge is small and the offerings not as expansive as the offerings at the Ren or JW. While you can walk to restaurants, the walk requires winding your way through highway intersections, so it is not for the feint of heart. This has become my favorite hotel in KL.

Between the JW and the Ren, I am a Ren guy, but if you want to walk out the hotel door and be in the heart of shopping and restaurants, go with the JW. If you are at the Ren, see if someone will show you the Presidential Suite. They will not UG guests to this suite but it is ginormous and elegant.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Why is the Majestic not on your list. As a Plat I was given an UG to a spectacular two room suite with a very nice bathroom with a great soaking tub. You can take the inexpensive train from the airport and, like the Sheraton, get a free shuttle to the hotel. The hotel is beautiful and has a lounge, although the lounge is small and the offerings not as expansive as the offerings at the Ren or JW. While you can walk to restaurants, the walk requires winding your way through highway intersections, so it is not for the feint of heart. This has become my favorite hotel in KL.

Between the JW and the Ren, I am a Ren guy, but if you want to walk out the hotel door and be in the heart of shopping and restaurants, go with the JW. If you are at the Ren, see if someone will show you the Presidential Suite. They will not UG guests to this suite but it is ginormous and elegant.
I didn't include it because of the lounge. I've stayed there. I just don't think the lounge is competitive compared to the other legacy SPG and legacy Marriott properties in Kuala Lumpur. With that said, the rates at The Majestic, Autograph Collection can be very cheap.
CJKatl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.